Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bethany

Hurrican KATrina is heading my way :shock:

Jk kat :0)

When it hit's it will will be going 143 mph with wind gust of 172 It will be a Catagory 4 as in (1-5). Needless to say we r leaving for quite a few days.

I live only two blocks from the mighty mississippi.

Have fun and be good!!! :P

No it's a 3 now, they say it "could" reach 4 status. It hit me as a 1, and did some nasty damage to the Ft.Lauderdale/Miami area. (I'm just north of Ft. Lauderdale). So taking it seriously is a good idea.

A Level 1 Hurricane shouldn't even challenge the most basic construction techniques. :P Although, it did one helluva bit of damage to trees and the like.

And the highest recorded (tornado, not hurricane, but still :icon13:) wind was written in at 318 mph. Don't get the idea that you folks can't survive it. :D Because you're more than capable of it. :icon13:

Best of luck to anyone in it's path. Just be sure to have a safe place to go if you don't move further inland. :mellow:

Edited by Daxon

In hurricanes, it's not actually the wind you have to worry about, but the rains. Flash floods are highly dangerous and do a lot more damage than the wind does, as I recall from my weather class.

Good luck to all those in the hurricane's path, and stay safe.

It's what's flying around in the wind that you have to worry about...

But you are right about the rain, in that most people killed in hurricanes drowned.

Hope that everyone weathered it safely and is able to quickly pick up any peices.

Stay safe down there and dont drink the water!

Well, Katrina (or what's left) has passed over my head now (in Ohio) ... locally, we had a bit of rain, some flooding, and a possible F-0 tornado with a bit of wind damage happen locally.

My prayers for the people who will have to rebuild now down south; it's gonna be tough, but people are amazing - they always seem to pick up the pieces and start over in the worst times.

well it will be quite a few weeks before i get to go home :(

My neibores tree fell in my front yard and pulled the wires out of my house :angry:

I can't play eterlands for a while <_<

Yes the city is destoryed but they will rebuild. :D \

hope to play the game soon and see u guys again.

Bethany

I live on the westbank, (on the other side of neworleans) 10 min away. my house did not flood so don't worry, just pray for all those people family who did not make it. :cry:

Edited by Bethany

i heard in TV that before reaching Texas and Miami, it was a hurricane 5 and went down to 4 then 3. Good to hear that your all safe guys :-)