Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kendai

Funky colors in a cave

I'm hunting goblins in the Morcraven Marsh caves, and a very interesting thing happens...

messedupcolors12ol.png

I fight another goblin and this happens:

messedupcolors23je.png

Then another goblin fight...

messedupcolors36nb.png

And another:

messedupcolors40yt.png

Actually, I made an estimated guess on how I "made" it like this and it worked: I zoomed in to fight the goblin, and after I finished, I zoomed back out again. I didn't play around with the perspective or plane distance, just used the middle mouse button. Any clue why it happened though? lol wasn't sure where to put this, so I put it here. Maybe it's a lovely feature :blush:

Seeming as you posted a link about this today in Cal3d, is this still happening? And can anyone else confirm it?

Also a list of the video/advanced video options you have enabled would be good, fog for instance, a glinfo, And video card type, os type, And driver version may help too.

Game's done the same thing to me while hunting gargs in Tarsengaard - mentioned it to ttlanhil over #gm. Assuming from this post here that this isn't a "feature" like he said. :lol:

Edited by Arnieman

Game's done the same thing to me while hunting gargs in Tarsengaard - mentioned it to ttlanhil over #gm.  Assuming from this post here that this isn't a "feature" like he said. :lol:

202237[/snapback]

Can you include some of the details i asked for previously? lol

Which client are you using? I have recently fixed a bug that *might cause this (no certainties, since I don't have the problem myself). Does the problem tend to appear after opening the inventory window? And try to asnwer Zep's questions

**is suddenly overwhelmed by questions** Okay, okay, one at a time...

First off, I am using the official client. As far as I know, this is the only time it has happened, though I have not gone gob hunting since (seeing how I have very limited time, if at all, to dedicate to EL lately :D). As far as I know, I had the default video/advanced video options set. Fog was rendered (indeed, it was colored o.O). I will edit this post as soon as I can get on to my sister's computer and actually check the glinfo and videocard type. The OS is Windows XP.

As for when exactly the colors would emerge or change, it could be due to when I opened up the deathbag to collect the items (which means my inventory would open up automatically). I thought at the time it was due to my being zoomed-in at the moment of grabbing the bag and then zomming back out again, but I had zoomed in in the first place to avoid having to see the fog, so zooming in and out probably had little or nothing to do with the colors if the problem is bag-related.

Can you include some of the details i asked for previously? lol

202265[/snapback]

nVidia Geforce2 Mx/MX400 type - 64MB RAM, WinXP Pro SP2, driver ver. 7.7.7.7 (released July 20th, 2005).

Video Options on -

Full screen, Shadows, Fog, Reflections

Screen Size - 800x600x32

Advanced Video Options on -

Cloud Shadows, Point Particles, Vertex Array, Vertex Buffer Objects, Alpha Border, Floating Messages

Perspective 0.15, Near Plane 35.0, Gamma 1.0

100 percent Particle percentage

#glinfo -

Video card: GeForce2 MX/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!
Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Version: 1.5.4
Supported extensions: GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_paletted_texture GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shared_texture_palette GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_p GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_fence GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_pixel_data_range GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_multitexture GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SUN_slice_accum GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control 

Grum - I'm using Entropy's update for the 1.1.0 client, Windows platform (Link). This has also been happening for me since the release of 1.1.0.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. If this bug is what I think it is, it was fixed after the update was released, and should be fixed in the next update. If not... well at least we know have a set of configuration options that give this bug :bow_arrow:

Thanks. If this bug is what I think it is, it was fixed after the update was released, and should be fixed in the next update. If not... well at least we know have a set of configuration options that give this bug :bow_arrow:

202384[/snapback]

Well, for a bug, it's certainly neat looking... :bow_arrow: