Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
warmastermage

Help Please

I died in the portland pirate invasion and lost some valuable stuff.

Vials

Brs

Cuises

Vegatables

Book of Puma Fighting

If anyone has found this please return it to me. I beg you!!!!

I lost it in North West Portland Please help.

I died in the portland pirate invasion and lost some valuable stuff.

Vials

Brs

Cuises

Vegatables

Book of Puma Fighting

If anyone has found this please return it to me. I beg you!!!! 

I lost it in North West Portland Please help.

198036[/snapback]

This is no1's fault!

Mods warn before invasions! All fighters get ur weapons and defend and rest of u get on IP!

So this thread is useless

This is no1's fault!

Mods warn before invasions! All fighters get ur weapons and defend and rest of u get on IP!

So this thread is useless

198047[/snapback]

The Mods were VERY VERY vague about what monsters where attacking. THey just said "pirates" i have no ideas what they meant about that and when to inspect portland if they had announced that pirates were armed gobs then i would have beamed instantly to ip and sat there till it was all over. How was i supposed to know not to fight if they are not clear on what monsters are attacking? Nik0n= meanie :P

Not sure what the problem was. I have a/d of like 26/24. I put on my steel armor, shield, helm, and cuisses, snatched my tit short sword (that is the best I have), grabbed a load of HEs and went out expecting cyclopses. Managed to kill my very first Troll (barely). Don't whine about vaguery. Stay near the ship/buildings if you do not know what to expect. Duh!

BTW: I only got a lousy 4gc from the Troll.

Edited by Drakos7

Im sorry this happened. But their are casualties in invasions :icon13: Here is Brom's miniguide on how to stay alive during an invasion.

1) Leave the map where invasions are going to happen. IP will always be safe from invasions.

2) Put everything in storage except what you can lose during invasions and fight!

3)Stay next to buildings so that if something comes along you know will kill you, Jump in that building and you will be safe. Just like real life.

4)Stay away from Moderators, They are commonly the eyes for invasions and things will happen around them :evilgrin:

5)Stick with the monsters you know, You can get swamped by multiples of the same creature, they are mean in groups.

6)Stick with a group, This way when you come upon monsters you can spread out and not be attacked by too much at once.

7)Have friends/guildmates with you. So if you die, they can grab your things and flee!

8)Its all meant in fun, So HAVE FUN! Roleplay! Joke! Its a game!

9) Never be AFK with your character left outside. MM cape/perk will not protect you and you may come back to find yourself dead.

Edited by Brom

Here is Brom's miniguide on how to stay alive during an invasion.

198543[/snapback]

You missed one, a big one:

9) Never be AFK with your character left outside. MM cape/perk will not protect you and you may come back to find yourself dead.

That didn't happen to me (this time), but I've been AFK in Portland before so it sure could have. That could be real sad for those who sit with their glowy-swords, AFK for hours at at a time on top of buildings in VotD. Can you imagine coming back to find yourself in the underworld with your plate and glowy gone? :)

Im sorry this happened. But their are casualties in invasions :P Here is Brom's miniguide on how to stay alive during an invasion.

1) Leave the map where invasions are going to happen. IP will always be safe from invasions.

198543[/snapback]

I kinda want to refute this one, IP has been invaded before -maybe it won't be again (I really don't know).

However, if you can easily defeat deer, there generally isn't a problem there either.

I kinda want to refute this one, IP has been invaded before -maybe it won't be again (I really don't know).

However, if you can easily defeat deer, there generally isn't a problem there either.

198615[/snapback]

I believe the IP invasions were rabbits and rats, weren't they? So unless you just created a new character, you've probably got a good chance of surviving an invasion.

Dave

By the way....

....How often are invasions? I'm just wondering, i just want to know when the next one is...  :) IM PUMPED!!!

204690[/snapback]

At the moment, when we feel like doing one. There is quite a lot of work involved to do it you see.

I believe automated invasions are in the works however.

*Cough*We commonly*Cough*Tie invasions to RP*Cough*Events*Cough*

Eh, I must be sick.

I have to make some comments here....

First, N1kon, he never said anything about it being anyone's fault. He simply

was asking for help. I found your response to be unnecessarily beligerent.

Second, twice I have seen fluffies on IP during an invasion, so the "get to

IP to be safe" is a farce. I don't know why they say IP is safe during

invasions, cause it just hasn't been the case. (I do think it should be

safe, and hope this will change)

I have to make some comments here....

First, N1kon, he never said anything about it being anyone's fault.  He simply

was asking for help.  I found your response to be unnecessarily beligerent.

Second, twice I have seen fluffies on IP during an invasion, so the "get to

IP to be safe" is a farce.  I don't know why they say IP is safe during

invasions, cause it just hasn't been the case.  (I do think it should be

safe, and hope this will change)

204720[/snapback]

Errr, I hope there wasn't. IP shouldn't have been invaded at all really, let alone by Fluffies!!! :(

Well, I have to say I didn't see them with my own eyes, but lots of people in chat were like "OMG Fluffies on IP, please come help!!", etc

I have a/d of like 26/24.

Managed to kill my very first Troll (barely).

198060[/snapback]

LMAO killed a troll at 26/24 thats the biggest load of BS i've ever heard in my life

It could have happened. :P If the player was EXTEMELY lucky and/or the troll was near dead. I killed trolls and male ogres and my stats are not great. 18/18/36/38 p/c/a/d :(

Its more fun if you take a friend or 2 with you and go after large monsters in a multi-combat map :)

Anyway, Roja has reassured me at least there will not be crazy invasions on IP. Perhaps beavers or something. But what would be the purpose of having 10 fluffies on IP? I get angry when people Summon fluffies on IP :)