Eternal Lands Official Forums
mihaim

BogusDude locked for macroing.

WHAT???????THE >>>>

I feel outraged at even being accused of it, just because i failed to see a couple of pm's.

I was sat at Ildoran storage, barely been there long enough to make 50 LE when i suddenly notice loads of pm's flying at me. I was frantically trying to type a response when i got booted. On arriving at storage i noted 3 or 4 people sat about, they were chatting away in a foreign language so i obviously wasn't taking any notice of the chat. Busy doing my mixing, with mix screens up, and passively watching tv on at the side of me. All my guildmates were tucked up in bed and as i generally keep myself to myself and not a big fan of too much chat while i'm trying to mix wasn't expecting pm's. I've also been online for like 24 hours straight so you can appreciate i'm a little tired too. I'm really really peeved cos i've done a heck of alot of work these last few days levelling and exploring the new cont and checking for bugs.

Please can i have my char back on as soon as possible. I'm guilty of missing a couple of pm's only, join the queue of people who i've unintentionally missed mail from.

From chat log:

reedka: co sie krecish?

Creedka: hmmmmm....

Creedka: nie wiem:/

Creedka: ale trzeba znalezc:)

UlRiH: Owocow tu jeszcze nie widzialem :P

Creedka: moze tam kolo tej kukurydzy?

UlRiH: no w sumie blisko

UlRiH: Hi.

BogusDude: hi

[PM from Rogue: heyas]

Rogue: afk checking

Rogue: bogusdude.... asnwer me

Rogue: answer me now ....

[PM from Ghrae: hello]

[PM from Derin: Hi, please reply]

Zap! You were sent to Rogue!

[PM from Ember: hello?]

Rogue: still doing it

Rogue: locking

[PM from Aislinn: hey, got a second?]

You were booted by Rogue!

Vertex Arrays enabled (memory hog on!)...

Point Particles disabled.

Window size adjusted to 780x550

ssjGohan: don't worry CG

ssjGohan: u'll learn as you grow up :-P

cHIckengeorge: i'm not worried

ssjGohan: you should be

cHIckengeorge: well i'm not

ssjGohan: lol

[PM from Ember: you where auto mixing/eating]

[PM to Ember: no]

[PM to Ember: i don't have any extra software of any kind???]

[PM from Ember: One second]

ssjGohan: ?

Legolas_III: what all would i have to do to join a guild

Legolas_III: can u tell me

[PM to Ember: i was sat at storage??]

[PM from Ember: One second]

One Unhappy Dude :D

EDIT: the bit where me and Ulrih say hi was outside tavern. I then went to general store to replace the thread i'd just used and went back to storage and carried on.

Edited by BogusDude

well an edited chatlog is basically useless, and Rogue saying

was several minutes before we locked you, you had all the time in the world to reply, yet you didn't, not even after geting teleported, and you were all the time continuing to eat/make stuff...you really have to come up with a better excuse.

And this little stretch of time was logged in the server as being 1 min 15 sec

Zap! You were sent to Rogue!

[PM from Ember: hello?]

[PM from Aislinn: hey, got a second?]

You were booted by Rogue!

Not to mention the rest of the time before that, and Rogue monitored that even after you were moved you continued to work, not even stopping to try to respond.

I haven't edited the log at all thats how it saved, i did notice some missing. Sorry if i wasn't looking, like i say i'm very tired. Maybe i was a little afk from screen looking at tv. AFK-ish is not macroing. Why not use some anti-cheat software. What if i'd gone to toilet, to make a coffee, nipped to the shop for some milk??? I simply missed some pm's and was not, have never, would not even enter my head to use such a programme.

I haven't edited the log at all thats how it saved, i did notice some missing. Sorry if i wasn't looking, like i say i'm very tired. Maybe i was a little afk from screen looking at tv. AFK-ish is not macroing. Why not use some anti-cheat software. What if i'd gone to toilet, to make a coffee, nipped to the shop for some milk??? I simply missed some pm's and was not, have never, would not even enter my head to use such a programme.

199182[/snapback]

If you had been AFK to the toilet, you wouldn't have been doing things on your character . Mods do have monitoring if you doing something or nothing when they look at you closely.

Like i said i was watching tv. I only need to look at 2 things mix and my food then top up. I'd only got chance to make 50LE, but still, LE is slow.

The fact that i immediately jumped back on with a guild char shows i wasn't afk!!

There was also almost 5 minutes between getting kicked out of the game and the login of the second character. Must have been some interesting TV show!

I'd like to know how somebody can click mix, and click on the food to eat, then move the cursor back to the mix button again, all without looking at the screen and watching tv.

You would notice.. they're transparent.

199185[/snapback]

not always true....i have not noticed being surrounded by a bunch of peope due to having all the windows up...and i do the same watch tv and play and miss alot too..so umm....is a little ify to say off that he was macroing...(just my 2 cents, if you feel the need delete it...whatever ;) )

Easy leave mouse button over mix and click every few seconds then click on food. You try staying up playing for as long as i do. I was winding down finishing with a few bits before going to bed, i should be there now ;)

I don't care what anyone says I HAVE NO MACRO PROGRAMMES. Irrespective of what anyone says. I WAS NOT cheating!!!!!

And although i understand where you're coming from i am really peeved at being accused :-(

I'd like to know how somebody can click mix, and click on the food to eat, then move the cursor back to the mix button again, all without looking at the screen and watching tv.

199192[/snapback]

i do it...just dont move the mouse and use the ctrl + 1-6 .....works well :smartass:

Sod it. maybe its cos i'm tired and can't sleep cos my heads mashed with rage. But if i'm banned i'm quitting. I don't play a minimum of 5 hours+ every day for this. I've worked for every single exp point of my level 79. I've never had a bad word to say against EL before now and was looking forward to all the new things. But i got principles and i'm a stubborn get and i'm not having any of it taken away from me ;)

Not to take sides, but I do something similar to GreenGanjaKing. I know that magic ess takes 10 food. So I position my cursor over mix, click four times (while noticing the progress out of the corner of my eye), CTRL-1 three times to eat a couple veggies, then repeat. I do this while watching the simpsons or other things. Sure it wastes a little food, but then I can think about other things in the meantime.

How long does this ban last. I want to change my passwords before i give my characters away.

199353[/snapback]

I would imagine that as soon as Rogue (mihaim) comes online, he will go over what you have said, compare it to the server logs of your actions and what he saw last night, and if your story adds up, he will unlock you. If your story doesn't add up, he won't.

Please allow for the fact that we all have different time zones and some people go to work.

Also on a side note, if you are found to have macro'd (and I am NOT implying I think one way or another, this is only for information to you), I highly doubt this character would be unlocked for you to give away.

<cut> ...PLEASE MODS BE MORE CAREFULL THIS IS A DISGRACE ............... im starting to think some mods really have it in for us, for reasons uknown to me, ...<cut>

P.S to all my friends in el consider this goodbye from weaselturd and looter, i cant play in a game where this can be allowed to happen, a few unoticed pm,s is no way to prove someone is cheating and is well out of order

199359[/snapback]

We are being careful. We aren't doing anything until we look at all the facts, including the server logs. Do you know what the punishment for macroing is? Removing half of the affected levels. We aren't doing that, we have only locked the character while we research all the information we have. We are not basing this only on a few missed pm's. Get over that misconception right now.

As to mods having it in for you...had it been somebody else, not your personal friend, and there were reasons to believe it could be a macroer and we just let it go...you would be mad at that too. Mods can't win, somebody is always somebody's friend...somebody is always angry at us. *shrugs*

Yeah, I met Bogusdude that day outside the tavern in Idaloran, and he answered to my "hi". In case you would like to know...

If this is still up for discussion why are peoples post being deleted who are trying to help defend my character. I'm really starting to wander why i dedicate half my life to gaming. Anyone who has worked closely with our guild knows how hard I/we work.

If this is still up for discussion why are peoples post being deleted who are trying to help defend my character. I'm really starting to wander why i dedicate half my life to gaming. Anyone who has worked closely with our guild knows how hard I/we work.

199382[/snapback]

Because of the rules in the Bans forum?:

Posting in Bans:

1. Bans is to be used for the moderator who did the banning and for the person banned ONLY to post on their own behalf.

2. An exception will be made IF a third party has relevant information/proof.

3. All other posts by uninvolved third parties will be removed.

Please only make ONE post here if you were banned. Multiple posts will be deleted and decrease the chance of you getting unbanned!

All Eternal Lands forum rules still apply.

The above is at the top while browsing the Bans forum, as well as a link to the Rules at the top of the forum header (http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13949 - if you have trouble).

So perhaps you should also dedicate some time to reading whats in front of you?

I want to add some informations ...

While I was making srs some nights ago, someone of my guild pm'ed my, like 10-12 times for about 5 minutes ... I was looking at the screen but there was a nice off topic chat in the storage so I didn't look at the messages ...

I don't say he's innocent, but I think you sure have to think about this :P

Me missing pm's is not a rare occurence, as many of my close friends will testify. Its not deliberate or ignorance. I'm just constantly busy and with RL things going off in the background and have the tv on 90% of the time i play. I'd also missed Raisa's goodnight pm shortly before the event and her buddy log off. But i do usually try to back track and respond even if a little late when i do miss stuff, even if it's a noob or stranger to me.