Eternal Lands Official Forums
Benvolio

Infinate Slots in Storage?

I don't really understand WHY there is a limit as to how many things we can put in storage. I counted up all the items, not including books, and there are a little over 200. So since we have 200 slots, what is the point of having a limited amount of slots? If there is a reason, maybe make it possible to upgrade your amount of slots? Like for another 30k or something you can have 300 slots?

It's actual items.

And looking the storage NPCs... they don't have bags or anything.. must be hard for them holding all that stuff as it is. :icon13:

200 storage slots are plenty. If you can't limit your items to 200 :icon13: then you will have to learn to prioritize.

The Association of Warehouses have decided upon a capacity limit and they hold a rigid monopoly over the storages.

The Association of Warehouses have decided upon a capacity limit and they hold a rigid monopoly over the storages.

200131[/snapback]

:icon13:

In other words - server's drives aren't unlimited, so... storage space can't be neither.

Errr... People used to have 50, then 100, now 200 and they won't get any more. No computer has unlimited capacity, so 200 slots is really the max of what we're willing to give you.

Imo 200 is already too much - players should be supposed to actually visit the ressources locations before being able to make something. Mass production is nothing we want to support even more than we already do. That's why food e.g. will never become storeable.

The actual objection pointed out was that since the total types of items currently in the game is just a little over 200, why not just make storage slots = total types of items in the game currently, instead of 200?

Of course, the thing is that more items will eventually be added, which should put the types of items comfortably around 300-400 or so, so then the problem of space applies, and the counterarguments above are used.

The server does not have unlimited space, how hard is that to understand? Like someone pointed out, there used to be only 50 storage slots, then 100, now 200, which I have everything I need in storage and barely have a few over 100 slots used.

I have at least 1 of every weapon and armor and countless other things and can't fill mine up, so

Basically what 200 slots means is that when I finish a push on something (like making a bunch of FEs) I don't have to throw away the few left-over flowers because everything didn't come out even. When we were at 100, I was very careful to either collect exact numbers (so everything was even) or throw away the leftovers. I also tended to sell off lesser weapons and armor (like from skell drops) to free up those spaces. Now I can just save it up until I get enough to run a newbie contest or something.

200 is more than I seem to need, but 100 forced me to be more careful about what I saved and to dump more stuff (like weapons) to NPCs to recover space.

I really don't see a problem with it now, imho. It certainly doesn't need to be increased, and it doesn't need to be decreased, either.

Edited by Dunian

i don't see a point in increasing it further....

i mean i got about all rare books ingame in my storage, got about all sorts of armor, all sorts of weapons, and most clothes.. and i got 141 of my slots used... so i don't think we need more

Imo 200 is already too much - players should be supposed to actually visit the ressources locations before being able to make something. Mass production is nothing we want to support even more than we already do. That's why food e.g. will never become storeable.

200410[/snapback]

Silly that you would want to limit people for working harder and smarter... why not let them mass produce? what so wrong with people wanting to make 10,000 potions? One way or another they will, even if it means having to make 1k of someting, selling it, and making another 1k of it.

I understand why it is limited, I don't understand the anti-social attitudes.

Edited by ph3r3

Silly that you would want to limit people for working harder and smarter... why not let them mass produce? what so wrong with people wanting to make 10,000 potions? One way or another they will, even if it means having to make 1k of someting, selling it, and making another 1k of it.

200970[/snapback]

:goofy:

You absolutely miss the clue here :D . There are 200 slots, in each slot you can have 256^4 -1 items (4294967295 !!), so your 10k potions is less then 3e-4% of it.

The limitation we are talking about here is about different type of items! Please read carefully what is written above, it's said there clearly what is this about.

Edited by vanyel

200970[/snapback]

you will when you try to sell stuff on channel 3. there is a huge amount of stuff produced to gain XP, then people try to sell to recover costs (and just get costs, so the prices are terrible)

woring harder is the idea. working smarter? well... click click empty storage repeat is hardly smarter (smart processing is taking some stuff with you to the final resource)

and as fo making 10k in lots of 1k... I don't think you get it. each slot in inventory hold a huge amount... when it was 100, if you didn't want to keep all the books you found, old flowers(as in having a dozen slots with maybe a hundred, not having 3 slots with 1k) you didn't have much of a problem

I know this is an old/ancient topic..... but do ppl still feel the same?

I did some quick checking, am sure I missed a few items!

260 different books

194 Items that can be made/manued

63 harvestable items

35 buyable only items maybe more

552 items, and I'm sure I missed a few things

this does not include the recent engineering skill manuable items

It's just a question, plz don't get bent out of shape!

Edited by Ice

I know this is an old/ancient topic..... but do ppl still feel the same?

I did some quick checking, am sure I missed a few items!

260 different books

194 Items that can be made/manued

63 harvestable items

35 buyable only items maybe more

552 items, and I'm sure I missed a few things

this does not include the recent engineering skill manuable items

It's just a question, plz don't get bent out of shape!

It's called strategy .... you have to decide what you want to store and what you don't!

I agree Learner - we shouldn't have unlimited slots and you should use some strategy however at one point in time it was felt it was ok to have 200 slots for a time when there was maybe 300 items in game, as we are now hitting 600 in game then a rise in sto slots even if small is justified...

Rising in the same proportion as say 200 slots for 300 items means we should have 400 slots for 600 items but you know what I DO think that is too much.

But another 50 or 100 wouldn't hurt :devlish:

EDIT : EL-CEL currently lists 657 unique items in game - not including any of the new ones coming in update - perhaps another 40(ish) or so with all the books, items etc for engineering??

700 items

Edited by neildog

Dont know how many bags people are dropping at storage because they want to make free some slots. But doesnot that take server time, so slower the game down? I do that all the time with left over flowers and woodbranches. It now appears woodbranches are going to be used?

Strategy is fine, but the huge amount of new items lately it is not sure when ever u can use some items or not. For example those new summon stone, corns (12x), tomato, carrots, cabbage, new books to be read (i want to buy all the new engineering books but alas ), old books to give away. I am happy this game is developing with more items to choose and to use, but I have choosen to be a crafter, summoner and fighter and have given up potion and manu because u cant store those items all. Thats an limitation for a generalist like me allready. Now i have force myself to drop some of my skills because of engineering?

A crafter use or make:

6 c1 rings

16 c2 rings

5 combat rings

2 crowns.

7 medallion

8 plain jewelry

5 tools

10 essences (magic, energy, earth, water, fire, efe, eme, ele, ewe, death)

8 minerals (blue quartz, quartz, diamond, sapph, emerald, ruby, coal, sulfur)

4 ore (seridium, gold silver, cabbage)

5 metal bar (gold, silver, seridium, hydro, wolfram)

7 misc (gold coin, pickaxe, gloves, vial, harvest cape, binding stone and thread)

11 flowers (cotton, red rose, red snap, blue lippins, blue star, lilacs, impatient, swampcandle, fruit, vegies, Toadstool)

2 potions (feasting, crafting)

Total 95 slots only for crafter.

And didnt speak about health ess u need or items to make death ess, wolfram bar, hydro bar or the books u have to read or things u have to collect for crafting god.

Does it slows the server down if we use more slots? If so we have to balance with those throw-away bags that people left behind at storages.

Edited by bep

I ressurected this thread, not because I want infinate storage, but because it's a thread about storage space. Yes I like using strategy in the game.... Organizing storage based on projects and skills is a pain, and many high price items, I save up for a big push, or at least to make multiple items instead of 1-2 at a time. As the game improves, with each new update, some items you have stored, might have little use at the time and could be very important later. I have given alot of stuff away because limited space, just to find out a week later that I needed it. I really just wanted to see if other felt the same way I did about this topic!

I agree with Learner, 200 is too many IMO. If you have THAT much stuff, use hyp bags. Thats costs what, about 400 a week to maintain?

200 is really much

I played a half year ago runescape, and they have i thought just only 30 slots (i hate runescape now :icon13:)

And sure, we can charge a monthly fee to have more :P

I'd love to be able to setup a grid-like poll. One axis being your primary skill (generalist would be one of the choices) and the other axis how many slots you have full (on average). I bet there'd be a correlation in there.

I also agree that 200 slots is getting a bit small with all the unique new items that have been added in the last year or more (since the upgrade to 200). Three complete sets of new armor (with a forth coming soon), 10 or so new weapons (with more coming), plus all the other new stuff people have mentioned (stones, harvestables, etc, etc). You don't have to keep very many of those types of things (stuff you can't easily replace like you can a few flowers or some ore) to fill up your storage.

Personally, I do have some free space, but my average number of slots used has been slowly climbing over the months. And I'm very aggressive about cleaning out stuff I don't need/use or mixing raw materials to recover slots.