Eternal Lands Official Forums
Atreyu

Voting @ www.mpogd.com

bit strange this kind of votings. Would be more interesting to see even votes for whole year. For example just tried to find  september "winner"  Gangsterz 2 from october list...not even in top 100 now..so...

214441[/snapback]

From the mpogd.com site:

ABOUT MPOGD's GAME OF THE MONTH POLL 

The Multiplayer Online Games Directory's Game of the Month is chosen by players as the premier game for that month. All playable games listed are capable of winning this award although a game can win the award only once a year (starting 2002).

bit strange this kind of votings. Would be more interesting to see even votes for whole year. For example just tried to find  september "winner"  Gangsterz 2 from october list...not even in top 100 now..so...

but anyway...keep voting..I will also when remember..:P

214441[/snapback]

Some of the strange voting results is because some online webpage based games will automatically give their users extra money/turns/whatever if they vote so their users vote for the in-game advantage, not because they feel like voting. It makes it harder for games like EL that play fair.

Edit: to verify what I just said, I signed up for the virtual online wrestling website(#1 on mpogd.com) and looked around. It wasn't long before I found an interesting page. I took a screen shot and highlighted the good stuff.

votecheat.png

Does this seem fair to anybody?

Edited by SlothCommander

214754[/snapback]

Lol read the warning text. You are right, they are not willing to vote for the game. Heh xD

10 Eternal Lands 714 2.42%

9 Space Merchant Realms 976 3.18%

10 Eternal Lands 772 2.52%

We got in the top ten. One more day. Think we could get the 209 votes needed for 9th?

9  Space Merchant Realms 976 3.18%

10 Eternal Lands               772     2.52%

We got in the top ten. One more day. Think we could get the 209 votes needed for 9th?

215447[/snapback]

Not at the rate we've been going. On average we've gotton about 25 votes per day. We'd have to do somthing special. Probably a coordinated compain led by staff and mods. I'd say wait till the start of the next month if we're going to shift into high gear. 10th place seems pretty cool.

Edited by SlothCommander

oh, and for those lazy people like myself, here's a trick(assuming your web browser comes built with enough cool. this works in recent firefox):

click the box with the list of games, type "ete", tap the down arrow key twice, and you have "Eternal Lands" selected! (note: the number of times you have to tap down key may vary when the list of games changes)

if, after typing "et" you are at the first entry starting with 't', then either your browser doesn't have cool enough searching, or you typed too slowly

anyway... 204 votes away from #9!

Some of the strange voting results is because some online webpage based games will automatically give their users extra money/turns/whatever if they vote so their users vote for the in-game advantage, not because they feel like voting. It makes it harder for games like EL that play fair.

214754[/snapback]

nope. but check out http://forum.mpogd.com/viewtopic.php?t=171 apparently it's allowed.

I agree that it shouldn't be, because then you're no longer rating the game on how good or popular it is(either of which is valid when looking for a new game), but on how much a dev will give you to do something for him(while someone who's happy to go and vote at many places if they get something for it may find this useful as a rating, it's not a valid judgement of a game)

iffn we don't like it, then we should tell MPOGD that. whether that's individually, collectively as a group of players(IMO, probably the best option), or asking the admin to do it, we should let MPOGD know that we want ratings based on quality/popularity(well, the rating is popularity, but to get and keep the population you need some quality) of the game

iffn anyone wants to tell them, you're welcome to copy'n'paste my arguements if you so desire, or link to my post, whatever. I don't think I should be the one to organise a message to them, though, since I'm a dev

Edited by ttlanhil

I say Entropy should give like 100 gc a day to people who vote. It's not much, it won't "ruin" the economy, but I bet it will still get people doing it.

It can't hurt him, it's not coming out of his pocket, right?

I say Entropy should give like 100 gc a day to people who vote. It's not much, it won't "ruin" the economy, but I bet it will still get people doing it.

It can't hurt him, it's not coming out of his pocket, right?

215591[/snapback]

*blinks*

100gc x 30days = 3000

3000 x what was it, needed 100 a day to win?.. so...

300k extra, per month, floating around that shouldn't naturally be there... is ok from an economic standpoint?

*snorts*

oh, and for those lazy people like myself, here's a trick(assuming your web browser comes built with enough cool. this works in recent firefox):

click the box with the list of games, type "ete", tap the down arrow key twice, and you have "Eternal Lands" selected! (note: the number of times you have to tap down key may vary when the list of games changes)

if, after typing "et" you are at the first entry starting with 't', then either your browser doesn't have cool enough searching, or you typed too slowly

215458[/snapback]

I was thinking more so clever, than lazy. :)

Don't know why I tried it, but I found that out too.

And I think I've mentioned somewhere before about my stubbornness...

Even if it is not very likely to get the top votes this month, I still like to get EL as high up as possible. :wacko:

And sure...let's do better in November too.

15 Eternal Lands 1 1.23%

Come on, we can do it!

(mwahahahahahahaha, I was the first to vote this month :P)

215770[/snapback]

4th..:D

yeah...C'MON!

TOP 100 RANKED GAMES IN THE GOTM POLL

Rank Game Name Count Percentage

1 Broken Metal 21 20.19%

2 The Universal 15 14.42%

3 Neveron 11 10.58%

4 Star-Fury 5 4.81%

5 Absolute III 4 3.85%

6 Eternal Lands 4 3.85%

7 Evernight 4 3.85%

i have a slight problem about voting, everything i click the vote button it comes up saying i have a;ready voted today, even if i haven't been on the sitefor like a week, the ip address it comes up is my ip address but i dont know whats going on, so im sorry guys but i cant vote :confused:

TOP 100 RANKED GAMES IN THE GOTM POLL

Rank Game Name Count Percentage

1 The Five Pillars 299 36.91%

2 Eternal Lands 56 6.91%

3 Neveron 50 6.17%

lmao :confused:

Piper