Eternal Lands Official Forums
Rizla

Avoiding Monsters while harvesting

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what level of defense is needed to avoid being attacked by monsters while harvesting? I have asked several players in game and also searched the forum but i have not found and answers yet.

Im only looking to find out what defense is needed for the highest level monster that could attack me while mining. If it is possible to mine certain quantities in a safe place i.e. with no monsters then dont bother telling me. For example dont tell me i need 120 defense to avoid Shivar while harvesting in KF :wub:.

Well, in theory, you'll need something like 120 defense (not sure of the exact formula) to avoid chimerans. But for minor guys like goblins, then only like 40 defense should suffice for the entire range of lower level monsters.

Ok im still unsure but ill have a look at that site later and try and work it out for myself.

Thanks for your help :P

Edited by Rizla

For most anything you can mine - that you need to go to monster filled areas to get - 30 defense is good enough. Only thing that you aren't safe to get at level 30 (that isn't readily available in a safer spot) is the emeralds in Naralik Catecombs.

Having a defense skill of 21+ would be sufficient in most cases. Given the current mining possibilities that is. Things might change in the future :D

Edited by Derin

Just curious what the auto attack levels are for the higher level mobsters - planning on resetting in a couple of months to get rid of the MM perk and a couple of poor nexus choices so I'm curious as to what a/d level will see me safe mining rubys in Vermor Castle for instance?

Heres the lower list as I know it

All Goblins (Armed and Unarmed) 21 defence

Skelatons 26 Defense

Gargoyles (All) 26 Defense

Orcs: I beleive it is 52 Defense, it might be 52 though.

EDIT: Fixed according to what Ais said

Edited by Benvolio

Dont forget the diamonds in vermor castle in the hidden room with a ogre :D

And the diamonds in CM with the fluf/ogre/male orcs :D

In some cases you will just need a MM cloak.

What i think what's the best is train your a/d til like 50's and ten see what you wil do, you wil need some oa's lvls aswell to have a good carry load =)

For most anything you can mine - that you need to go to monster filled areas to get - 30 defense is good enough.  Only thing that you aren't safe to get at level 30 (that isn't readily available in a safer spot) is the emeralds in Naralik Catecombs.

198777[/snapback]

This is good to read! i already have a defense level of 30, thanks :D

Its not based on att/def only , also on phy and coord.

198862[/snapback]

phy & coord affects the fighting. The question is what def is good for monsters to ignore you.

no.. example : smooms did reset at like 115/118 a/d

and fluffy started to attack him again cuz of his low p/c

Heres the lower list as I know it

All Goblins (Armed and Unarmed) 21 defence

Skelatons 26 Defense

Gargoyles (All) 27 Defense

Orcs: I beleive it is 50 Defense, it might be 52 though.

198842[/snapback]

Goblins correct(21)

skellies correct(26)

gargs are 26 def

orcs are 52 def

anything past orcs are calculated by some a/d/p/c formula that I have no idea what it is.

Correct Everything else can be mined in a place with lower level monsters, except Emeralds, only to be found in the Naralik Catacombs

(A little offtopic, but now that there is a second continent, maybe we should add a second place?)

A note about getting emeralds in the Naralik Catacombs though: you only need a MM cloak to get there. Once you're in the "cellar", you can switch to an excavator's cloak with no problem. The important thing to remember is to put the MM cloak back on when you leave :P

Dont forget the diamonds in vermor castle in the hidden room with a ogre :D

And the diamonds in CM with the fluf/ogre/male orcs :P

198846[/snapback]

Better location for them is the Diamond Mine near Nordcarn entrance, Whitestone. Only have to fight off gargoyles (and not misclick on the bear :pickaxe_rune: ).

A note about getting emeralds in the Naralik Catacombs though: you only need a MM cloak to get there. Once you're in the "cellar", you can switch to an excavator's cloak with no problem. The important thing to remember is to put the MM cloak back on when you leave :)

198997[/snapback]

Yeah... I've actually run into problems there, and it was a kind soul who helped me out of that one... You WILL die if you can't fight and you have the wrong cape on...

Edited by Arnieman

A note about getting emeralds in the Naralik Catacombs though: you only need a MM cloak to get there. Once you're in the "cellar", you can switch to an excavator's cloak with no problem. The important thing to remember is to put the MM cloak back on when you leave :)

198997[/snapback]

I was lucky when i was mining emeralds the last time, i saw that i 4got 2 change the cloak when i was outside the catacombs (wore it when i walked in and changed it while harvesting), had a nervous laugh when i saw it lol

At that point if you're prone to forget, it's probably easiest to beam from there; go to VOTD storage to deposit the emeralds. Then go to Portland, take the Grubani Peninsula ship, and walk up to Naralik to start the process over again. Yes, I've thought about this too much. You should see my system for making HEs :)