Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tanyia

Google Talk

Have any of you tried the new Google Talk? Personally, I love its simplicity-no AOL ads or MSN eye-candy-that-actually-sucks.

I tried their "calling"...I wish my husband and I had had it when we were talking over NetMeeting-it amazes me. :)

Just curious what ya'll think of it :P Google is my hero, you know :D:icon8:

I just can't stand the way AIM tries to open it's AIM Today window (Who cares about the crap they put there?) and plays obnoxious videos at the top that catch me offguard when my volume is turned up >_>

Personally, I think all the new MSN tricks and treats are just annoying :icon13: I have to admit though, I like the way MSN looks better than Google Talk.

For me, the only messenger I've removed for the sole reason of annoyance was Yahoo. Constant spam messages, the messenger itself was nothing AIM/MSN weren't, and I had no one talking to me over it - which if the spam wasn't thoroughly annoying, that would've done it.

ICQ was on my system for awhile once, but I had nobody on it to talk to - sheer lack of purpose spelled the end for it.

AIM and MSN are the only messengers I have now - personally, even if you take off the Today windows popping up on sign-in, I think both have too many bells and whistles to them - 4.7 was a much better version, for both of them. I'd still be using AIM 4.7 or 4.8 and MSN-Messenger 4.7 (or about there), if functionality hadn't demanded I upgrade. When certain features you need don't work anymore with version incompatabilities...

Maybe Google Talk will be cool.