Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

More skills?

just thought of another combat related skill - flee skill. the higher it is the better the chance to successfully flee from a fight

Lol...

Okay! well, here goes my whole shananagan thinger whippershannper thing-a-ma-bob.

First lets look at Magic sub sections

Magic

-Magic Attack

--Fire

--Water

--Air

--Earth

-Magic Defense

--Fire

--Water

--Air

--earth

-Library reasearch(The higher this skill the higher Power, Accuracy, Spell sucess rate, and More COMPLEX spells you can cast.)

Next i want to put some skills out there ^^

-Tailoring

--Leather working(Just 1 deer fur and a fire essence will do.)

--Cloth working(Would need a loom and thread for this ^^)

-Brewing

--Wine

--Ale

--Whatever the other one is

--Dyes(Would be used to make colored cloth for the tailors)

Now an INDEPT explaination:

Tailoring:

For leather, a deer skin would be left out in the sun to make leather, as we have bags that we set out, well have to improvise. A Fire Essence and a deer skin would create heat to suck the moisture out of the Skin. Thus making DRY leather. Leather works would be as follows:

Armour

-Gloves

-Boots

-Hats

-Pants

-Torso

For Cloth, different types of dyes will have to be used to make different colored cloths. These for instance could be used to make Cloaks. EG: 5 Emerald, 10 fire essence, and wine, and some way to store the dye(Bottle?). First color you can make with thread will be Grey. If you mix grey thread with a fire essence and a couple diamonds, it will turn White. From there, depending on your dyeing skill, you can make different colors. Emeralds for green, Rubies for red, Sapphires for blue(Just a suggestion, flowers work also.)

This would include:

Cloths:

-Shirts

-pants

-hats

--Mages hats

--Cleric hats

--Ect.

-capes

--(non magical or magical? looks or use? no-effect capes would be cool just for the look ^^)

Just me two cents on the matter.

-Blacksmithing (only metal items)

-Crafting (wood/leather/bone item manufacturing)

-Jewelry

199454[/snapback]

Hold up.

So the manufacturing skill will be turned to blacksmithing, and no more leather/clothes stuff.

Crafting will now be able to be raised with wood, leather, bone items, clothes(?), and NOT jewelry.

Jewelry will be a new skill to do what crafting does now, but everyone will have 0 in it?

I like that, but.. doesn't really make sense that crafters who do it BECAUSE OF the jewelry will basically start over because they'll move to jewelry.

Hold up.

So the manufacturing skill will be turned to blacksmithing, and no more leather/clothes stuff.

Crafting will now be able to be raised with wood, leather, bone items, clothes(?), and NOT jewelry.

Jewelry will be a new skill to do what crafting does now, but everyone will have 0 in it?

I like that, but.. doesn't really make sense that crafters who do it BECAUSE OF the jewelry will basically start over because they'll move to jewelry.

207120[/snapback]

Uh, you CAN rename skill fields as easily/easier than making an existing field do something else, I assume... :D

207120[/snapback]

when did i ever say that?

Oh well then will the level from crafting be just transfered into jewelry? So if they had 20 crafting, after this skills change, they'd keep 20 crafting but get 20 jewelry too?

what about be able to recycle?

-use leather stuf to make leather (less than needed to make the item)

-metal weapons to make iron, steal or tit bars (using fe and maybe we)

-metal armors to make iron, steal or tit bars and maybe some leather (using fe and maybe we)

with a lot of luck repair the items maybe or a different skills to be able repair items

-ring to recycle stones or bars

can be nice and maybe less trade with npc to win money and have more money come in comunity than go out...

Explosives

Fire Grenade (Bomb)?

-10 fire ess, 20 bones powder, 5 sulfur, 1 sac

-Does 3 damage when used in combat

-Required Explosive Level = 1

-Explosives experience given = 5

Water Grenade

-10 water ess, 25 bones powder, 8 sulfur, 1 sac

-Does 4 damage when used in combat

-Required Explosive Level = 2

-Explosives experience given = 8

And so on, one for each of the essences. The higher the recommended level to make each essence, the more ingredients it takes, the higher required level, the more experience given, and the more damage it does.

The "sacs" are just a little bag that you can buy at general store for 5-10 gc.

When using in combat, you must have 1 fire ess in inventory. (To light it)

*You also gain 5 exp while using them in combat. (For any one)

EDIT: More powerful versions of the ones that have essences that can be enriched. Fire, magic, water... Can be made at levels 40+.

Edited by MindFreak

I read through it, but forgive me if this is already mentioned, but how about some kind of mana conservation skill or whatnot? You cast and it takes your skill in it into account on a roll to maybe reduce the amount of mana used?

Traps:

*you would put bait on a tree.

*and on the tree you would put a certain trap to attract certain monsters/animals

*the higher lvl you get, the more damage it causes and can make traps that attract stronger monsters/animals.

*in pking areas, you would lay traps on the ground for damaging or crippling the opponents who stumble on them.

this would make hunting easier, and more interesting. :P

Lots of good ideas. It looks to me that there is a group of people that would like a:

rogue/assassin/theif/sneak/hide/stab/flee unoffical class. :hiya:

So far the skills I have liked that fit into this category are the following:

Traps

Sneak/Hide

Weapons proficiency (Daggers/Swords/Staves/Etc)

Heres hoping!

Lots of good ideas. It looks to me that there is a group of people that would like a:

rogue/assassin/theif/sneak/hide/stab/flee unoffical class.  :evilgrin:

Yet the biggest moan on the forums seems to be about bagjumpers... ironic.

Anyway my suggestions.

1. Entertainer. You learn how to juggle etc. by reading books and by gaining exp. You gain exp by performing for people. The people pay you a fee for your performance. In return their Ethereal Points are restored.

2. Broker. You broker deals between players. Example. Player A has 10,000 FE to sell but doesn't trust Player B who wants to buy them. Player C acts as a broker to mind the money/goods bag while the transfer takes place. He automatically gets a percentage of the fee. This also brings up the wider issue of trust. Maybe as well as seeing peoples health bars you could also see a trust % for each player. The trust system could work automatically - i.e. it would depend on each trade being successful or perhaps a ratings system alá eBay?

There is nothing to stop anyone doing the broker thing right now - in fact I've thought about offering it but I don't play regularly enough - but a more formal skill based on trust gained might be better.

1. Entertainer. You learn how to juggle etc. by reading books and by gaining exp. You gain exp by performing for people. The people pay you a fee for your performance. In return their Ethereal Points are restored.

I love it! I do not think it will be implemented. But I LOVE IT! Storyteller would fit in just right.

it would be great to have something like an entertainer or storyteller that contributes to a social skill.

even if it is not implemeted as a skill it would be nice to have more animations includeing some dance moves and other usless moves as having a bot that turns, sits and stands up is not as interesting as a full animation.

considering that roja has said she wants instruments added to the game, I think the entertiner type thing actually will happen (eventually. as in, see the "to do when there's time spare" list)

On rogue/thief abilities...

Yet the biggest moan on the forums seems to be about bagjumpers... ironic.

If rogue/thief abilities were added, some sort of crime and punishment system would have to be implemented along with it (and it isn't sufficient to just make characters' PK'able, since some would consider this a benifit!). Such a system could also cover bagjumpers and petty harassment -- I have outlined one such system before.

How about wood cutting? The higher your level the more different trees you can chop down. New trees will need to be introduced. The better quality the tree the better things you can make of it.

For example with better quality wood you can manufactore better quaterstuffs. Also allow people to make wooden shields and stuff...

I've mentioned salt mining in another thread so apologies for repeating myself.

Salt Mining: Salt can be used as a presevative for meat. Meat could be stored for a period of time then. Also could be used in new magic spells.

Silk: Mulberry bushes could have silk worms. Silk could be manufactured. Silk in turn could be turned into clothes, flags, etc... and sold to the general stores.

Spices: Various herbs and plants could be introduced. You would need a spice mill to make the spices. They could be sold, or added to cooked meat to make it better or used in potions.

Bee keeping/gathering honey: Seeing as those damn bees seem to cause havoc lets at least have the ability to get some honey from their hives. Obviously the bees would sting but you could have beekeepers clothing which could be bought/manufactured. Honey could be sold, eaten, added to meat or used in potions. It could be stored because as we all know it never goes off.

This covers some idea's mentionent and some of me own:

Nature Skill

- Stealth Skill (range that monsters can attack u from is decreased when u level up, so with very high level u would have to stand in front of um to get attacked)

- Trap Skill (abilaty to set traps, to harm or temperarely freeze a target, also skill to detect and disarm traps)

- Meditation Skill (ability to different meditations, learned from books, that restore health and mana faster, also to call animals closer, charm them to follow as summoned as mentioned...but only animals no monsters.

* EDIT:

Meditation cant be used while doing other skills...using a skill will break the meditative state.

Edited by Whisky

I had a quick scan and here are my thoughts...

people mention a lot of bartering/haggling/negotiating/animal taming etc.

Isn't it about time that the unused cross-attributes of Charm (and Perception) being used? If this skill was to be implemented, I would like to see modifiers add + to the skill depending on Charm.

tracking/stealth/traps. Again the unused Perception can be used here to increase its' bonus.

Though I'm sure that this post will be met with 99% rejection, since most people haven't got past 4 in both.

But I'm sure you agree that its been forever that both stats have no use. I'm not saying totally dependant on it, just affected slightly.

What goodies do the bigheads have for Charm/Perception in the future?

A new spell - Teleport Behind (Enemy) [Doesn't let them attack for 3 turns]

I got this idea from a console RPG called champions. I love it. You just cast it, you go behind them and attack a few times, before they turn around.

It's better in that game, because it's not "I hit, you hit, I hit, you hit" but still would be cool on EL.

I make a lot of Earth essences, but they aren't used for anything.

Maybe we should have seeds (and a shovel)for sale at the general store.

Go to a field (like the veggie field, but empty) plant the seed and use earth essence for planting. Then use water essence for growing.

When the plant is grown (a few minutes later) you can harvest it !!

What do you think ??