Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

For our beloved friends, the macroers

Hello, my macroer friends.

Today it's a good day for you, no? Perhaps you woke up and seen the results of your labour, yet another 10K exp for some skill or another. Macroing is beautiful, it's so easy to do and very rewarding.

Of course, it is also illegal. And so is using non official clients that contain macroing and/or automatization abilities, regardless of whether or not you used them.

In the last weeks, we developed some ways to catch most of the macroers and some of those using illegal clients. Now, our methods are not 100% perfect, but those caught are caught, there is no doubt they were macroing and/or using an illegal client. I mean, no :"I was watching the TV" or "My cat walked over my keyboard" excuses.

BTW, here is my definition of illegal client: A client that has ANY kind of macroing and/or automatization built in, or that displays various things that shouldn't be displayed, such as the mapwide bags and so on. Of course, features available in the official client that might contain automatization are ok.

So the purpose of this thread is to give the macroers and 'illegal clienters' a chance to admit it, in exchange for a lesser penalty.

If you've been macroing or using an illegal client lately, you will have to sign this declaration:

I [your ingame name here] declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last [time interval] I've cheated in the following ways:

(mark with an X the options that apply)

[] Used an illegal client

[] Macroed

[] Created and distributed an illegal client.

[] Other (please specify)

I understand that by doing that I deprived other players by their time and effort, since I've gained an unfair advantage over them, and even though Entropy mercifully decided to forgive me, I ASK to be penalized with a 30% of all my skills exp and an overal kill reset if I've been macroing, and a 20% penalty if I've only been using an illegal client without macroing.

I give this declaration using my whole free will, because I am ashamed of my wrongdoings. I was NOT coerced into it, nor was I threatened or blackmailed into signing it.

I hope that the community will forgive me, and I am terribly sorry for my past mistakes. As a service to the society, I am willing to denounce the following traitors, so that my punishment will be 5% smaller than the one I really deserve:

[names of other traitors here]

With humility,

[your name here]

P.S. I will, of course, never cheat again, and if I will ever do so, please delete my character.

That declaration has to be posted here, on this thread. You have 3 days (until Monday, 5 AM GMT). If you did macro or use an illegal client and you don't 'sign' the declaration, you will have all your skills reset to 0 if you macroed, and to 25% if you only used an illegal client without macroing.

The declaration has to be signed ONLY by the owner of the character. If you sign a declaration and impersonate someone else, you will be so banned...

If you decide to 'sign' it, it has to be reproduced letter by letter, except, of couse, for blocks such as [insert your name here], (mark with an X the options that apply), etc.

Altered declarations, funny or not, will NOT be admited.

Obviously, you might think I am bluffing. And you might be right. Maybe we are are so helpless against detecting and preventing macroing that we decided to resort to all kind of tricks such as this post. I mean, how can we find out if someone is using a modified client? It's pretty hard, if not impossible.

But then again, maybe we are not bluffing. So you decide :(

Best wishes,

Teh G0d

Just a quick question.

I wanted to know if it was okay to change my bmp files for brown leather to black. Only *I* can see them, I am using the officail client, but I like the black leather better for screenshots.

Is that illegal atm?

Thanks,

JaneMuffin

I think that all those who fail to sign and are reduced to zero should be listed on this thread so that we can give them all the sympathy that they deserve for losing everything. :):D

I think that all those who fail to sign and are reduced to zero should be listed on this thread so that we can give them all the sympathy that they deserve for losing everything. :) :)

203457[/snapback]

(dude, close your tags - looks better when your effects actually work :D )

In a "scarlet letter" sort of way, I agree.

EDIT: took out the size tag from the quote - it's just annoying.

Edited by Arnieman

*puts on fake moustaches,a beard,a hat,fake glasses*

Hello,my name is Mr. ...uh....Ent.I would like to sign this document :)

*beard falls off*uhhh...that was supposed to happen :D

I really doubt that displaying the list of those that fail to comply to Entropy's injonction would be a good thing. I, for one, do not doubt the admin'team is able to get proof of macro'ing for those they can spot. Why ? Because I can imagine at least three obvious ways of detecting some kind of macro'ing (auto-clicking and scripting, mainly) without impairing the performances on serverside.

Now I have a question for "da God" here. I've read several statements about using custom tab-maps, most of them that I found a bit confusing. So I ask it plainly : does the fact that I use bmp files, other than the maps provided with the regular client, puts me in the same category of people hereby summoned ? (It's about the same as JaneMuffin's concern, basically...)

Thanks for your attention.

a mod told me u couldnt use maps, i havnt been using any since it was not alowed.. lol underworld is anoying to get out :D

Well...;(..whats your punishment of using mm silver cave bmp for autowalking?...

but only bmp, not the *.elm file...

Just copied only those bmp's which were not included after update..and then they told they cant be used.So..I should pick them away now..*sigh*

Sure its quite easy to see if someone uses map-walking in cave which havent got official map.So those who dont admit it will be resetted totally?..:ppp

poor me..

Sincerely Yours..:D

Ratman aka Willson

Guest skaar
rofl no one is going to admit if you get a 20% penalty and 30% if you macro :P

that would be weeks of work all over again O.o'

203381[/snapback]

u can smaler ur punishment: :omg:

I am willing to denounce the following traitors, so that my punishment will be 5% smaller than the one I really deserve:

[names of other traitors here]

:mace: rofl

[EDIT]

an upgrade of 5% for ppl which don't use macros/ilegal clients for denouncing would be a good deal ;)

Edited by skaar

Wait we are not allowed to use the cave maps and the underworld maps anymore? Like the ones at o.tfm.ro ?

203542[/snapback]

Your client must be what entopy has released, with no changes (apart from his updates)

if you can compile CVS code yourself, you may use unedited (completely. contact a developer if you need to make changes so that it will compile) CVS

exceptions: if you're a developer, have special permission(especially for other operating systems), or have obtained a copy from a recognised developer(which is most likely to be plain CVS anyway)

all data files must also match this, you can only use what has been released in entropy's installer or optionally more up-to-date files in CVS

this includes even the minimap/BMPs, because many maps have had changes made, and the new maps in the installer will be more accurate than old player-made ones

once testing period is over (and you'll know, I'm sure, when that happens), I suspect we will go back to how it was before 1.1.0 came out. until then, use just what has been given by the developers so that we're best able to identify the cause and solution for all and any bugs that arise

I [DonPedro] declare t...

With humility,

[Pedro]

among other rules this is a clear breach of rule #16

16. No Impersonations

Do not impersonate or pass yourself off as an Eternal Lands owner, developer, moderator, or in-game players. This includes creating similar variances upon names in order to deceive, misrepresent or post false information to others.

someone is so gonna get in trouble :angry2:

among other rules this is a clear breach of rule #16

someone is so gonna get in trouble  :angry2:

203562[/snapback]

not only that, but also from the head of this thread:

The declaration has to be signed ONLY by the owner of the character. If you sign a declaration and impersonate someone else, you will be so banned...

203334[/snapback]

this is going beyond the 'usual' level of impersonation problems...

It doesn't matter who it was because the IP is baned now. Some idiot using a proxy. Of course, when we find out who he is he will get utterly banned.

As for the modfied clients, like I said, we only get really pissed off when they have some automatization or macroing built in them. Changing how the client looks, like using a different BMP for the interface, or even making your own TAB map, that's ok, to some extent.

But having other shit in the client, such as auto heal and stuff is not ok.