Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

For our beloved friends, the macroers

TBH im disappointed cos like no 1 cheated in first EL and shows how this game has turned in a cheating frenzy  :don:  :don:  :don:  1 thing i find even worse is that half of them are the players who have played this for ages which is even worse, its also a kick in the bollocks because i always wondered why i was so far behind every1 in the game, now too some relief i know its not just cos they play more  :(

i think all their stats should be slapped down cos this is pathetic and the funniest bit is, after this giant clear up of this they will probs do it again and get levels right back to where they were once ent has penalised them.

This shows a real problem in the game and i suppose there isnt much anyone can do to stop it.

204219[/snapback]

Why bother with this topic when the rules already state this?

204223[/snapback]

i think you should shaddap most of them admitting here didn't use any macro or automatization

only a friggin zoom and coloured GM

like you would lvl faster with a coloured GM :/

i've been playing this game for a year now (or more) and i'm still 67/73 a/d does that say i'm macroing? or doing anything else illegal that lvl's me up fast?

and this is what you get for a year of hard training...

you only try to improve the game for urself by using something funny as a coloured GM or a bigger zoom cause you are getting annoyed by the zoom that is currently used on the official client.

even with the zoom i still lvl the same as without it so why bother punishing someone that play's the same as with the official client?

ye really...i mean this is my first time ever even being warned about something...but all the ppl that used to do it got TONS of warning it just sucks i made one mistake and now could lose alot of things that ppl in the past would just get a warning about on their first time

edit: sry posted when ent posted

204207[/snapback]

Keep in min that EVERYONE HAS BEEN WARNED in the rules and the previous macro'rs who have been punished. If someone wants to be upset about this punishment, they should be upset at the people who made the illegal clients despite the fact they knew it was illegal. It isn't necessary to warn every single person every single time either, specially not for something as major as running illegal clients that give you an advantage!

i think you should shaddap most of them admitting here didn't use any macro or automatization (just because they didn't admit doesn't mean that they are NOT guilty.)

i've been playing this game for a year now (or more) and i'm still 67/73 a/d does

204237[/snapback]

message to hardcore

I [your ingame name here] declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last [time interval] I've cheated in the following ways:

(mark with an X the options that apply)

[x] Used an illegal client

[] Macroed

[] Created and distributed an illegal client.

[] Other (please specify)

I understand that by doing that I deprived other players by their time and effort, since I've gained an unfair advantage over them, and even though Entropy mercifully decided to forgive me, I ASK to be penalized with a 30% of all my skills exp and an overal kill reset if I've been macroing, and a 20% penalty if I've only been using an illegal client without macroing.

I give this declaration using my whole free will, because I am ashamed of my wrongdoings. I was NOT coerced into it, nor was I threatened or blackmailed into signing it.

I hope that the community will forgive me, and I am terribly sorry for my past mistakes. As a service to the society, I am willing to denounce the following traitors, so that my punishment will be 5% smaller than the one I really deserve:

[names of other traitors here]

With humility,

[Dlerch]

P.S. I will, of course, never cheat again, and if I will ever do so, please delete my character.

I used several clients because they were more stable I never used the bonus features.

TBH im disappointed cos like no 1 cheated in first EL and shows how this game has turned in a cheating frenzy  :don:  :don:  :don:  1 thing i find even worse is that half of them are the players who have played this for ages which is even worse, its also a kick in the bollocks because i always wondered why i was so far behind every1 in the game, now too some relief i know its not just cos they play more  :(

i think all their stats should be slapped down cos this is pathetic and the funniest bit is, after this giant clear up of this they will probs do it again and get levels right back to where they were once ent has penalised them.

This shows a real problem in the game and i suppose there isnt much anyone can do to stop it.

204219[/snapback]

If you would have actually read the statements, before smart mouthing about it, you would have seen that most people didn't macro at all. As for me, i only tested the client a bit and gained perhaps 10k potion exp. My lvl 94/94 a/d are earned fairly in the past years, and so is my lvl 113 OA. I worked my friggin ass off to get them so high.

message to hardcore

204247[/snapback]

thorr look up realdurs stats and then compare em to this chars stats when it was still 50's do you still think i didn't do anything to get till 70's lol

think before you talk Bs

I Slashfury declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last [time interval] I've cheated in the following ways:

[] Macroed

[x] Other (please specify) used Exp counter and GM color changer and *o* guild site maps

I understand that by doing that I deprived other players by their time and effort, since I've gained an unfair advantage over them, and even though Entropy mercifully decided to forgive me, I ASK to be penalized with a 30% of all my skills exp and an overal kill reset if I've been macroing, and a 20% penalty if I've only been using an illegal client without macroing.

I give this declaration using my whole free will, because I am ashamed of my wrongdoings. I was NOT coerced into it, nor was I threatened or blackmailed into signing it.

I hope that the community will forgive me, and I am terribly sorry for my past mistakes. As a service to the society, I am willing to denounce the following traitors, so that my punishment will be 5% smaller than the one I really deserve:

[jerro]

With humility,

Slashfury

P.S. I will, of course, never cheat again, and if I will ever do so, please delete my character.

204202[/snapback]

Aww slash.... I would have never expected it of you. That makes me sad. :(

I [your ingame name here] declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last [time interval] I've cheated in the following ways:

[] Macroed

[] Other (please specify)

[names of other traitors here]

With humility,

[Dlerch]

I used several clients because they were more stable I never used the bonus features.

Dlerch! Say it ain't so!

dlerch only used the client, not the features in it fox..just like slashfury...as for those that did use the features, i pray Ent is in a forgiving mood when he doles out punishments.

Edited by LadyWolf

i dont think its that fair punishment

person1 used zoom and exp calculator and has 100 a/d

person2 used zoom and exp calculator and has 40 a/d

person1 wil be punished so much more!

Wait just a sec...

Up until this newest update I was using the TC Client. It featured Colored GMs, Uber Zoom, and XP counter.

And that was the LEGAL version.

I dont think anyone should get stats cut for using ZOOM, Colored GMs or XP Counters.

As a matter of fact I think the legal client should have these things implemented.

I think its time to go after the real macroers. Uber Zoom is NOT a Macro.

JaneMuffin

well said janemuffin :D

and btw zoom is not implemented for the newbies cause things don't get displayed right then....

why not think of players that are playing it already and make a box which enables the uberzoom?

I think there was a mess of tc clients, some legal, some dont. I dont know more details because i always used the official linux client with the maps and textures i downloaded when i was in GarD (thanks Jane), and i still do, but the way i read in this thread i should not worry.

There are clients who only aditional features was zoon? or colored gm? or fancy macros? Maybe more details on what client was legal in what time should clear up the issue a bit.

While I fully sympathize with those that have CTS (I myself am beginning to develop it and it's no fun--I also plan on redoing things in the game to help us CTS'ers), you still should have asked for permission from either myself, entropy, or mihaim to clear up your reasons why and make it be known.

204111[/snapback]

My apologies for not doing so. My impression was that the administration was very "heavey handed" and would have not allowed it. And by asking and being rejected, I would have placed myself "under the microsope" of the mods which would have made my situation even worse. I made a choice. I must live with the consequences.

Wait just a sec...

Up until this newest update I was using the TC Client.  It featured Colored GMs, Uber Zoom, and XP counter.

And that was the LEGAL version.

I dont think anyone should get stats cut for using ZOOM, Colored GMs or XP Counters.

As a matter of fact I think the legal client should have these things implemented.

I think its time to go after the real macroers.  Uber Zoom is NOT a Macro.

JaneMuffin

204294[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure this thread is just for those who cheat. use of things like extra zoom and all are violations of the 'no custom clients during test phase' rule, not the cheating issues

XP counter is allowed in custom clients but is unlikely to go in the official client because it's mostly for fighters, and there's too much emphasis on combat already (paraphrased, but what I was told by an admin)

extra zoom is legal, but not in official client because at too much zoom things don't get drawn right (I've asked about this, because I'll include this in my releases once test phase is over)

I'm strongly against letting players chose colours, because some people chose the wrong ones, and because it's hard to tell a white GM from a white local (well, bad example, but y'know)

on the other hand, being able to change colour schemes on your computer would be nifty (so you could have all #GMs being yellow, etc)

but no, I really don't want this allowed in client (and my client will likely strip #GM colours until it's done server-side)

well said janemuffin :D

and btw zoom is not implemented for the newbies cause things don't get displayed right then....

why not think of players that are playing it already and make a box which enables the uberzoom?

204297[/snapback]

it has been considered as an extra option.

I am still confused with maps.

I have installed the new client in the same folder where the old client was located.

I have Fred Penner's maps and some maps from *O* in the map folder.

For example, coal cave map is replaced with a new one (from the new client).

I've marked (with #mark) some ressources after the update because they were removed or the location has changed.

edit:

Is this the usage of "Fred Penner's maps/*O* maps" illegal or not? Yes or no?

Edited by DrMabuse

I [FRoGkiLL] declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last [time interval] I've cheated in the following ways:

[] Used an illegal client

[] Macroed

[X] Other (please specify)

(Zoom, exp counter and colour #gm :D )

With humility,

[FRoGkiLL]

P.S! What is so bad about coloured gm,exp counter and zoom... also we would experience the same bugs as the official client users, thats what this is all about right? We spend a lot of time here and put effort in our levels which we didnt macro so why get experience taken away?

<EDIT> thought i may add that i stopped using it like 1 1/2 weeks ago due to realising i shouldn't have been in the first place

Edited by FRoGkiLL

I've marked (with #mark) some ressources after the update because they were removed or the location has changed.

Is this illegal or not? Yes or no?

204312[/snapback]

you used a command in the official client to do this... no feature of the official client is illegal (bar exploiting of bugs and possibly misfeatures)