Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atreyu

More Spawns

Should there be more spawns in each map?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be more spawns in each map?

• Yes, lots more.
    • Yes, quite a few more. (Less than above choice)
    • Yes, a little more.
    • No.

I think there should be at least 5 more spawns added to each map..

Maybe a couple less for maps like VOTD, but you know what I mean...

Whitestone maybe 7 more.. so, average 5.

Especially because the game is growing.. there aren't many places where you can have 2 or more spawns to yourself.

Vote, and reply please. :)

EDIT: (For shivar) ...Huh? I mean animal/monster spawns.

Edited by MindFreak

I think there should be at least 5 more spawns added to each map..

Maybe a couple less for maps like VOTD, but you know what I mean...

Whitestone maybe 7 more.. so, average 5.

Especially because the game is growing.. there aren't many places where you can have 2 or more spawns to yourself.

Vote, and reply please. :)

EDIT: (For shivar) ...Huh? I mean animal/monster spawns.

200673[/snapback]

Why should EL cater to people wanting to have spawns of their own?

Because we enjoy the challenges of the game and haved formed friendships within the community - why else?

Why should EL cater to people wanting to have spawns of their own?

200701[/snapback]

So people dont get banned for harrasment and being a trouble maker ?

200673[/snapback]

LOL! Greedy greedy! :angry:

I am in complete agreement. When i hunt deer or boar there are often 4-10 peopl all waiting for that 1 deer to spawn... after they don't get that deer 5 or 6 times since its crowded they say.. forget this i will go harvest. This is a definate problem in the game mechanics that needs to be addressed asap. The game needs more spawns that spawn faster for all things above beavers in the more forested areas. Maintain the same number (or reduce it) in the town/city areas.

People do not join the game just to chat... if they want to chat they just go on IRC or one of the millions of other chat and PM software packages that are free to use and download that are 10 times better than this when it comes to just chatting and messaging related activities. Look on the home page for the game eternal-lands.com it says GAME not CHAT program.

OT:

Goes along with my previous post about "End the Harvest".

Edited by ph3r3

I am in complete agreement. When i hunt deer or boar there are often 4-10 peopl all waiting for that 1 deer to spawn... after they don't get that deer 5 or 6 times since its crowded they say.. forget this i will go harvest. This is a definate problem in the game mechanics that needs to be addressed asap. The game needs more spawns that spawn faster for all things above beavers in the more forested areas. Maintain the same number (or reduce it) in the town/city areas.

People do not join the game just to chat... if they want to chat they just go on IRC or one of the millions of other chat and PM software packages that are free to use and download that are 10 times better than this when it comes to just chatting and messaging related activities. Look on the home page for the game eternal-lands.com it says GAME not CHAT program.

OT:

Goes along with my previous post about "End the Harvest".

200968[/snapback]

Then maybe we get rid of spawn points so you don't know know where it will spawn and you actually have to go hunt it down? :blink:

Then maybe we get rid of spawn points so you don't know know where it will spawn and you actually have to go hunt it down?  :blink:

201026[/snapback]

well if spawn points themselves are stopped/made to random areas, then there would have to be more animals/monsters anyway. Otherwise hunting/training would become everones worst nightmare. Not to mention how much longer it would take :P

Learner maybe you don't see it.. but by the polls standings the majority of people definatly want more spawns.. why the hell do you just want to sit around doing nothing? no one does. As it currently stands only 2 out of 20 (10%) don't want an increase in spawns.. and i have no idea why.

Are you trying to make the game as unappealing to the masses as possible and drive it into the ground? Things that most players seem to be mentioning in these forms seem to be right on track.. common sense ideas and they just get blasted by senior members & met with negativity.

I respect you want to have a unique game, but expect that almost no one will be playing it if you continue to not make the game appealing to people in general. I don't see why there is so much hatred for constructive critisim in this commnunity.

I can tell you right now that people don't want to hunt bunny rabbits for 10 hours with practically nothing to show for it. You also seem so worried about the influx of money in the game.. did you ever sit down and do some calculations on how long it would be to become a level 20 fighter with some decent armor and weapons that can go around and kill a few pathetic goblins?

Edited by ph3r3

here we go again, fighters needing more spawns. Well I think we do need a few more spawns but really just for the fact that there are more people coming in. P3h3R, you really seem to not like this game at the moment as it isn't exactly to your style. The people that devolped and build this game have done an amazing job at getting this game out and working, espacially as it is a free game. Seriously have some respect for them. A few more spawns due to the extra people might be nice, but we have a whole new continent for people to go and explore and have new spawns on.

I think the idea of having random spawns where you have to go hunting is a very good and realistic idea, but in view of all the people, probably not a good idea as it will make a lot more difficult.

@ph3r3:

First of all, not everybody is a fighter. One of the biggest draws to EL is that a player doesn't have to be a fighter to succeed and have a good time here.

OT: Harvesting isn't bad, nor is being an all arounder. I don't want to specialize, don't like it, and harvesting does not get all this mega experience you all seem to think it does...how much exp can a fighter get in 1 hour vs the max a harvester can get? LOL! Do the math folks.

Secondly, however did you guess that is all the devs want to do? We devote all this time and energy into this game just to drive it into the ground and drive players away. Wow, congratulations ph3r3, you are soooo smart and you figured us out.

You are a fighter. Are you posting about alchemy and crafting? "All the players" you see here posting are fighters. Of course they think there should be more spawns. Just like everyone wants to see more personal benefits from their skill of choice. I mean really, look at the guy who wants 2 spawns for himself!

Constructive criticism is a relative term. We view it as constructive when it benefits the game as a whole, not just a few individuals, and when the suggester has been around long enough to actually understand the game as a whole. 27 people voted so far, I would not call that "most" or "all" of the people...rather a lame representation of the entire EL population you are speaking for.

Also, how do you know what we have planned or don't have planned? ;)

If you are looking for a pure fighting game, this isn't it.

if you want to just kill things, go play an FPS. seriously. if you want player-to-player interaction and variety, then maybe EL is for you

as to number of spawns... yes, as more people play (though the increase in player numbers hasn't been that big) you need more... and y'know what? we now have more. ballance is maintained, whoo!

In my pervious response I was on purpose talking about an extreme idea, thus the smilie.

But, don't expect to 'get your own spawn', but the number of spawns is constantly being updated. Keep in mind with this most recent update, new spawns did go in along with an entire new continent!

More spawns (which has been done) would be great - when harvesters have more to harvest (coming?), manufactors have more to manufacture (slightly done), crafters have more to craft (coming?), alchemists have more to alcheme (is that even a word?), potioners have more to potion (slightly done), and summoners have more to summon (natural correlation to spawns, I think). And let's not forget the mages too.

I guess the message is this - patience. More is coming, and it's coming to everyone.

fluff / cyc spawns are 24/24 7/7 busy ! :lurker:

201628[/snapback]

I'm sure we'll have more before the ants decide to camp there.

I'd like to point out that polls on boards are meaningless. Current state : 37 forum users have voted so far. The game hosts more than 300 players in average everyday. This is all but an efficient tool to probe players feelings or desires.

Yes, there should be more spawns for ALL animals, but only in larger maps. It seems that IP has more deer than White Stone. I know White Stone has more, it's just a lot bigger.

Small maps, such as IP and the garg cave, or the Vermor Castle Ogre, should be where they are, it's a matter of people there, not the monsters being hard to find.

Yes, larger maps alot more spawns of course... maybe 1 new spawn added to every 75x75 coordinates? Maybe a little less or more?

But there is only one deer in IP I thought.