Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tumaros

The Ocean Strider's Voyage

((I cant give you the map. Just know that the Draegoni lands are on a huge island in the south. There are gnome villages here and there, but accross the channel to the east there is one on its own island, next to the barrel :cry:

Human and Elf cities are all over and the Orchan islands are shown in the section Lyanna posted.

Good call on the post below, If you look at the map Lyanna gave us, thats about where the group is. You must have teleported a little to the west, near LV's summer home :())

Edited by Brom

((except one thing, Kendai, LadyWolf, and I are .... somewhere else. Anyone have any clue where we went?))

Atahn took his bearings, but not for long. "Damn, the spelled fizzled - I think," he muttered.

"What do you mean 'fizzled'? Where are we?" roared Kendai, her pink skin glowing in anger as she lunged at Atahn again.

The fight carried on for about 5 sword strikes each, metal on metal each strike, until Atahn again knocked Kendai off balance. This time, he ran, covering much distance till she caught up with him, and the fight continued.

Should I tell her the truth? Atahn thought to himself. Are we truly that different, on opposing sides? Why is she after us? Does she really think killing a few stowaways - even if they were among the best of Seridian adventurers - will mean anything?

About that time, Atahn heard a rustling in the bushes, which seemed to accompany a mist - residue of teleportation spell - they were not alone anymore. Apparently, Kendai was distracted by it to, long enough that Atahn ran yet again, with Kendai close behind.

In the distance, Atahn saw a house, and ran for it. As he grew closer, he swore he could recognize the banner of the house - Vermor? He ran toward it with more vigor. Strange, how can this be Vermor? I wasn't aware of any other ships sailing for Irilion - did Lord Vermor have his own ships? Perhaps if it is him, he can help me.

Kendai caught up with Atahn in front of the house. Again, they drew swords and fought some more, until something caught their attention coming from the house. LadyWolf joined them then, unable to remain concealed, and the three turned, about to fight whatever it was.

((Well, looks like we somehow ended up near LV's place in Palon Vertas. LV, if you want to come back in, here's your segue.))

Alderan looked around confused, "Where did Lady go?" he asked Dunian. Dunian shook his head, "Dunno, they keep poofing around here left and right."

Alderan stops when he hears a voice in his mind, it was LadyWolf, giving him coordinates to Palon Vertas.

((There Alderan, run with it my friend))

_____POSTING AFTER KENDAI______

Edited by LadyWolf

Kendai growls. This was all going wrong! She didn't care what was coming at her now. Praying to Mortos for a blessing, she grabs LadyWolf and throws her violently into Atahn, hoping it would distract them enough for her to gain the upper hand as she assembles her harm spells to cast at them.

((Really, I have no idea what's going on right now, so I'm just running along with it like you guys lol))

((In an attempt to catch up those who have not been reading and drinking in the story we are unfolding. Here is a rough recap.

I will start from the landing.

Everyone abandon ship/fought sailors

Everyone came back and comfronted the horde or Orchans

Placid turned the Orchans away We all went into town (Tavern)

Kendai turned the orchans against us and attacked the town

We all got drunk, then sobered up and went into battle against the Orchans

Winning the battle, Placid went to check on the boat

Kendai captured Placid and fled by way of the sea, south

By various means we all arrived in this southern town we did not find out the name

Placid escapes

We scare the town and light it on fire, start fighting with soldiers and Kendai

Kendai and Atahn are transported west to Palon Vertas and Ladywolf follows

Atahn and Ladywolf are about to battle Kendai in front of Palon Vertas

Regar is with the Baron after setting up the men to defend the ship

Sora was injured, Fought in battle, healed and followed Kat to where she is now camping

Brom gets pulled by his Draegoni blood to the south where the Draegoni caverns are.

Lots of little storylines, but I am trying to keep up ;) Good job guys, dont be afraid to take the story somewhere completely different, People will be glad you did, as long as you try to keep people together.

Since the update will be on Saturady/Sunday we will try to be back in Serdia so that we can tell our tale to the Serdians. but we are not bound by time.))

Edited by Brom

LadyWolf charges at Kendai and gets whipped into Atahn. Catching her footing she slowly turns to face Kendai. She doesn't even pray to Selain this time, she just "shifts" her the bright green of her draegoni eyes turns black as the spirit of Gai takes over. LadyWolf feels the shift take a deeper hold this time, and is a little unnerved but turns to face Kendai.

"Kendai, what has gotten into you. We are your friends. Now tell me what is going on, I do not want to fight you old friend, but I will if it means preserving Seridia and this new land." Lady pleaded with Kendai.

Kendai lunged at LadyWolf meaning to bull her over with her massive orchan size, but Lady had the benefit being draegoni (and wolf) and easily side stepped the charging orchan.

Lady sticks out a foot and sends Kendai sprawling on the ground, seeing her chance she pounces on Kendai, pinning her to the ground. "Now, you have one last chance to tell us what you are doing, or I will be forced to kill you."

Kendai tries to struggle but Lady digs her razor sharp claws into her wrists, Atahn moves towards them and draws Lady's sword, holding it to Kendai's throat. "Kendai, don't make me kill you! Tell me what in the name of the god's do you think you have been doing??"

((here Kendai, you are trapped..might as well explain what the hell you are doing betraying us ;)))

((I erased the post when I sneak into the Orchan camp and confront Asktar Grumsbane because it was gonna be the beginning of explaing Alderans past, but I decided not to do that because it would be to hard to stick with the main story here and Alderans past at the same time.))

Alderan looked around confused, "Where did Lady go?" he asked Dunian. Dunian shook his head, "Dunno, they keep poofing around here left and right."

Alderan stops when he hears a voice in his mind, it was LadyWolf, giving him coordinates to Palon Vertas. "Dunian, I know where Lady and Atahn went. I'll use a spell to teleport us there." Alderan took some essences from his pocket and cast a spell, teleporting him and Dunian to Palon Vertas. When they got there they saw Ladywolf pinned Kendai to the ground.

((All I got for now. I cant think of anything good. =\))

LadyWolf hears the familiar sound of the teleportals spell and glances left, not taking her eyes off of Kendai. She sees Dunian and Alderan appear.

"Glad you could join us." Lady growled. Alderan couldn't help but notice she didn't quite look the same. Lady continued, "Go to the main house and get Lord Vermor or his guards, they will be better suited to deal with this traitor.!"...

(((come on alderan I know you can take this lead ;))))

[Out of Character Post]

Gil:

I do not know what was going on here gil, Could you clarify, Give some backup on where you are in relation to the rest of us?

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...ndpost&p=194200

Alderan:

Do not be afraid to take over, make up things, speak for others, Whatever gets the storyline across.

LadyWolf:

You are now offically an RP Addict!

Edited by Brom

((#abuse LadyWolf's gonna kill me in a non-PK area! lol jk :D))

Kendai growls, still struggling though she knows she's been caught. A strange almost crazy look glints in her eyes.

"I am the Chosen One, chosen by the God of Death Himself to carry out the fulfillment of His mighty Curse! You are all inferior creatures who will be brought before Mortos as trophies of blood! You cannot flee from your accursed fate, I am the Chosen One and the Curse will be completed!"

Now, to anyone who knew Kendai well, this would be extremely odd, for the Kendai LadyWolf knew had chosen not to serve any gods out of choice, not even choosing the option of being godless. To be serving Mortos was an even stranger choice for her, for back on Seridia she had been more of an alchemist than a fighter and indeed never went into areas she knew she would be in danger unless to watch others or collect rare items. Meanwhile Kendai struggles, not caring whether they hurt her or not, only trying to get back up and kill these infidels, those who opposed her plans.

Brom stands in awe at the spectacle before him, He had gone down after traveling even farther south. Down down down he went into the Draegoni caverns, spying Very many other Draegoni in the caves, mostly the old and the young, the middle aged were less common as they were usually out of the caverns.

Crystals glowing to light his path Brom walked on. How have my ancestors created such a marvellous place out of what used to be a wasteland! Jewels adorned the walls and the feeling of comfort-cold swirled all around him. Brom came to a GIGANTIC door which appeared to be made of ice, He felt that he could but flick the door and the whole artiface would crumble. He touched the ice of the door and felt it was not made of water, or rather, It would not melt under his touch and felt stronger than rock. But when he moved it, it was like pushing aside feathers.

Brom had already lost his breath many times, but now with no words to express the positive Mountains of Books ahead of him. Walking throught the isles he spotted titles for books he would love to start and not stop until finished. Books such as "Transmutation" and "Telling others the basics" As he was walking through what appeared to be the "T" section. He came upon a book he was compelled to pick up. Its title was The Sacred Caves of Bethel. Brom began reading the elegant pages, which filled him with a sense of completion. He knew his people now, He was a part of them.

A voice from behind him made him turn abruptly.

"You are a strong one. It took many of us to control you like we did"

Brom said, "This is a wonderous place, Im glad you did control me in this instance"

The Draegoni man said, "My name is Ceunnos, I am one of the elders of the Draegoni"

"I am Brom... Brom paused The storyteller."

"We know of you, It is a difficult society to live in, when we are in eachothers heads, but you will soon learn to hide things that you do not want others to see or know"

"What do you know of me?" Brom said, with a guarded look.

"We know that you right now desire three things. One is to stay here with my people, for you are curious beyond most I have seen. Another is your thoughts dwell on a certain young lady who ..."

Brom cut him off a little too abruptly, "I get your point, what is the third thing?"

"You want me or another to take the knowledge in this very book you hold to someone who can relay it back to your native land." Ceunnos said flatly.

"Correct" answered Brom.

"Then I will do it. I can help with the first and third. The second is a matter completely up to you."

"Thank you" said Brom, while handing the book over to Ceunnos.

Ceunnos said he would relay the message first for he knew of a Captain Gaildren that had already made contact with them. Then Ceunnos said he would return to teach Brom anything he knew and to respond to questions that Brom had piling up in his head.

((Muahaha for bringing yourself into the storyline :D

History of the Bethal Empire Released! - Lord Vermor))

Edit: Formatting, other, Lyanna's Part.

Brom rounded a corner strolling around the library while waiting for Ceunnos to return and spotted Lyanna sitting at a table reading a book! Lyanna! I thought you had died!?

"I feel it comming yes, But with this new continent found I had to come see the greatest library in the world!" said Lyanna, a twinkle in her eye.

"Its great to see you! Whatever it is that will pull you away from this land must be a cruel thing indeed!" said Brom, obvious sadness in his eyes and features.

"I will nevertheless do what I must." said Lyanna.

Brom said, "I expect nothing less, But I do hope you can return someday!"

"I will try" said Lyanna.

"Thank you"

((Long Live Lyanna!))

Edited by Brom

[Out of Character Post]

Gil:

I do not know what was going on here gil, Could you clarify, Give some backup on where you are in relation to the rest of us?

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...ndpost&p=194200

Alderan:

Do not be afraid to take over, make up things, speak for others, Whatever gets the storyline across.

LadyWolf:

You are now offically an RP Addict!

194559[/snapback]

I was going along with the group trying to find the gnome and then they find kendai on a road, then i cross the road and she starts chasing me. we both end up in lvs summer home, but i guess they went with a different direction <_<

I was going along with the group trying to find the gnome and then they find kendai on a road, then i cross the road and she starts chasing me. we both end up in lvs summer home, but i guess they went with a different direction <_<

194612[/snapback]

Ahh! I see! Im sorry, I saw that "An" orchan was chasing you, I did not register it was Kendai. Please join back up!

Atahn laughs. Orchans are not known for their brilliance, but I never thought they were stupid, Atahn thinks to himself.

Atahn spoke, you are no more the chosen of Mortos than I am. Truly, if you are here for him, why do you chase such worthless prizes? Would not your god prefer you bring him a meal fit for a king, not taunt him with mere scraps while you toss the main course out?

"If you were even a chosen one, you would seek the most blood for Mortos."

Atahn remembered the way of Mortos he'd taken up once in his madness - he never swore it off, though. The best he could think was one teaching - an old man in the ranks of Mortos was truly a servant of himself.

Atahn drew back with LadyWolf's sword - but a dark figure coming out of the residence stayed his hand.

((What, Brom, nothing to say for me?))

Edited by Arnieman

((Atahn you rox my sox :P

Lets hope LV comes along, Ill send him a fourm PM.))

((Brom, hmmm...your venture to the draegoni cave has inspired this part))

LadyWolf looked down at Kendai, something wasn't quite right here. She knew her friend had chosen to be godless, this had to be some ruse by Mortos. Kendai struggled against Lady, but Lady held fast. She reached out with her mind and found Kendai, and the evil that was present shocked Lady to no end. Kendai had been possessed by Mortos!

Lady let her mind come back to her and looked around to see Lord_Vermor and his guards approaching. The guards moved to Kendai and Lady released her hold on her friend. The guards roughly snatched Kendai up, but Lady grabbed one of the guards arms and said "Do not hurt her, she has been posessed by the evil Mortos. The things she has done were not done of her own will."

Lady turned and quickly bowed to Lord_Vermor. LV looked at her oddly and she remembered she had forgotten to shift back. She wuickly trned and shifted back to her draegoni form and turned to face Vermor again. "My Lord, Kendai would never mean anyone harm, Mortos has posessed her mind."

LV nodded and said, "I will have the Mage Council look into this and see if we can release her from his grasp. Meanwhile come into town and enjoy a hot meal and shower before a good nights sleep."

**LATER**

Lady had taken leave of the young Lord_Vermor after having eaten her fill. She took a long hot bath and then donned her clothes which had been cleaned. She lay down in the soft bed and fell imediately asleep.

Her slumber was not peaceful by far. She tossed and turned. She hand the oddest feeling that she was being beckoned somewhere. She heard the voices of others in her mind, not talking directly to her, but she heard them, many of them.

Lady unconsciously channeled out and found Brom. "Brom! You are ok!" she exclaimed. He smiled and said something about finally being home.

Lady snapped awake, overwhelmed with the urge to take leave of Palon Vertas. LadyWolf quickly adorned her armor and stuffed her pack with as much food and drink as she could. She had the sudden "need to find out what exactly was tugging at her mind, and her heart.

Lady set out, not knowing in her mind which way to go, but letting her soul lead her. Lady moved with an urgency that she could not explain. She did not see her surroundings, she was not really seeing anything, whatever was beckoning her was guiding her completely.

***LadyWolf's thoughts***

LadyWolf had never spent much time with her own kind, for she really didn't feel like she belonged. She had a few draegoni aquaintances, ut she had never stuck around long enough to try to feel accepted. She longed to be accepted by her people, but feared that once they learned she was now a "half" breed, that they would shun her.

(((on my way to meet some draegoni's..wish me luck!!)))

((Yep, your stuck with the gnome, Im heading home, I hope to find a lot of things done when I get back :P))

Edited by Brom