Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Everyone, please PREPARE for update

We have released the client update for Windows, the Linux one will be done tomorrow, at the time of the update.

In order to minimize the load on the servers, please preload the update now, so you will have it ready when we update tomorrow.

The URL is: http://waiter.dineusonline.com/~dineus/el/el_110_install.exe

For the time being, download the file and have it ready for tomorrow. If you wish to install it prior to the update, please note that this is NOT compatible with the server we are running now, so you will not be able to play EL with that version (or you might be able to, but you will encounter tons of problems).

So if you install it prior to the update, install it in a new directory. After the update is done, delete the old EL directory! This is important, if you don't do it there might be problems, not to mention wasted HDD space.

And FFS, please download this file in a place that you remember!

On an unrelated note, those with a SiS card might not be able to play again, so if this is the case just get a real video card, such as one from ATI or Nvidia. They are cheap, FFS!

Make sure EL isn't running. Copy the chat log, paste it into my documents or something. When you install TOMORROW, copy the chat log over before you log on.

...wow, hell did freeze over...

j/k

Anyway, hope I can manage to stay up late tonight...5 hour download ahead.

Sweet.

Guest Gwreg

yeah, the upgrade is finally setting up ;p

unix users, get the cvs, install cal3d 0.10, and happy compiling =)

thanks for your work on this great free game (and for Makefile.bsdg ;o)

Guest Enyo
...wow, hell did freeze over...

j/k

Anyway, hope I can manage to stay up late tonight...5 hour download ahead.

Sweet.

196004[/snapback]

5 hours ?! it took me a few minutes.. wow.. why 5 hours? :)

5 hours ?!  it took me a few minutes.. wow.. why 5 hours? :)

196011[/snapback]

because there are still such things as dial up modems

Ent , roja some1 please adjust the new whitelist or when update comes the whitelist is same?

cuz on test server i was banned before ever entering the server

when i asked devs they said server has a diff whitelist!

so questions remain : Whitelist will be the one one the server running now or the one that was on the test server ! :icon14:

Edited by N1k0n

Since I moved I can't get DSL or cable and i'm on dial-up..I only connect at 38.6k and it only took 1 1/2 hours to dowlaod it...Tum you must have a worse connection than me!

On an unrelated note, those with a SiS card might not be able to play again, so if this is the case just get a real video card, such as one from ATI or Nvidia. They are cheap, FFS!

195980[/snapback]

SiS card ? Wow, for a moment, I thought you wanted to prevent Belgians to play...

SIS card is a social security identification device in Belgium (used to make the health care and other social services management easier for the citizens).

Anyway, I'm glad you all could achieve this update. I did not take part in the tests, so I'm gonna have the (nearly) full surprise. I have a feeling Seridia is going to be very quiet after a few hours on the new release ! :)

Guest Hiawatha

bye the way..:)...is it possible or even any sense or "legal" to test the update with test server port 2002. If not then just delete this nonsense. Just thinking that there would be some time to find if there would be some fatal problems coming..

yeah, the upgrade is finally setting up ;p

unix users, get the cvs, install cal3d 0.10, and happy compiling =)

thanks for your work on this great free game (and for Makefile.bsdg ;o)

196010[/snapback]

Compiled OK, but where do I get all the map files etc?

Compiled OK, but where do I get all the map files etc?

196047[/snapback]

from the linux install that's coming out later

bye the way..:confused:...is it possible or even any sense or "legal" to test the update with test server port 2002. If not then just delete this nonsense. Just thinking that there would be some time to find if there would be some fatal problems coming..

196044[/snapback]

Go ahead if you want, but there might be some map problems because some of the maps on the test server are slightly outdated.