Eternal Lands Official Forums
Viridovix

VOTD Lilacs

One of the fastest ways to make money was to harvest Lilacs in VOTD.

After the update, I notice that the graveyard has been gutted. The lilacs are gone and the nearest ones are half-way to the VOTD cave.

This is one new feature I probably won't be happy about.

Does anybody have any other ideas for fast harvesting $$$?

After the update, I notice that the graveyard has been gutted.  The lilacs are gone and the nearest ones are half-way to the VOTD cave.

197368[/snapback]

What did you expect? People were picking those flowers all day, they were bound to be running out some day...

Maybe once they have some time to grow back we can pick them again :)

What did you expect? People were picking those flowers all day, they were bound to be running out some day...

Maybe once they have some time to grow back we can pick them again  :)

197415[/snapback]

Hehe!

Why not try the fruits in PL, like someone said.. Always g00d for getting money, otherwise, go map hunting and find somewhere that is quick and easy GC.

make FE's, or HE's if you can manage to sell 'em. they make fast money, even to the NPCs, and the alch lvls will be useful in the future.

Plus, the stuff to make them is fairly easy to come by, and also sells fairly well to Harvy (or whatever his name is)

Edited by roren

Guest Hiawatha

blue lupines near portland flower shop.Across the river there is a triple bush (3 flowers every pick..with exca perk 6)so if u have a lot carrying emu its even better than old votd lilacs. And 0,42 coins is good enough price for them. Happy harvesting..:P

Guest elf25s

After the update, I notice that the graveyard has been gutted.  The lilacs are gone and the nearest ones are half-way to the VOTD cave.

197368[/snapback]

try fruit stand in wsc east of nordcarn enterance its very close to it.

blue lupines near portland flower shop.Across the river there is a triple bush (3 flowers every pick..with exca perk 6)so if u have a lot carrying emu its even better than old votd lilacs. And 0,42 coins is good enough price for them. Happy harvesting..:P

197726[/snapback]

yeah but its better to have a high load like about 800 so that u don't go back and forth much >.< :D

fruit at pl.

sells at 0.6 gc per but requires higher lvl

197382[/snapback]

The fruits in PL should be moved 2 a location furhter away from the tavern or the tavern in PL shouldn't buy Fruits.

The Holy apple is back, Im not complaining. In the earily days that was the best place for money, Its lost its popularity because of Bob the goblin that stocks there.

As for me, its titanium ore. But im not telling you any more than that. B) Happy Hunting.

Edited by Brom

also u could do titanium in pl and sell it in white stone city  B)

199113[/snapback]

its really long to mine... but good xp >.< if u wanna make fast cash, to the blue lupine bush at pl :D

Fruits in Portland or Nordcarn.

Or, make and sell FE's, or EE's.

Or, crafting would be very profitable if you had high levels in everything.

Plus, fruits and lilacs don't get me much money.. If I'm doing something else, I get fruits in Portland, and sell because I'm not paying attention to the game.. Otherwise, sell FE's.. You get EFE's sometimes too. :D

Personally, I think games are literally 50 times more fun if you don't worry about cash and profit. Play for fun, play to gain levels... the money is what always makes you angry..

I've *just* finished testing...

Fruits vs Lilacs vs Lupines

Lilacs in Votd got me ~450gc in 10 EL mins (Votd , North)

Fruits got me ~300gc in 10 EL mins (PL or IP)

Blue Lupines ~525gc in 10 EL mins (PL)

The biggest surprise was how slow fruits were. I have an excav cape and a reasonable harvesting lvl of 45 with a free carrying cap of 370. These figures are only approximates because at times you can get teleported or stung by bees.

It is clear that with excav cape, the Blue Lupines is the winner, and whats great about it is that the patrolling goblin in PL acts as a deterent to newbies! And whats more, the bush gives 3 lupines (and 6 with excav) quickly if you have decent harvesting lvls.

That aside, harvesting stuff with pick axes are harder to test for. By the look of things, it'll be Titanium vs Diamond. And making essences is a different matter altogether.

Maybe once they have some time to grow back we can pick them again  :)

197415[/snapback]

I wonder if the 110k lilacs I harvested right before the update in the VOTD grave yard had anythign to do with this...LOL :P