Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Need some feature implemented quick

Changed the square to disappear pie-wise, which makes it resemble a clock. I don't know if thats what you meant in your earlier post, Entropy, as I don't know Warcraft, maybe you can provide screenshots?

That's the way it looks now:

100.png092.png055.png019.png000.png

202781[/snapback]

Great, that's what I meant, piewise. Now I just hope the red tint won't be too iritating. We need to test a little.

Theres a problem with this: What if they are nonstackable items, ex. Potions? Once you use it does the item disapear but the box still is there?

202811[/snapback]

Of course not. The cooldown only is displayed when the slot is not empty, and it is removed whenever a new item is placed in an empty slot.

Great, that's what I meant, piewise. Now I just hope the red tint won't be too iritating. We need to test a little.

202816[/snapback]

Woot, I understood ya :D The color currently is RGBA(0.75,0.0,0.0,0.75), if it's too distracting we could change it to something less obtrusive. Edited by Lachesis

Personally I think it needs to be slightly more transparent so you don't see it so much.

On the other hand, it might be quite good to have it so noticeable to the eye - you get to know immediately when you can use another item?

Yes, I think we should make it a little less red and more grey. And maybe a loittle more transparent.

Today I will finish implementing the whole serverside part. Then we can update Sunday maybe.

A little pinkish, perhaps. I like the better transparency, though.

202878[/snapback]

Ditto, the transparency makes it much less intrusive, if you know what I mean :-D

I changed the implementation so that no updating is needed. When the cooldown is set, I use the supplied cooldown value to determine the time when it should reach zero and the supplied max cooldown value to determine how fast it shall drop. Both values are stored with the item; when it is to be rendered, the current cooldown is computed by (time left till reach zero) / (3000 ms * max cooldown). The result is clamped to range [0,1]. This should work in any case.

Edited by Lachesis

Umm, I know that perhaps you hate me now, but we have to make another modification: make the max cooldown and cur coldown values 16b rather than 8b, because the 3 seconds granularity sucks! So now we won't multiply it by 3.

Unless it's already done, I'll do that. And no need to fear hatred, it's a really tiny change.

P.S. Grum did it already. Six lines modified, three added. Oh well :P

Edited by Lachesis

We'll have to compare the red/pink tint to all the different icons that need it. Some icons may not work well with the red/pink tint.

BTW:Excellent work, this has TONS of uses.

what about using blue instead of red? I think it'd look"cooler" :inquisitive:

206741[/snapback]

:lol: But seriously, any color is doable, we just need the numbers.

What color scheme is: RGBA(0.625,0.25,0.25,0.5)?

Did you take Red 255 x 0.625 to get Red 159.3 ~ 159 ?

RBG has values between 0 and 255 for each color (Red, Blue, Green)

CMYK uses %-values for Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and blacK

Edited by Derin

RGBA is Red, Green, Blue, Alpha, and the values correspond to percentages of the the three colors Red, Green, Blue, and transparency Alpha. There's no need to multiply by 255, as the OpenGL function glColor4f will happily do that for you if necessary.

Ok, toyed around with it in Photoshop. Here is a blue example:

items1_040.pngitems1_04.png

I recalculated the values to: RBGA(0.14,0.35,0.82,0.5)

A little pinkish, perhaps. I like the better transparency, though.

202878[/snapback]

pink is 1337 :P

btw so it takes longer then 1 sec before an item can be re-used?

if it does then can the potions just take 1 sec to re-use?

cause in pk'ing you need to use ur potions fast else you run out of mana to heal urself and u die ;/

(so basicly lower lvl'ed players won't stand a chance in pk at all then)

Well, if someone creates the optional themeing of the client, that color could of course be changed in the theme configuration files :P