Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

EL Birthday contests

As some of you already know, EL's birthday is 14 February.

Now, besides for a banal drop party/man hunt, I want some really interesting and fun events/contests, preferably that will not require any additional programming/maps/etc.

So, please post your ideas here. The winner (the guy who's idea will be selected) will ger 500 platinum coins.

500 plats is nearley a prize in itself

You could do varts favorite, whoever finds joker the most wins...

HOw bout just a massive manhunt no hints for a very large amount of money could be in underworld or pk maps...and later on (a giant party in a tavern)

Or how bout every one deposits ALL their items but 1 iem, and once we all (who want to participate) are ready you call out the item, the people(s) that have that item wins a big prize or a combination of items in the same way

then the last one...a COMPLEATE billion channel manhunt, someone hides in a channel ANY channel first one to talk in that channel wins HUGE prizeds i did it once with 100 channels took 10 mins!

how about a triva contest?

we could have it held in a certain channel and have entropy ask some questions.. and when he gets tired another admin/mod steps in and askes some questions..

they could be in these catagories:

skills

Maps

Npc's(shops,quests people)

Creatures(animals and creatures)

famous pictures(item pics and such)

Poporrii (anything)

the reward could be higher in certain catagories than others..

(npc's would be harder than creatures)

how about...

we can have a marathon race through a bunch of places but to prevent use of rings there will be checkpoints in a few places so u cant cheat the checkpoints will be done by ppl i guess trustable ppl

we can have a contest this might help every1 but whoever can list the most bugs under a thread wins maby this would help u guys alot in the fight against bugs

we can have a lag contest witch will be hard whoever doesent lag out wins mabey but that might not work unless we have 100 plus ppl in a small cramped room

thats all i got so far

First of all, I think that we should all use one chat channel. Then we could all communicate easily, without having to be in the same vicinity. Also, create a special, one-day-only beam point. This is for getting to the party quickly

Or we could have a tournament on a PK map... Everyone waits outside the entrance, and then two people go in and fight. Maybe a REALLY powerful ref inside also. When everything is done, the person still alive wins! [That counts me out... 12/12/12 :)]

Or maybe a contest of hunting! You go hunting with EVERYTHING deposited [no equipment] and you come back with the meat, the bones, fur, etc. Maybe a scoring table?

1 Meat=10pts.

1 Bone=1pt.

1 Rabbit fur= 20pts.

1 Deer fur= 30pts.

1 Snake skin (any kind)=40pts.

1 Fox fur= 50 pts.

1 Wolf fur= 50 pts.

1 Bear fur= 70 pts.

Or something like that... Say, you give them all 10 min. or so, then, when the time is up, everyone goes to the special beam point and sells everything to a special NPC (just for the occasion). Person with the most gold wins!

Best idea, i think lol, you could do a treasure hunt like say u need for instance:

give a clue to every1 at the start of the hunt. The clue leads to a volenteer standing in some spot that ur hint point them towards. To get you next hint you must find this person and trade them. They then give yuo and item (dont let ne1 know the item or the can just make it up and say they were there) and a hint to the next person. The first to complete all the checkpoints wins. So its a little bit of trivia and also a lot of fun! hope u like my idea!

A variation on the manhunt be my idea...

A selection of fairly obtainable items (about 3-5) are to be found by participants and delivered to the "host", who will be in a random location on any map. For each item to be found, a cryptic clue is given, eg, if an item was raw meat, the clue would be something like "get together with the uncooked" (get together = meet, sounds same as meat), and the location of the "host" would also be given in the form of a cryptic clue, eg, "behind a deadly building" for the back of the wsc arena.

The first person to bring the items to the host wins.

The items should be fairly easy to get so that less experienced players still have a chance, and that the winner is determined by intelligence, and not fighting abilities, etc.

How about this, that day you give everyone like an hour to gather items, all kinds of items when the hour is up everyone should meet at a specific point, anyone arriving late would not be able to participate.

Then one of the admins or gms would call out some items of their choice, the people that have these items go to the next event, while the ones who lost can watch, anyone who lost and gives out any anwsers is sent to the underworld.

In the next event you have a riddle contest between players. Every player says a riddle, and the player that anwsers the most riddles wins.

In the event that more than one player wins, then one of the game masters could have a riddle or two prepared.

Now the person who wins will have to choose from three bags. In one of them you will have a good item, whatever the game master decide, (I am thinking something like an iron sword, or a piece of leather armor or if the player so chooses money instead of the item) while the other two would have something like two vials of lesser heal in one bag and the other one 20 rabbit fur.

Another event could also be a survival event. No player can have any items, weapons or armor of any type. You put a few aggresive monsters along the way and the players have to go from point a to point b. The one who gets there first wins. This event would be good for all players, as you won't have to fight the monster but run from them.

What do you think?

You could have a scavenger hunt. Post all the items needed through the blue message and tell them to meet you in a certain amount of time at a certain place. Also so that people more than likely wont have them in their storage use items that most people wont have.

Ok about the one day beam point Ent said that requires no additional programming so thats out

hmmm I was thinking like have one item that people need to get (like bones) cause you can't buy them and then give people a certain amount of time to collect the item the person with the most at the end WINS

Not bones because that would be to easy for people who have alot of bones in their storage.

place about 50 bags around EL that wont dissapear, all these bags have prizes in and one of the bags has a white stone city ring and maybe a unique item, the person then beams to wsc and prooves he didnt just buy a wsc ring by showing the person there the unique thing and they get 500 plats and there name put on the next tavern, and the other bags have like 500gp or swords and stuff in, then afterwards, put a wall around wsc and give everyone free wsc rings to get inside for a HUGE bd party.

Since its also valentines day how about adding a special version of the rabbits perhaps a pink one? throw it into white stone somewhere and the person who brings the pink rabbit fur to the beam wins. :D

Perhaps some more colored rabbits for different prizes instead of colorful balloons we have colorful rabbits :)

Maybe we can have limited edition helmets, all diffarant colours, something like only 50 of them and you win them somehow, like the masks on runescaepe

OMG!!! i just came up with the best one ever:

We start with everyone who wants to play at the WSC meeting hall or somewere, and we start with "Fastest typer first" and the host tells them to type something and the fastest person who does it goes into the "hot seat" and they have to answere 15 questions:

1st question right = 100gp

2nd question right = 200gp

3rd question right = 300gp

4th question right = 500gp

5th question right = 1000gp

6th question right = 2000gp

7th question right = 4000gp

8th question right = 8000gp

9th question right = 16000gp

10th question right = 32000gp

11th question right = 64000gp

12th question right = 128000gp

13th question right = 256000gp

14th question right = 500000gp

15th question right = 1000000gp

i call it "Who wants to be a millionaire"

I just wanted to let you know a lot of these ideas are not possible because they require additional programming and Ent said no additional programming :shock: :shock:

Yes, the beam up is server based, but still...

A thing to gather various items is nice. But it should be items that:

1. Are easy to get even by newbies.

2. Is unlikely that people have them in the storage already.

3. Can't be bought in the store.

So, as you can see, thereare only a few items that match.

Erm I prolly shoulda just editted last post, but if its big deal delete it lol.

Because it should be easy for all I propose:

#1 No manhunts as more exp players know maps (like me)

#2 No gathering items, same reason as above

#3 Something that takes brains not brawn

Idea:

!st: I figure at the top of every hour on the 14th give a clue (Be the bucket or something)

2nd: Then you must find lots of buckets and examine them and if you find a name (of a mod or NPC or something of the sort) and pm or go to the NPC

3rd: The NPC/Mod will give you next clue (I am easy to gather and not hard to find), and they search things they can harvest with the examine button (I am talking about cacti thre)

4th: they will then get another Mod/chosen name (trustworthy hopefully),and get another clue

5th: Player will give next glue (I say where to go...a sign duh lol), and they examine sign thus getting another name

and so on and so forth till 1 player goes through (5-10 riddle), where the contest ends, and they get a prize.

I like idea of holding a party somewhere after the contest is won (maybe I will finally get to kill things lol). I say party ideas need to be made into a new 'sticky' post and give a vote with 10 different locations lol.