Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

More multicombat maps?

Do you want more multicombat maps?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want more multicombat maps?

• Keep them as they are now
    • Make only a few more (please list which ones & why below)
    • Make them ALL multicombat

Drops = Last hit Or most damage (I like last hit)

If we had an option to allow players to help you kill or not allow them would that do it? (Read my post on first page)

Make them ALL multicombat. Don't see why its not like that anyway.

Althought, im sure the hardcore PK'ers will have something to say :-)

199422[/snapback]

I'm a hardcore PKer and I say: make them ALL multi! :)

Drops = Last hit Or most damage (I like last hit)

If we had an option to allow players to help you kill or not allow them would that do it? (Read my post on first page)

199740[/snapback]

I don't think having a toggle option would work, I mean, it's possible (but not probable) that a player can attract more than one mob at once, and then 'toggle' that on - kinda denies others in the area a chance at a fight. Yes it's minimal, and only until they respawn, but people can get very good at positioning themselves around spawns for maximum advantages like that.

I'd prefer damage over last hit; once again, ks'ing cited as reasoning enough. Also though, if we're going for damage over hit, can summons please count for damage? I'm sick of hunting with summons only to have some yutz come along and grab the bag from the fresh kill before I can click around my critter (can never be too careful around summons >.> )

I think you misunderstand the toggle. Multiple creatures/players will still be able to attack YOU. But no one will "help" you kill the monster you are attacking. This way when people want to train on a creature alone they can toggle that option to "Alone" Or "Let others help" Default being what it is now, "Let others help"

I understand the damage thing and am with you. And with the summons, they should factor into the damage. Excellent!

My main reason for originally picking last hit is because when you are in a group, the stronger player will always get the most damage, but will not get every last hit. So the weaker will get some drops. This is another topic though :P

Edited by Brom

I think you misunderstand the toggle.  Multiple creatures/players will still be able to attack YOU. But no one will "help" you kill the monster you are attacking. This way when people want to train on a creature alone they can toggle that option to "Alone" Or "Let others help" Default being what it is now, "Let others help"

199755[/snapback]

That's the problem - ok, say some high lvl dude who trains on cyclops doesn't have adiquate defence or monster mag, they're all hostile to him. So, he attacks mob one, another mob wanders in range and attacks him too, and he toggles so he alone can take out all the monsters. Assuming he can kill both... The problem's only temporary, one will respawn back away from him, but as I said, people can get very good about positioning themselves...

Edit: *coughs* the thing about drops - party system, equal chance for any of the party members to grab the bag, denies DSing, and most damage could be used for non party battles... just a thought :P

Edited by Phenic

The toggle does not really affect if multiple mobs attack that single player. I see how it could. but Humm. that is the real problem with Multicomat on all maps. multiples of large monsters comming after one player...I think its just a side-effect though.

I don't think any of the monster maps should be multi, because it's very common for somebody to kill the monster on which you are training just to annoy you. I think that if there were not so many maps like that, you could cut down on the amount of complaining you have to shovel through.

If you make anything else multi-combat, then I'd suggest making it on maps that have lower-leveled monsters and a lot of them, like places with goblins and gargoyles, and some of the rooms in Carmien manor with the trolls, as well as the attack temple (though I don't wish to get multied by two orcs).

There's really too much complaining about spawn serping, and being able to do that mid-fight would just add more to it.

I voted all, although i think IP should be an exception.

I think all maps should be pk and all should be multi-combat, except IP where "some smoothening force decreases fighters agressivity" (that would be for the explanation of the exception).

Now why all pk and multi ? for realism. BUT I think our current non-pk map would then benefit from some sort of militia : groups of 5 high level NPCs (sorts of fighting bots) that would track down and kill or send to prison anyone starting a fight in those areas.

This could also lead to a "wanted" list, with rewards for pking pkers.

Prison would be a place where you have to spend x in-game hours, without being able to mix ingredients or teleport, only able to read for example.

I'm not a fighter and I would really be pissed off if attacked each time I have gathered some money or ingredients ... but at least that would entice me to be part of a group ... and not leave as a lonely person.