Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Update Info

Cool, huge thanks to all developpers\o/

But, I wonder why I didnt read anything about shapshifting....

Ps (and private joke) : if some of you want a better system they should try

root@somelamesystem # emerge debian

yeah, good point. it could be the rest of my comp. it is getting ready to die.. too bad i couldnt take out a life insurance policy on it..

Edited by bill126

This is going to be sooo great!!! :)

Tested it last night for a litle while and the only bug i saw is the "drop all" button, when u click it u drop everything u have and get disconected.

Probably fixed already :(

You didn't mention or is it only me. How many more new quests have been implemented not counting god quests?

Good job on improving the game. Keep up the good work. :)

Grymauch

InterGuild Messenging System

• #ig <guild short name> <message>

#ig_block <guild short name>

#ig_unblock <guild short name>

#ig_block_list

194309[/snapback]

so does this mean that The_Antiroot's messenger bots are obsolete?

Tested it last night for a litle while and the only bug i saw is the "drop all" button, when u click it u drop everything u have and get disconected.

Probably fixed already

Fixed :)

Thanks every one who helped with this update. :D

I wish there was something i could help with but other that the map I have "That ill submitt as a test map soon" i can't do much to help.

Thanks every one who helped with this update. ;)

I wish there was something i could help with but other that the map I have "That ill submitt as a test map soon" i can't do much to help.

194882[/snapback]

eh, there's a lot people can do... maps, quests (write and submit sample there too) storylines (writing and proofreading), bug reports(anyone can do this... though it takes a bit of practice to do it well), programming, getting sounds/music, answering newbie questions on chan 1(that helps more than you may think), so on and so fifth... plenty of options!

The server SHOULD also be stable and exploit free, BUT you will have to realize that a LOT of new features and changes were not tested properly, so this means that the first week after the update it will be a TEST WEEK. That means that, if we find some nasty bugs we might have to do a rollback from just before the update. I hope we won't have to, but if necesary we will, so do not complain if it happens, ok?

# New character creation interface

194218[/snapback]

Holy.... This is an incredibly large update. ;)

Is there any possible way that the characters could get deleted or lose stats, items etc.?

This happened to my friend at an older update...

(Seeing as we have to completely delete everything)

Plus, will the new character creation include new clothes and stuff?

And, will previously-created members be able to update their avatar?

Holy.... This is an incredibly large update.  ;)

yes, yes it is. in a large part, we were waiting for all of the cal3d work to be done, and most of the rest just kept getting added in between. here's hoping we can have more frequent updates in the future
Is there any possible way that the characters could get deleted or lose stats, items etc.?

well... anything is possible, I suppose, but I'm guessing it's as likely as always (ie: not)... the way character data is stored shouldn't be prone to over-complexity, and that means converting everything should be fine(it has been tested already, in a largish number of people, i don't think there were any problems)

if you want, to be on the really safe side, you could always copy your experience numbers and #storage list, if there's problems after the conversion you can speak up

This happened to my friend at an older update...

(Seeing as we have to completely delete everything)

naah, the files on your computer won't affect your character at all... (footnote)
Plus, will the new character creation include new clothes and stuff?
same options as before(except that they look a bit nicer)
And, will previously-created members be able to update their avatar?

195070[/snapback]

for the usual US$5 (free race) or US$20(convert to pay-to-play race), sure... since there's no new options, you're not missing out though

footnote: wiping all files (and if you have extra stuff in there, like me(notes, stories, screenshots, et al) please remember to save them!) will include your local configuration... when you get the new client, that means any changes you made to your el.ini (or with elconfig.exe) will be lost (probably not a bad thing, as there's a lot of changes... and all config is now done in the game)... all the window positions will also be lost(yeah, big deal).

Edited by ttlanhil

We won't be able to update tomorrow, sorry. There are still a few bugs, and I would rather wait a few more days and release a more or less bug free version, rather than rush and get 1 billion bug reports (1 billion people reporting the same bug).

I think we'll post yet another release candidate tomorrow, and depending on how well it goes, we'll update Monday or not.

We won't be able to update tomorrow, sorry. There are still a few bugs, and I would rather wait a few more days and release a more or less bug free version, rather than rush and get 1 billion bug reports (1 billion people reporting the same bug).

I think we'll post yet another release candidate tomorrow, and depending on how well it goes, we'll update Monday or not.

195280[/snapback]

Entropy,

Take your time. If you release too early you'll get hounded with constant "It's buggy!" complaints; if you delay the release you'll get hounded with constant "Isn't it ready yet?" complaints.

Since you're going to get complaints no matter what you do, you might as well do the right thing.

Dave

Aww.. I wish I could update my character at the update... I don't like the hair. :bow_arrow:

195415[/snapback]

That feature costs $5 to use it once.