Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Michic0_oL

Hardware Revolution... 2tb Ram/2tb Hd/6,8ghz

Wow. If they actually did it. Wow, HUGE jump in Technology and by an virtually unknown company. I should e-mail them and build them a webpage, because if this is true, they will be AMAZINGLY busy in the near future. Wow.

Rough summary for those who did not read it.

This company AtomChip claims to have built a computer with their own parts. Stats

6.8Ghz CPU (Of their own make Quantium Technology)

1TB (TeraByte) of RAM (Their own make)

2TB Storage space (Not hard-drive, RAM)

Ohh, to top it all off... yep its in a Notebook.

I am falling under the "Its too good to be true" Category. And the unprofessionalism of the website. A company that has the smarts to build Quantium Technology should be able to higher a decent web-developer. Another thing that is strange. In this page they also discribe how great the wireless feature is and voice capability...How does that fit in with such AMAZING advancements? Umm. Im thinking Fake.

Then again, if this is not fake, I am leaving my job as soon as I get one in this company. :)

Ohh, this is strange. ;P But That technology would not be plug-in-play with windose. So Im very doubtful.

Edited by Brom

Wow. If they actually did it. Wow, HUGE jump in Technology and by an virtually unknown company. I should e-mail them and build them a webpage, because if this is true, they will be AMAZINGLY busy in the near future. Wow.

Rough summary for those who did not read it.

This company AtomChip claims to have built a computer with their own parts. Stats

6.8Ghz CPU (Of their own make Quantium Technology)

1TB (TeraByte) of RAM (Their own make)

2TB Storage space (Not hard-drive, RAM)

Ohh, to top it all off... yep its in a Notebook.

I am falling under the "Its too good to be true" Category. Im thinking Fake.

Then again, if this is not fake, I am leaving my job as soon as I get one in this company.  :)

Ohh, this is strange. ;P But That technology would not be plug-in-play with windose. So Im very doubtful.

198576[/snapback]

yes, its what i thought also. i don't say its true but read this.

this and this and this

This isn't the first 'uber' hardware ever created. Tons of BADASS hardware like this has been created in the last 20 years. Most failed, due to POOR MARKETING.

So, even if the technology is superior, that doesn't mean shit at the end of the day.

edit :

(i really hope its true, i'd sound like an ass othewise xD)

Edited by Michic0_oL

Ive been googling for the last 2 hours :) Most people are critics against it because of this or that. Mainly the feel that most images were photoshoped or otherwise. :D (We will see) Do you think EL will be compatable? hehe.

Most people are critics against it because of this or that. Mainly the feel that most images were photoshoped or otherwise. :) (We will see) Do you think EL will be compatable? hehe.

198585[/snapback]

yes. i'm also afraid it might be a joke. i've been talking about this on a other forum. 2 groups both defending their opinion and both having good arguments. i can't tell who is right or wrong ^_^ anyway, I'm still waiting for some reactions about this. (maybe ent has something to say about this xD or someone who know pretty well physics and hardware.)

For the El version: if the screen is not tricked the comp can work under windows,just dont know if the graphic card works with the game :D.

Cmon ppl, react, i want to know your opinion about this.

(maybe i shall post later the counterpart of this.)

Greetings,

~Michi.

Edited by Michic0_oL

Hmm... after looking at the site and the photos, they're too grainy to be truly professional. The last one on the left looks like the logo of the chip had been poorly cut-and-paste into the picture. I can do better with MS Paint if I had the patience :P Until they sell their technology to professional companies (read: at least semi-competent companies which would answer to customer service with proper responses) who can then be responsible for any bugs or errors that may occur while using this technology, I'm not about to jump up and spend my money unless I'm prepared to lose it.

That's 100% BS

Quantum computers are not only far from being manufacturable, but:

1. They are not windows compatible. (in fact, they use a totally different paradigm, which makes them incompatible with all the existing applications).

2. They are pretty good at cracking some widely used encryption schemes, so the whole communication security would be compromised.

It's evidently a parody page.

I agree with entropy, and there is the simple fact that 6.8ghz procesor would require about..... 900 volts of power to run o_O (give or take a few dozen volts)

Edited by scarab2k

*ebul laughter echos through the forums*

systprop-x.jpg

muahhahah!!! Hax0red!!! *Posts on Haz0red.net forums*

Take that super computer owning biatches!!!

JaneMuffin

Twas a fit of jealousy! :(

I noticed they offered a version of that computer that could accept 4 Pentium M processors. I've got nothing against multiprocessor machines, but unless you've got software that can take advantage of them (such as finite element analysis, image rendering, or encryption cracking) they're not going to do you much good. Especially not in a laptop.

The idea of an instant-boot computer isn't new, either. Some of Tandy Computer's (Radio Shack's) early MS-DOS computers had DOS and basic applications in ROM so they were ready to use before the monitor warmed up. A laptop with a Flash file system (such as PDAs use now) would boot that fast, but I'm not sure a 2 terabyte Flash array is practical in a system that small.

I suspect somebody needed a press release to get some publicity, so they made up a "here's our next big thing" story. In a few months nobody will even bother asking them "whatever happened to..."

Dave

Guest Vayne

Well, it's not impossible. In fact, the AtomChip isn't even that good in comparison to what we already have available (IE Cell Chip...16 teraflops, ^_^). I think you need to take another look at their website, as ugly as it is. If you do, you'll see that it's not the proccesser that's important, it's the RAM and Digital Storage. Both of which are technically possible, and would work with any system since they've only changed the proccess. Again, if you look at the website in a little more detail, there are areas where they break apart their hardware and show what each peice is. They also have some technical specs up too.

Now, I'm not saying that it's not a hoax. I'm just saying that it is *technically* possible.

[Edit]

Forgot to mention that they have contracts with NASA and Echostar for Solar Memory.

Vayne

Edited by Vayne

Guest Vayne

All that I was pointing out was the fact that there is ample evidence that AtomChip is a real company. And as far as the images being photoshop creations, you'd have to be a really good artist to forge them. True, the images aren't the greatest in the world, but there are certain details in the images that are hard to forge.

Vayne

All that I was pointing out was the fact that there is ample evidence that AtomChip is a real company. And as far as the images being photoshop creations, you'd have to be a really good artist to forge them. True, the images aren't the greatest in the world, but there are certain details in the images that are hard to forge.

Vayne

199245[/snapback]

yes. anyway, this has to be followed :) i can't wait to be in 2006. i've looked at the link u gave. seems convincing but anyway, we just have to wait a bit.

i'm hopefull

M.

here....

i know, most of u will say these are tricked pick. i also agree the web site isn't well done. but before u say this is bullshit, make some searches.

~Michi.

198554[/snapback]

Look, hardware companies have already designed stuff which makes this look primitive like an abacus. They simply wait until they drain all the money from the pockets of stupid hype-brainwashed kids before launching those "new" technologies onto the market.

Do you really think a company noone has heard of (with a webpage like that?? - if they can produce chips like that, they have the money to employ decent web designers :-) ) could beat the likes of AMD and Intel? They have billions of $$ at their disposal for reasearch, yet they havent done this yet.

I think someone should take thins with a pinch of salt :-P

I think someone should take thins with a pinch of salt :-P

199461[/snapback]

uhuh, its what i'm doing but i just want to know what u guys think :brooding: i've read some interesting stuff about this on many forums.

This computer does seen possible to make, but a little fake at the same time, due to the corny site. I don't dought the computers exsitance though.

<EDIT> isn't there like a new opperating system, or hardware up-date every 2 months?

Edited by Gecko_Master