Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cedox

MyMap

EDIT: Updated. Flickering should be removed now.

Stage 1 completed. Asking for appraisal.

Contains waterbanks, 2D tiles and height. Not sure how water walking height was to be done so I just made water height 0.

stage1.jpg

stage1_height.jpg

Map at:a1testi2.elm

Am I allowed to continue to next step or should I fix something like water for example.

- cedox

Edited by cedox

very nicely done, grats! =]

everything looks fine, just a few 2do flickerings you should look out for.

also, the part which crosses through the water to reach the small island, the heightmap should be lowered one or two heights....

other than that, looking great :blink:

keep it up! :P

EDIT: the best way to see if you have any 2do flickerings in your map is to disable the 3do & tile & heighmap visibility, zoom close up, no no tooo close, and fine-rotate the camera (shift+home/end)..

Edited by sisteMa`

very nicely done, grats! =]

Thanks :P Didn't notice those flickerings myself.. gotta tetracheck it again. Lowering the water walk height also. Continuing onto 3D decorations.

EDIT: I couldn't get test server set up and can't find any flickerings in map editor. What should [TAB] key do in map maker? It doesn't anything for me.

- Cedox

Edited by cedox

enable the heightmap view and press [Tab], it toggles the heights, one makes them just flat on the floor, the other takes the heightmap tile to the specific height.....

try rotating while having a pretty high tile and toggling, you'll see what I mean.

TAB when in hieght mode changes the tiles from ground level to actual hight and back again, apart from that i dont belive it does anything

TAB when in hieght mode changes the tiles from ground level to actual hight and back again, apart from that i dont belive it does anything

192006[/snapback]

Hmm okay thanks. And I also finally found out how to check flickering. It's again LEFT shift (right shift didn't work for lowering and rising the 2D tiles either)

- cedox

Hmm okay thanks. And I also finally found out how to check flickering. It's again LEFT shift (right shift didn't work for lowering and rising the 2D tiles either)

- cedox

192008[/snapback]

Right shift works for me. Maybe you should get a newer version of the editor.

Stage 2: 3D objects :axeman_rune:

Added the fun stuff. I couldn't find out how to make a cave door nor how to link any existing door to another map.

Here are the images and the link to the map file:

stage2.jpg

stage2_height.jpg

stage2_doorwhine.jpg

a1testi3.elm

Well Cedox, you don't necessarily have to have a portal on a test map.. :P

192091[/snapback]

Of course I would! :P I also necessarily want dragons there and flying ships and 32-bit colors and real life gold coin automat and... er. Well maybe not, but I guess it would be good to know how to do it Or is it again server sided stuff. Anyway I should know does it need to be certain object where the doorway is put or is there some invisible place or cube that is used for door.

Also note the island ain't quite ready yet, thought I'd need to add quite a lot of vegetation to make it look decent. But it's soon bedtime and no time nor will now for such a tedious work.

- cedox

Portals are also 3d objects. Programming the portal where to go is in the .def file (which you don't have to write for a test map) :P

looks good to me, and alot like my test map i sent in to become a mapmaker =P

and maybe we should have some .def testing for new mapmakers, cuz they are confusing as hell ><

looks good to me, and alot like my test map i sent in to become a mapmaker =P

and maybe we should have some .def testing for new mapmakers, cuz they are confusing as hell ><

192094[/snapback]

I don't think they are. :bow_arrow: They just require one helluva good memory to remember coordinates long enough to write down, or you waste time going back and checking the numbers again. :D I think that one is the harder problem.

That and the fact that .def files are just.. long. :mellow:

The map is good enough, you don't need to do/show more. Just send me a pm if you'd like to become a true mapmaker, and you can pick out a real game map :bow_arrow: