Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sos_nl

reset?!

I think every year there should be a reset, because for new players it isnt fun anymore.

at the end of the year the best people can win € prizes ;)

how do you think about a reset soon?

Edited by sos_nl

I'm a new (ish) player and I'm having a great time. The people who have high levels in skills earned them - don't let envy blind you to their acheivements ;)

yes, you're right, they earned it.. thatsway they needs to be rewarded with something..

but for people that started, now.. they never gonna be a topplayer..

but for people that started, now.. they never gonna be a topplayer..

196689[/snapback]

Being topplayer isn't issue. In fact you can get there with good choice of pick point spending and playing 24/7. Real issue is being top roleplayer. That's what counts and what I understood from Yoshi's mysterious scriptings role-playing in events might become rewarded. Good powerplayer isn't necessarily a good role-player.

- Cedox

yes you can stil be a top player, even if you just started..look at brisingamn and shenriss, they play like 6 months i think and r high a/d

or look at my brother smooms, he started like 4-5 months after me and is #1 a/d now...

Probably the worst idea in history.

Why? What will this acomplish? The only thing I can see will happen is that everyone will get frustrated and leave.

And where did you get the idea that beginners are bored? 90% of the newbies I encounter are obsessed with the game. The rest don't know what to do or are seasoned players on an Alt char.

It's one of these suggestions that should be forgotten very quick. There is nothing that this would help with. It, certainly will not make players, us, enjoy EL more. Quite opposite, most players would leave game - no one likes to work for something whole year to hear:

'New year is coming, prepare for reset you lame, hahahah!!11~'

Ridiculous idea.

No way.. I already #reset once and highly regret it.. missing those other 6 hours sucked for me, too. If I lose everything, I'll FLIP! It would be a major waste of a year.

No way.. I already #reset once and highly regret it.. missing those other 6 hours sucked for me, too. If I lose everything, I'll FLIP! It would be a major waste of a year.

196906[/snapback]

erm...of a year? I heard you say the other day that you were fairly new to the game…to me that doesn’t really mean a year………..

erm...of a year? I heard you say the other day that you were fairly new to the game…to me that doesn’t really mean a year………..

197169[/snapback]

The original suggestion was for a reset once per year. Therefore, a reset would be a "waste of a year". That is, he wasn't saying he's been playing a year, but that a reset at the end of a year of playing would "waste" that year.

And since I'm here, I agree, a reset after a year (or whatever) of hard work to gain skills and equipment would send me right off looking for a different game to play.

Sos, it might be better if you just avoid this section of the forums. :mellow:

Edited by Daxon

:D Yet another nOOb making a dumb nOOb suggestion :D Read the forums a little more, and you`ll discover this has been suggested several hundred times by new players. As you may have gathered from the responce....NO NO NO!!

You wanna be a top player......work on it like everyone else has. Top players become Top players from working hard, ya dont see Top teams in sport selling all their best players each year just to give the new teams a chance, it doesn`t happen. People that have played this game for a couple of years have worked hard to get where they are now, and most have already suffered a couple of resets. So plz, no more silly suggestions about a reset..... :confused:

Good Ole Player wipe! Heck yes! hehe. I understand it is nice to have one in major game changes. Where it is like playing a new game. but not on a regular basis or a scheduled one. Perhaps if EL evolves to an amazing high-graphics engine and the like, we shall wipe and start over. But not anytime soon methinks :P

Ummm..I think this is probably the worst thing I have ever heard. I mean didn't this n00b read the thread about when the server's harddrive got too full the other night and there was a 30 minute rollback? Everyone freaked!!

Having an across the board player wipe would do this game in. Maybe not totally kill it, but I know there would be a majority of people that would be so frustrated that they may not come back.

This guy deserves an award or something, maybe for "Idiot of the year" ??

People, people - leave the guy alone - he made a suggestion, one which he was quickly made aware would not happen and why - do we really need to be mean to him too? :P

Gadai the newbie

People, people - leave the guy alone - he made a suggestion, one which he was quickly made aware would not happen and why - do we really need to be mean to him too? :P

Gadai the newbie

197537[/snapback]

Yes, some suggestion deserves being mean.

I think this would just frusterate ppl. It would be expecially unfair to those who bought items from the shop with RL $$.

:) Dunian :battleaxe:

first.. i am not a N00b...! i think i played longer then the most players that reacted in this topic.. so STFU!

I played this game last year and before the crash i had very good levels..

after i had to go to my full-time work and didn't had any time left for EL anymore..

so

anyway.. your all idiots.. if you cant react normal.. i am wondering how about the IQ, EQ and EL level of the people that reacted in this topic

If this was made into a rule there would be riots (in game, on forum and beyond) from frustration. Followed by a sudden loss of players. It is a suggestion, granted. It is not popular, granted. Your outburst (vulgar and name calling) just puts you in the catagory that you try to put others in.