Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Everyone, please PREPARE for update

Guest majykninjette

This is my first online game so I was wondering if someone could clarify exactly how I would go about installing the update. Do I delete all of the old EL files and unistall the old one or what? I'm not all that computer literate to begin with so details would help me.

This is my first online game so I was wondering if someone could clarify exactly how I would go about installing the update.  Do I delete all of the old EL files and unistall the old one or what?  I'm not all that computer literate to begin with so details would help me.

196058[/snapback]

In that sense this will be a new game. So you should uninstall/delete everything and make a fresh install.

Guest majykninjette
In that sense this will be a new game. So you should uninstall/delete everything and make a fresh install.

196062[/snapback]

Thanks a lot. That helps more than you know. :confused:

Heh t00k me a couple of minutes..

I suppose thats what happens on 2mb :icon13:

EDIT: Ty Ent. :icon13: And all the Devs!! :D

EDIT2: When will the actual update be ready, so we can play it? :confused:

Edited by BeefeH

196062[/snapback]

majykninjette - You may want to copy your chat_log.txt and any custom maps (if you have any) out of your EL folder before you uninstall/delete the game - while this isn't necessary to complete the process, it's nice sometimes to look back and see what's been said when... some of the chat log quotes are quite funny.

I'd like to thank all the people in the EL team for making such a huge step for EL!

Great work!!

I'd like to see it continuing! :)

- SisteMa`

Entropy, i know i'm off topic so i probally will get my post deleted, but can u give some info about the new creeps? i understood there are 3 new monsters , but then again i dont wanna go att a skonks and end up in hell :)

oh and it took 1 min 21 sec for downloading the new game!

Thank you!

Edited by N1k0n

Guest Gwreg

heh =]

Hi Entropy, yes I'm using FreeBSD, and have errors with the Makefile.bsd, but NoOne with the GNU make version, compile perfectly, (while having cal3d-only-libs-0.10.0.tar.gz of course). And not just compile, they run too ;p Just some `Floating exception (core dumped)` sometimes (was same error, still sometimes, with the old bsd version (maybe my install)) but is playable =)

And in response to Barmoaro, ttlanhil, you can find the 'missing' files (for testing?) in http://waiter.dineusonline.com/~dineus/el/el_install.zip. Happy playing with more beautiful things for eyes (and all others) =)

Yes, copying your old stuff such as the chat logs might be a good idea, but for the custom maps it might not eb the brightest idea ever, as many maps changed so their bmp files changed too.

Make sure EL isn't running. Copy the chat log, paste it into my documents or something. When you install TOMORROW, copy the chat log over before you log on.

195999[/snapback]

thx

do we have to delete the EL folder?(or anything else?)

my tc client doesn't work now