Eternal Lands Official Forums
Tropicano

Eternal Fantasy

im working on a small game, wich currently goes under the name Eternal Fantasy. Its a singel player RPG (final fantasy style) game. Its played out in the world of Irilion and you will be able to visit most of the places in EL.. The story will be breathtaking, to say the least :sneaky: And for you who actually have been around for a while there will be many familiar faces :P

The game is developed in a program named RPG maker XP - and in order to play the game you will have to download a installer thats about 25 or so mb large, and Then download my game, wich isnt much bigger than 200kb atm (the sound/gfx etc. is already included in the installer wich is free for download, and also includes a trial version of RPG XP)

At the moment i really cant present a playable version, but instead im showing you 2 screenshot of the game :) The screenshots are captured in lakeside and grahm's village:

ef_screen01.JPG

ef_screen02.JPG

hope you will enjoy it once its playable. :) if your interested in testing it along the way, just PM me and it could be arranged... perhaps :P

Edited by Tropicano

awesome, i love games like this..until im on a better connection i'll pass on testing, but definitely want to play it when it's done.

cool. i hope im in it aswel (probly not ;p) when is it done i wanna play :sneaky::D

Ehm.... Do you even know ruby pal? If you did that could look twice as good as it does. I'm not knocking you, but i think you should spend a little more time learning the script before you go flaunting your wares. You might also want to consider graphics other than the rtp pack. There are a few sites out there dedicated to the new maker, though you would have intensly better luck using the older 2k and 2k3 makers when looking for resources. I will keep my eye on this one, if only for the fact that it is EL related. And final question, are you using the hacked version or enterbrains official english version? As it will matter when running games as the script files differ a little bit, they will still run but with quirky little errors.

PS: If you need somone who knows the editor and could fix bugs to test play it I could do that for you.

Edited by scarab2k

@ scarab2k

Im well aware that the game could look much better than it will do, but Im not making the game for the sake of the graphics.. Im simply making a game about Eternal Lands... a game that, hopefully, will be enjoyable for old el players :) I will be happy if I get as much as one player who likes the game.

And im using the official english version of the program.

Edited by Tropicano

I know trop so i better be in it :) lol looking gd m8y u done urself proud :D

@ scarab2k

Im well aware that the game could look much better than it will do, but Im not making the game for the sake of the graphics.. Im simply making a game about Eternal Lands... a game that, hopefully, will be enjoyable for old el players :bow_arrow: I will be happy if I get as much as one player who likes the game.

And im using the official english version of the program.

201954[/snapback]

I'm sorry I came off a little too harsh that wasn't my intent. I'm a lil jumpy when it comes to rpg maker, as the XP version has been bringing a lot of rifraf into the community. lol. I would love to test it if you still need people to do so.

@ scarab2k

I wouldnt know whats new with the XP version, since i havent tested any of the older versions. I just figured, "hey, lets make a game bout EL" :P And i found out about the RPG maker XP... looked sweet, and it actually is... at least for my purpose.

About testing, i will post a link to the game whenever i have a version that needs testing... Right now im working alot on the storyline of the game, and that doesnt really need testing :) Its the gameplay (balancing etc.) that will need testers.. I will keep you posted.

And about being in the game, im adding everyone i can think of, and if you show interest in here im most likley adding you as well :)

@ Shivar

Ofc. you will be in the game, there always has to be a bad guy ;)