Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

EL Birthday contests

A variation of my first idea would be that lets say the gms put some items, lets say 15, that won't decay throughout one map which that day they will announce which map the items are at, preferably someplace like wsc or prima isle, nonpk maps so that everyone can participate. These items would be inside houses and some of them lying around in the forests. All players have an amount of time to find these items.

When the time is up the people that have these items go to the next event, while the ones who lost can watch, anyone who lost and gives out any anwsers is sent to the underworld.

In the next event you have a riddle contest between players. Every player says a riddle, and the player that anwsers the most riddles wins.

In the event that more than one player wins, then one of the game masters could have a riddle or two prepared, and to make it more interesting even if one person wins he has to anwser one riddle from the gm. :twisted:

Now the person who wins will have to choose from three bags. In one of them you will have a good item, whatever the game master decide, while the other two would have something like two vials of lesser heal in one bag and the other one 20 rabbit fur.

I like the idea of pink rabbits *g*, shouldn't be a hassle to code, just change color and add one or two values? But I'd prefer black rabbits instead :twisted:

Make like 5 different new colors for rabbits and create 5 rabbits of each color. Set out those rabbits anywhere in the world and give those ppl who manage to get one of the special rabbit furs, unique items: armor, weapons, shields, etc. perhaps a good sword that never disappears even if the character dies - all you'll have to do is to change a couple of values & it's color, shouldn't be so to much coding, only a bit.

Anyway, it's just an addition to Snuit's idea, nothing more.

Could Ent like put down which ones he likes most so far so we can embellish on it or is he just going to wait till the day before and say whos he likes? I mean if people had better ieas of what hes looking for besides the norm we might get it closer to what he wants....ya know?

Mine I dont think much coding other then a bucket here a table there to add a few words to it. I dont think that requires much coking if any at all.

a marathon........

We start some place (lakeside, for eksambel) a "run" to the next point. Here there stands a person (admin) everone how pass say something. Just normal talk, so that you will have to pass him to get noticed.

This repeats itself thrue different places, until goal. here there is another person, who you will have to go into trade with. First man to do this wins.

We could even make it more exciting by moving thrue PvP maps and monster-maps. (Will you hit him, or run?)

Guest thyomen

i think we should have a relay race lol from the beam me up place to somewere im not sure we should make teams of 3 or 4 first place get 50k 2ndplace gets 25k 3rd place gets 10k

what u think

Two things:

1. Your avatar is a pain. Shrink it. It takes up 3/5ths of my browsing space!

2. 50k is not THAT much. You'll learn that in time. Say...

1st Place: Titanium Serpent sword, Steel shield, Platinum armor, etc. (basically a full suit of armor and weapons) AND 2500k

Second place: 2500k

Third place: 1000k

Fourth through tenth place: 100k

if theres gonna be ne NEW rare items introduced, they should be spawned on the tele's in white stone (its really fun trying to get ppl to pick em up :)

but u could like only get one item per char or somethin

I don't think a race is a good idea, you just won't be able to control it. Even if you make checkpoints, so what? Who's gonna tell the guy at checkpoint 2 that a particular player has passed through checkpoint 1? You can't expect those ppl who will monitor the race to remember every single player that passed by. It just won't work IMHO.

That would mean a hell lot of screenshots for each new person who enters the screen. If you can take screenshots each seconds it might work, but will still take some time to sort all the pics out. The program I use needs ~ 5+ seconds for each screenshot while playing full-screen, perhaps you are using a better one... hmm... playing in window mode might also get it done faster. I dunno... You can't really let 50+ ppl (if even half of the players participate, how many registered do we have btw?) start from a single line to give everyone a fair chance.

I say one huge game of simon says people do things with char or type stuff has to be within 2-3 seconds after they say it so you dont have time to think about it Ex simon says sit down, simon says stand up, walk in circles

People that mess up have to sit out but can watch last 1st get whatever then 2nd constantly decreasing until 10th.

I tried to follow that but I'm lost...

how bout a scavenger hunt/manhunt type of thing

mods are placed throughout maps at certain spots

the mod you start w/ could b at the beam point with the first clue

this clue would lead u to the 2nd person, who would give u a clue and certain items (like 2 blue lupines and 3 red snapdragons or somethin) and maybe even a secret word or somethin.. the items and keyword would be used to get the next clue etc from the next person

and this would go on until u finally get to the final person, give him the flowers and secret word and POW you win

Well I've waited since I joined back in June, and my damn ISP has to pick the perfect damn time to not let me log on to my favorite damn game and now I'll miss the damn birthday. Damn it!

And people are starting to repeat what other people said!