Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
albi

Death Bag issue the 1001

I understand that with the storage trade option trade bag jumpers will soon be no issue anymore ...

The ppl taking our deathbags is still an issue .... I am not saying the should be able to take the stuff i have lost when i die. But looting dead ppls things is a bad bad bad thing in all cultures .... at least some sort of disadvantage from taking a dead persons bag should be issued....

during the meeting with Lord Vermor, we heard a lot of good ideas, and i would add my to cents to the things i heard up there ....

If one dies , he has a chance that he will loose things at the place where he died in a bag .... if some takes that bag within a certain amount of time... the person trying to take this bag coul be informed that this bag belongs to someone who has just died ... and if they loot this bag during a certain time (while the body is still warm) the will be pkable by anyone on any map (just like the wandering fool)

This actually adds a gamethread where ppl could become looters by profession and it gives the looting by temptation a potential danger ....

rgds

albi

sorry, i am not a native english speaker, probably someone understood what i tried to say and can rephrase it properly :icon13:

I agree in principal to this suggestion.I personally think 90% of DB's get looted in the first couple of minutes after someone dies so if there was a owner timer of say 5 minutes where nobody but the owner could take or stand on the bag it would resolve almost all of the issues piled on mods relating to taken DB's. If someone in that 5 minutes tried to take or stand on the bag they would get a system message saying'you may not open this bag at this time'.after 5 minutes the regular dropped bag timer and accessabitlity options would resume and if the owner didnt get there he could still possibly lose his items.this I think would still leave the bag available to looters but give the owner to return in a timely fashion for his things.If they dont hurry back then they still face losing their items and gives good and bad players alike no excuses.

5mins to get to your bag? then you still don't lose anything from dying... I mean... you died. just losing some items is a pretty light consequence of that (yes, graverobbing is looked down upon when the person is caught... but then... when people are caught they go on outlaws thread anyway. so we have that)

Deathbags and the risk of them being looted is one of the few bad things about getting killed! If anything, you should have more negative effects from death, not less!

The game should NOT prevent bag jumping, the player community is the one that should be deciding and acting on it in several ways!!

I'm not saying ---prevent it--- i'm saying, add the reward for the ppl taking the bag as a doublesided sword ...not less... yes the game should allow you to be a bad boy ... but bing a bad boy should pose a risk to the bad boy too

and adding more effect to deing , like temporary skill limitations is just fine for me ...

one remark to the outlaws thread ....

how efficient is it really ? i doubt it's efficiency.

Leave the DBs as they r, if u don't want 2 lose ur stuff don't die! :lurker:

There r ppl reading the outlaws thread daily so i belive most guilds/players know about it (1 person reads it and then tells it 2 another and so on, some that see something tells his friends in-game hwo tells his friend and so on)

when you be high a/d and 49 magic (no fail)

you wont die anymore under training..unless ur nob