Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Update TEST

Not working at all for me :)

I blame my computer for being old and weak, but I posted some details Here

Any ideas?

**i am having firewall issues, not client issues. By messing around, I have managed to get as far as the sign in screen.**

Edited by Dent

New perspective view looks great. Really much better than iso.

Far clipping distance makes tiles under trees disappear first and objects later which makes things appear to hang over void. Smoother clipping distance would be nicer instead of tile based.

Polygon saving can be seen in perspective view, lots of underside polygons deleted. Some of them are almost unnoticeable, some are very clear. Things that have Y depth like wells look like they are filled with soil, because plane goes through it. Can it be done so that well would be placed on a special tile with depth?

Fog is too strong near. It is very nice atmospheric eye-candy, but with this near strength I had to turn it off to see a couple of meters.

- Cedox

Edited by cedox

Guest Enyo

it's all perfect for me.. i love it and my new nvidia video carte works great with it, too..i love the animations.. i love the storage.. wow.. so much easier.. i love it all!! thanks team.. you're great!!

it's all perfect for me.. i love it and my new nvidia video carte works great with it, too..i love the animations.. i love the storage.. wow.. so much easier.. i love it all!!  thanks team.. you're great!!

194692[/snapback]

the same here, grats and thnx for all who worked on it :)

First of all, congratualations !!!

I have a Gforce 4 Card NV5600FX and have not experienced any problems so far ... If I do so, i will try to reproduce the issue and submit an info how to reproduce it.

I'll do what i would do in the main game, mining/smelting/manufacturing. Nothing fancy. If you need me to test something specific, let me know...

Ah, there is one thing i wanted to remark....

I love the way how multiple channels can be monitored. As long as the ALL function is not used everything seems clear and logic. It becomes somewhat difficult when i want to answer something in the 'ALL' mode... I do not know what channel it would go(the answer i mean) before i hit enter. Is there a way to visualize the channel active for answering ??

rgds

albi

I love the way how multiple channels can be monitored. As long as the ALL function is not used everything seems clear and logic. It becomes somewhat difficult when i want to answer something in the 'ALL' mode... I do not know what channel it would go(the answer i mean) before i hit enter. Is there a way to visualize the channel active for answering ??

194700[/snapback]

Yes, the command #ci give you all channels where you are connected and the active channel.

Yes, the command #ci give you all channels where you are connected and the active channel.

194705[/snapback]

exactly... found that out just now ... still...visually reminded would be a greaaat plus :)

194705[/snapback]

if you compile the source yourself, head over to berlios and grab my patch to 'rey inactive channel's orwhatever it was. (should be grey). this makes it so when you're in all tab or console(which I usually am) then chatter on all other channels has grey names (and yes, as you've found out, we do need something like this, the numbers alone aren't enough)

My word, this is awesome...can we declare the update day "Kiss a Dev Day"? I just want to watch my character walk all day :)

It looks so awesome that even my husband says it's "his kind of game" and might actually play it :):( w00t!

Oh, here's a very minor little bug I found: Broken #hint

brokenhint.jpg

I suggest adding "will be eaten by a Grue! Go read the manuals and fansites!!!~!@11!!"

Oops, just found another: PL/DP sign isn't clickable.

Edited by Tanyia

4) Honestly- the new pots do NOT show up in my encyclopedia.

194599[/snapback]

Seriously, if you don't see this, then the distributed encyclopedia has not been updated. (Someone please confirm this either way. :brooding: )

Edited by crusadingknight

Seriously, if you don't see this, then the distributed encyclopedia has not been updated. (Someone please confirm this either way.  :)  )

194839[/snapback]

I can state, without equivication, that I do not see that.

All the other encyclopedia changes seem to be there- but not those two pots.

I installed with the exe without issue, and everything else seems to be working fine. It's just that those two pots are not in the encyclopedia. Honest. Really. I swear. Not there.....

Okay, it's all bugged. ;-)

I have an graphics card which is up-to-date and still I can't get EL to start at all. It must be the new version of EL.

My graphics card is a Ati Rage with 8 MB, btw. :-p

I've downloaded the test version and can't get it to start either. I thought it could be because my graphics card is inferior (since I had trouble with the original version of EL as well until I turned off all the shadows, reflections, and particles), but even when I did all that, it still won't go past the "Connecting to Server" screen and freezes up the screen. My error log contains the following:

Log started at 2005-09-09 13:57:00

Error: Can't open file "./textures/fontv.bmp"

Error: Can't open file "mapinfo.lst"

Then this error appears for a good amount of time, at least five hundred, though there could be more... I should try counting them when I'm bored :D

No Anim: ./animations/player_slash1.caf

Edit: After counting them (yeah I know :angry:), after going upwards 528 errors (yes, I counted upwards :cry:), I find these hiding in the middle:

No Anim: ./animations/canine_pain.caf

No Anim: ./animations/canine_idlel.caf

Then finally at the bottom, we have the following errors:

Error: Can't open file "./textures/particle5.bmp"

Error: Can't open file "./textures/particle6.bmp"

Error: Can't open file "./textures/particle7.bmp"

Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

My graphics card is a SiS 760.

Edited by Kendai

This...is the single COOLEST thing i have ever seen :D :lol: :cry::angry: Keep up the good work!

It just means that I won't be able to play when the update comes because for one, I can't get a new graphics card because I'm a poor college student and two, I would have no idea how to set it up in my computer anyway because I'm computer illiterate. :D **sighs sadly**

Installing new video card instructions:

Shut down computer

Open the case

Take out the old video card

Put the new video card

Restart computer

Install the drivers

Play EL

As a note, make sure you have an AGP port, if not buy a PCI video card.

erm... the chars on main server will be converted during the hour or so downtime for update... you will continue to use your chars on the main server (the ones on test server... who knows? probably stay there, but the appeal of the test server will be gone)