Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rasberrybeard

Summoning extravaganza

I had this idea, just for fun mind you, that we could hold a massive summoning fest in Tarsengard graveyard :blush:. It would be for screenie purposes mainly. I mean imagine it , thousands of animals all in your view :P. I dont know if we would need a less public place or not. The only rules I could think of that we would need are the following. Now naturally summons will kill each other so we would have to wait for each animals prospective category.

1. Dont kill summons until the summoning event is declared over.

2. You will be responsible for any items you lose from summons attacking you.

3. Only summon stronger animals when it is announced that it is their time.

Of course seeing as there will be no prizes I dont expect many people to be enthusiastic about it. I wont set a date for this unless enough people wanna do it.

I dont think so. Only if you're a dialup junkie.

202167[/snapback]

First of all, yes it will. We are talking about somewhere around 1000 creatures within around 25 x, y coords.

Second, It will lag the server. The real reason they don't want people summoning near storage is because if you summon 10 rabbits, then the server has to send the information to the 20 different people at storage, telling where each of those 10 rabbits are. Imagine 30-40 people in one place, and 1000 animals....

Nvm, I should have expected this, mods just delete this please, I dont want another bash nackster topic in here.

202406[/snapback]

No. It's a nice idea, and i think there will be enough people interested in it.

You will always get complaints when you do things, don't worry about it :)

I suggest one of the C2 maps tho, the graveyard is a bit laggy as it is, and I personally would like some nice meadows or something. If i were a summoner i'd be in, but i can only summon rats lol :P

I would love to join in.. :)

I mean, it would be kool.

This aint nagging.. But say we used a big map.. (WS) we could split it up into sections. Say Rabbits in one place, etc etc.. :P

But, I really like the idea..

*Runs off and gets a Conjour Cape, And some Nexuses :smartass: *

Edited by BeefeH

I would love to join in.. :)

I mean, it would be kool.

This aint nagging.. But say we used a big map.. (WS) we could split it up into sections. Say Rabbits in one place, etc etc.. :)

But, I really like the idea..

*Runs off and gets a Conjour Cape, And some Nexuses  :smartass: *

202431[/snapback]

Nice idea :D

*Flexes her summoning muscles*

I would love to participate in a summoning event.

However keep in mind, you can't summon endlessly; there is a max limit of summons both per map and per all maps.. invasion monsters also count to this limit, (as we found out on the test server).

This will need a tad more structuring.

only summon fluffy and chimerian :) i wanna see 100+ fluffys/chims =))

This sounds like alot of fun, let me know when this is going on, I could see if I could bring along a few guildmates to help give out mana potions, life essences and ingredients for people who are summoning, because running out of mana is all that ever holds me back!

Btw, I think the best place to do this would be out in one of the bare areas of DP where there aren't alot of objects or walls nearby (I'll grab some coords later), that would keep lag and low fps to a minimum.