Eternal Lands Official Forums
Asmodis

devs: please make the name of a death bags owner

Hi all!

My idea is named in title + description already but here's some more text on that :P

devs: Please make a death bag have the owners name on it!

It could be made like this: when opening the bag there is a message who dropped it. That shouldn't be hard to implement ... u need a new row in the database storing the players name and make a SELECT statement + text appear on opening bags...

That would help honest players to return death bags - by contacting the person by PMimg. :hiya:

players: support this idea by giving positive replies ;)

Greetings to all honest players!

~Asmodis

ps: You may find this interesting too http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17579

I would like that...

It would make returning bags lots easier! ;)

I'd prefer it being made little text in the bag window, that tells who dropped the bag :P

additionally or instead of the suggestion above

Make the game send a message to the "dead" player, telling the name of a player taking sth out of the bag! This way the bag can be identified as death bag and refreshed by putting a bone or a gc in without punishing honest players.

Lets call this something like a "telepathic death echo" - just in case you complain "thats not realistic". Just think: did you ever complain about being able to carry 300 steel bars around a continent?!

cheers ;)

I'd prefer it being made little text in the bag window, that tells who dropped the bag ;)

You're right!

That's a better way since the info can't scroll out of the window & be overlooked accidentally ... and there some other reasons as well.

And every time people think of something to eliminate the chance of losing items after dying.

Like loosing items would be a bug the developers could not fix.

Just think: did you ever complain about being able to carry 300 steel bars around a continent?!

[cheeky]What's unrealistic about that? Who said anything about the size of the bar?[/cheeky]

[sarcasm]If I wasn't in this great an honorable clan and it was possible to be a lowly thief, I would most certainly steal ppls cloaks, tit bars, super flaming serpent swords of justice, hell I would steal their underpants and apartments if I could :D I'd still call that good game even if someone did that to me. [/sarcasm]

Anyway if bag tags are coming it's a sign that admins have lended a thought at this.

- cedox

Ok, along the same line ... why wouldn't you replace deathbags with R.I.P. tombstones with the name on it you could see with the eye icon: "you see: grave of Mister_Dead".

People profaning a tomb could have a risk of being cursed, godless people could have a risk of getting some disease. Only the one back from among the dead could open his own grave without risk.

I understand this would be a bit more difficult to implement but sounded like a good idea in my resonating skull (DOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGG) :D

What do you think ?!

Ok, along the same line ... why wouldn't you replace deathbags with R.I.P. tombstones with the name on it you could see with the eye icon: "you see: grave of Mister_Dead".

People profaning a tomb could have a risk of being cursed, godless people could have a risk of getting some disease. Only the one back from among the dead could open his own grave without risk.

I understand this would be a bit more difficult to implement but sounded like a good idea in my resonating skull (DOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGG)  :D

What do you think ?!

193374[/snapback]

Great idea! :)

I regret to say, but I don't see any extremely important reason for this :/

If you're honest player you wait a couple minutes on bag and return it to owner if he appears, other case you take it. If you're dishonest player you will take the bag not caring whom it belongs to.

I may be wrong, but I'm not convinced to this idea.

I really like the Tombstone Idea. It's a Little Different. I'd much more prefer a Body Left over but that's been done do Death (no Pun intended) but I think a Tombstone gives the same idea and a certain "Flair" that this game needs as well as is a little more accurate then just a bag.

And Seperating a Player's death Spot from an Animal's is something I'd like to see. Animal's shouldn't leave behind Bags either. We should have to Search the Animal's body for a drop. That way, not only would a player who comes across a dead Fox have to look to see if it's killer left anything there but it's also gives a touch of realisim that player's really would appreciate during game play. Besides, clicking on the Corpse of your kill is far easier then clicking on a deadbag buried under it! I hate trying to manuvear my screen just to find the Bag to click!

And adding in Curses and such to protect Graves would be an interesting twist! But I think that a player (the one who died) would have to plan on that before-hand. Curses don't come by easily and diseases are only present under certain circumstances. It would bring a new item or skill into the game. If a Player wants to punish their Killer or any Bagjumpers (or Gravediggers, in this case) they could carry a special Talismen with them that'll put a curse on their Body at the point of their death and if anyone (including themselves) were to come along and open it, it'll curse them.

Diseases should be a little different. A disease should only be aplied if the Grave was opened after it had been setting them for a while Or if the Player had died with a disease already on them.

Interesting ideas anyway. I wonder what the Devs think?

I do not really like this idea for it would make the game easier.After all the game has to remain difficult and challaging or else it would not be fun any more.Also what really is the point?

Does anyone know if bag tags or similar ideas finally came into the game ?

211163[/snapback]

Keeps bagjumpers from bagjumping, that and it's useful for bagsitters looking for those drops.

Placing a "curse" or something similar on a person who takes a deathbag isn't going to happen. Why? you might ask. Here is one "why"

What if your friend dies next to you and you help him/her by taking the bag, to meet him/her at, say, beam? Should you be cursed too?

I don't think so. And don't give me the: "what if we had a command #uncurse <player>"

If you die, be prepared to lose your things. If you are not prepared to loose them, either do not die or carry only items that you can afford to lose.

Hehe ... I know that I myself proposed the idea of curse and disease to "protect" your deathbag... but I am actually against that idea, lol.

I completely agree with Derin: be prepared to lose stuff when you die. I often said that death is not a big deal in this game.

What if death would reset your character ? That would be a "hell" of a punishment ! lol, just kidding, hehe B)

Edited by Sildegaar

I would also agree with Derin on the triviality of death in this game. There is a previous long thread on having a bigger loss for dying which comes up with some interesting ideas -- the best (IMHO) is to zero (or reduce to 4) all stats when you arrive in heck, and they then recover at 1/min as normal.

As for death bags -- tagging them with a name, visible to whoever picks opens them, is a reasonable effect. In fact, tag all bags with the name of the character who originally dropped them.

More than this, curses etc., are not reasonable -- you've died, your problem, not whoever finds your bag -- its their generosity and goodwill to return it, not an obligation. Don't want to loose stuff? Don't die.

Edited by trollson