• muslim
    • jewish
    • shinto
    • budism
    • hinduism
    • pagan
    • other
    • I'm not religous

kendai, i have taken some martial arts. twi kwan do (not sure of the spelling) is one i took legelly and another one well lets just say you wear a black suit and get to throw stuff :P

but when i was in the second one i learned a little about meditation and can say without a dought that it is not from god but from the devil.

the biblical meditation means to think about God's word.take John 3:16 for example and think about it for minutes/hours/day that is my understanding of biblical meditation.

btw this site has a movie on it and i ain't seen it all yet but it is pretty interesting and has some kool facts in it. enjoy :D

http://creationists.org/countdown_to_eternity/english.html

btw if you accept stuff into your own faith that ain't there to begin with then that is adding to and compromising your faith

god has been letting me know that the end is near for sometime now..

and has been giving me verses from the bible and i have been having some dreams come true... I.E. i usually open the bible and read what ever verse/chapter it falls open to during the day... imagine my surprise when it falls open to 1 timothy 1:18-20 about 3 to 5 times in a row. enjoy the site :)

Edited by jrritter31984

Knew I shouldn't have gotten personally involved in this topic... well, I'm being rebuked, and I know why too. Tell you what: I'll look into what you've shown me, and I'll make my own decision about the matter. I won't say anything more on my own faith until I can figure out what I believe in again, I'll go back to adding what little history and knowledge I know to the topic. Thanks for the opportunity and inspiration, though. :P

EDIT: 101 end time prophicies and they are coming true as we speak  http://www.harpazo.net/101/List.html

193610[/snapback]

Hmm... the current version of EL is 1.0.1... EEK! The End Times are coming to EL!

jk, I hope.

Just wanted to add something to what Kendai/ritter said:

-Yes, there is a biblical meditation, which while can be similar to the meditations of other religions, could be best said as spending "quiet time" in prayer with God. Note in the New Testament, Jesus did this quite often; even in the Old Testament, some of the prophets/leaders/common people did the same.

jrritter31984

I've got to say that that's a fairly Narrow-minded view of things and All I can say is that I whole-heartedly disagree. I mean, how is one to determine the vaility of the word of one person without studying the words of others? And when you do Learn something that contridicts the word of one, how are you to determine what is true besides listening to your own Heart and Reason? You should never let another person or persons to tell you what you should believe or that you are wrong for following your own Philosophy.

But, you're right in one degree. It is very wrong to just "add" to another preconceived Religion . You'll only end up confusing yourself. One cannot Practise a Set of Doctrine while at the same time violating it. The purpose of Religion is to Live by a Predetermined Idea of Right or Wrong and Lives by a Strict Doctrine that, once changed, the whole meaning of the Doctrine changes.

And That's why I've abandoned any form of Organized Religion in my search for the "Truth". When I learn something new, I add that to my own personal beliefs and Philosophy but will I never betray myself so much so to say that I follow another's Beliefs and Philosophy or to confine myself or my personal Growth by those Beliefs and Philosophies.

P.S. As someone who understands the Concept of Meditation, I have to inform you that Meditation is neither Of God nor is it Of the Devil. If it is to be said that is it of anything, I'd have to say that it is Of Yourself since your own soul is where you'll most likely find God, not in some old Book! Meditation enables you to shed all outside influances, reather Negative or Positive, to get down to the most simplest Basics of your Mind, Body, and Spirit. And from that point you can Manage and Order yourself while free from any distractions. Through Meditation you can contemplate everything you know and everything you've learnt and, free from the constant Push and Pull of the Tug-o-War that is most often being played with your Mind and Soul by others, you are better able to make informed and insightful decisons by listening to a clear and unstressed Mind. I personally believe that more people should, in fact, take 10 mins or more out of their lives and Practise Meditiation regardless of their personal Religious Beliefs. Purhaps then far less people these days would be so stressed out and Border-line Psychotic.

To listen to others is to Learn. To listen to yourself is to Know!

Edited by Kami

*wonders if anyone knows who had the bible compiled in the first place...* (Hint: it isnt king james!)

[cough]Constantine in 312 AD converted to Christianity and summoned the Council of Nicea in 325, which was the first real meeting to determine what would constitute as orthodox doctrine. Numerous other councils would follow this, eventually to form the New Testament of the Bible. In the 370s, St. Jerome translated the scriptures into Latin from the original Hebrew and Greek texts.[/cough]

jrritter31984

I've got to say that that's a fairly Narrow-minded view of things and All I can say is that I whole-heartedly disagree. I mean, how is one to determine the vaility of the word of one person without studying the words of others? And when you do Learn something that contridicts the word of one, how are you to determine what is true besides listening to your own Heart and Reason? You should never let another person or persons to tell you what you should believe or that you are wrong for following your own Philosophy.

But, you're right in one degree. It is very wrong to just "add" to another preconceived Religion . You'll only end up confusing yourself. One cannot Practise a Set of Doctrine while at the same time violating it. The purpose of Religion is to Live by a Predetermined Idea of Right or Wrong and Lives by a Strict Doctrine that, once changed, the whole meaning of the Doctrine changes.

And That's why I've abandoned any form of Organized Religion in my search for the "Truth". When I learn something new, I add that to my own personal beliefs and Philosophy but will I never betray myself so much so to say that I follow another's Beliefs and Philosophy or to confine myself or my personal Growth by those Beliefs and Philosophies.

P.S. As someone who understands the Concept of Meditation, I have to inform you that Meditation is neither Of God nor is it Of the Devil. If it is to be said that is it of anything, I'd have to say that it is Of Yourself since your own soul is where you'll most likely find God, not in some old Book! Meditation enables you to shed all outside influances, reather Negative or Positive, to get down to the most simplest Basics of your Mind, Body, and Spirit. And from that point you can Manage and Order yourself while free from any distractions. Through Meditation you can contemplate everything you know and everything you've learnt and, free from the constant Push and Pull of the Tug-o-War that is most often being played with your Mind and Soul by others, you are better able to make informed and insightful decisons by listening to a clear and unstressed Mind. I personally believe that more people should, in fact, take 10 mins or more out of their lives and Practise Meditiation regardless of their personal Religious Beliefs. Purhaps then far less people these days would be so stressed out and Border-line Psychotic.

you are intitled to agree or dissagree that is your choice.

i heard/read something weeks ago.

aithest (not sure of the spelling) call christians narrow

minded and they call themselves free thinkers.. Yet they never

stop to take a look at what christians believe..

while christians on the other hand have looked at both sides

and chosen which side they want to be on..and are therefore

the real free thinkers...there is some people who will say

that Jesus christ never rose from the dead...we only have

about a dozen or so written records to prove aristotal

(greek philosophier) was alive.. yet we have written records

and around 500 people saw jesus after he rose from the dead...

we have more proof of jesus raising from the dead then we do

of aristotal being alive..

And That's why I've abandoned any form of Organized Religion in my search for the "Truth".

in John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

and if you read my last few posts you would have read that i understood meditation as well since i praticed it for awhile and can say without a shadow of a dought that it is from satan because you empty your mind and allow satan and his demons to enter and take control of you (hence spirit guides is what they call themselves sometimes)

I personally believe that more people should, in fact, take 10 mins or more out of their lives and Practise Meditiation regardless of their personal Religious Beliefs.

why don't you take 10 minutes out of your meditation and read the bible sometime it would surprise you.... i have been a christian since december 5 2004 @ 9:30pm

and every time i read the bible something i never knew still surprises me like in

Job 28:5 As for the earth, out of it cometh bread: and under it is turned up as it were fire.

now take a map that shows the layers of the earth and look at it and tell me what the center of the earth is like.. is it like water? like air? like fire??

how can job know this thousands of years ago and science has just found it out decades ago? the only logical and truthful answer is that god told job.

people have been trying to prove that the bible is wrong since it was first written thousands of years ago.. yet every prophicy in it has/is coming true and not one single person has been able to prove it wrong not one...

Jeremiah 17:9

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; Who can know it?"

you say look inside your self.. well that is what i have done for years and all it caused me is getting kicked out of college almost getting in serious troble with the law.. i lied, i stolen, i have broken almost every law and because of all that i was working a dead end job with hardly $10 in my wallet after every paycheck and that was while i still meditated.. but now since i got saved and have jesus as my lord and savior i have a good high paying job. i am not in trouble with the law anymore, i no longer lie or steal or break any laws, and i am going back to the same college that kicked me out and it is as if it is my first time there no teacher/priciple asked me to come in to have a talk, i just filled out the paper work and they let me back in as if i have never broken any of their rules, and right now i have over $50 in my wallet from my paycheck 3 weeks ago,, it might not be exciting to you but considering i only had $10 at the most after every paycheck while i was meditating and now that i am a christian i have over $50 in my wallet after 3 weeks that in itself is a miricale from God..

btw i think you only posted because you want a flame war..

@Wytter post on page 2... I believe that if there is a God, she would have putten what you should believe and the right answers in inside you.

first off.. God is a he because in the bible god is never refured to as a she but only as a he.. and god did put his laws in your heart but you don't follow them.. I.E do you lie? cheat? steal? everyone has and have broken god's law the 10 commandmets.

every socity has rules based on the 10 commandments weather they know it or not..

I.E. don't steal, don't kill, ect ect,, now some make exceptions like you can't kill your tribe but you can kill your enemys and the same goes for lieing ect ect..

now some people say the bible is edited by man.. 2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

if it is in the bible it is from god.. god just used man to keep out all the false docture

I.E. reincarnation, jesus being married, ect ect

and from what i just said in this post i know i have stepped on many toes and there is going to be a flame war.

because people don't want the truth which is that man is sinful and going to hell but god gave his son jesus to die for us and take away our sins if only we will repent (do a 180 turn) and start following him. and that man's good works will not get him to heaven but only thru jesus will you get to heaven. there is no other way but thru jesus christ the son of god who came and died and rose from the dead so that we may have life and have it more abundently.

Romans 3:23

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us

Romans 10:9,10 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

jesus is the only way to god, if you want to be saved just ask jesus to forgive you and save you and he will. he gave a promise and he has never broken his promises

this is a promise to all who ask jesus to forgive them

Romans 10:13

for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

because of this post i may be banned but 'oh well' better to be banned doing god's will then for bagjumping/scamming :P:brooding:

Edited by jrritter31984

[cough]Constantine in 312 AD converted to Christianity and summoned the Council of Nicea in 325, which was the first real meeting to determine what would constitute as orthodox doctrine. Numerous other councils would follow this, eventually to form the New Testament of the Bible. In the 370s, St. Jerome translated the scriptures into Latin from the original Hebrew and Greek texts.[/cough]

194247[/snapback]

very good! except 1 part. he was a known pagan and only baptized under protest before his death. simply put it was a political move (he was just betting on a winning horse).

First, allow me to quote:

btw i think you only posted because you want a flame war..

194809[/snapback]

By all means, quite the opposite. As anyone who knows me would know, I love to talk. I'm a Philosopher Through and through and I welcome any discussion that allows for further Understanding and Wisdom. You just happen to have opened the Can of Worms.

Now, on with the show.

atheist (not sure of the spelling) call Christians narrow-minded and they call themselves free thinkers.. Yet they never stop to take a look at what Christians believe..

while I will agree that most often, those who call themselves Atheists are often a most pigheaded and stubborn group, I hardly seeing very much distinction between them and the Religious. After all, Atheists just follow the same common human Trait of Believing only in which they are most comfortable. By denying something, they feel that they don't have to have to face it. But in all honesty, the same can often be said of the Religious. They Deny everything except what they are most comfortable believing.

while Christians on the other hand have looked at both sides

and chosen which side they want to be on

This, unfortunately, is not always the case. As with most things in life, I'll draw upon my own upbringing to tell you a story.

You see, I grew up in a Very strict Christian Family. 4 Hours of Church every Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. My uncle is a Preacher and every Member of my Family worked at the Church. The whole Lot. We weren't allowed to pursue anything that wasn't "Church Approved." We were Told what to Read, What to Watch, What to believe, and what we Knew. Our whole Lives were dictated by my Families beliefs. We had little choice in the matter.

My only Saving Grace was that we were Poor. If not for that, I would have been stuck in a Private School. At School, I was exposed to so much that my family kept hidden from me. When I discovered that the School had Books about subjects that I could never even imagine, I ended up spending almost every free minute there reading everything from Science Fiction to Philosophy to Poetry to Other Religions. I felt Cheated! So much to Learn and so many years wasted! I knew everything about Jesus and God and the Bible Yet, I knew Nothing!

When I Hit my Rebellious Teenage years, I couldn't take it any more. I had so much in my mind and no way to understand it all with and Family that couldn't understand me and a Church that called me Wrong, a Heretic, Even Perverse! I just could not live in such a Stifling Atmosphere! I had to leave the Church. I couldn't take that much Blatant Ignorance any more.

And I've never Regretted it once! And now, Even my family has became amazingly Tolerant to me. They allow me to peruse my own way and even they've started to follow in suit, although My Mother still likes to Preach to me every now and then.

So no my friend. We all don't always have the freedom to be free Thinkers. Not until we actually abandon all preconceived Notions that we know everything and Set out on our Voyage of Truth free from the forces others who try to steer of ship for us!

there is some people who will say that Jesus Christ never rose from the dead...we only have about a dozen or so written records to prove Aristotle (Greek philosophier) was alive.. yet we have written records and around 500 people saw jesus after he rose from the dead...we have more proof of jesus raising from the dead then we do of Aristotle being alive..

So, in the attempt to battle against those who question your beliefs with faulty reasoning, you attempt to use the same faulty reasoning?

Aristotle was Aristotle. He lived long ago. He was known as a great Philosopher. There is much we don't Know about him other then what we read and what others tell us. Much we do know could possibly be just Myth. I not saying that it is but we just don't know.

Jesus was Jesus. He lived Long ago. He was also known as a great Philosopher as well as a Humanitarian and an overall great guy. There is also much we don't Know about him other then what we read and what others tell us. And like anything that can be obscured by the Sands of time, We just don't know the while truth. The "Whole Truth" including that what we except to be Truth really is true.

(By the Way, Just as many people came from all around to listen to Aristotle Speak as did People who came to listen to Jesus Speak. Records of someone's existence doesn't prove that that person existed nearly as much as the effect that that Person had on the would around them.)

I wouldn't get into a Debate on the facts when I do not know all the facts nor do I believe you do either. Whether or not Aristotle really lived isn't much of a issue since, to our best knowledge, such a Person by that name once Lived. Anymore then that can be argued for eternity until proof is otherwise given. But until that Proof is displayed, we are left with few choices. One choice is Blind faith. I could Blinding believe that Aristotle was real and really was a great Philosopher but is that really true? I don't know. Personally, I Like my way much better. I will continue to question everything and Everybody. I will never devote my Heart and Mind to an idea that, to me at least, is flawed. I will continue to Learn, not only to expand my Knowledge but also to maintain my Wisdom.

in John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

So, you believe that because.......?

and if you read my last few posts you would have read that i understood meditation as well since i praticed it for awhile and can say without a shadow of a dought that it is from satan because you empty your mind and allow satan and his demons to enter and take control of you (hence spirit guides is what they call themselves sometimes)

If you've been conversing with daemons, Apparently you've been doing something wrong (and I'd love to know what it was.) Demons can only enter your head when you allow them entry. Empting one's mind doesn't mean you end up with an Empty head. With a Clear and Ordered Mind, you disallow anything to intrude on your conscious. In fact, With your Mind Clear of the Chaos that surrounds you in your daily life, you can better "Clean out the House" and Demons and evils and those nasty little quiet Voices that you can only hear with your sub-conscious suddenly have nowhere to "Hide" in the deep recesses of your mind.

It's said that they are always demons within us all. The problem is that once they get well hidden in the Shadows of your mind, you often don't bother to look for them. That's when they start telling you things and giving you ideas. And because they're hidden so well, you often mistake them for your own thoughts.

That's the True use for Meditation. To get to know what's truly you and not just the Echoes of others. That's why I said that Meditation is "Of yourself." You use it to "Maintain" your Spirit, not to Create or Influence it. Yes, there are those who have learned to use Meditation to follow other, highly dangerous Paths, such as Touching the Spiritual World. But such utilizations are never wise and are Never the truest and purest use for Meditation and should never be confused as being the same thing.

Meditation Is not "Of the Devil." The truth is, not a whole lot really is. It's just that the Devil (for lack of a better word) has Usurped much that was never meant to be used for Darker Purposes. But Men are Inventive and have found many ways to help the Evil in us all.

why don't you take 10 minutes out of your meditation and read the bible sometime it would surprise you.... i have been a Christian since december 5 2004 @ 9:30pm

and every time i read the bible something i never knew still surprises me like in

Read it. Done with it. On to something better.

now take a map that shows the layers of the earth and look at it and tell me what the center of the earth is like.. is it like water? like air? like fire??

how can job know this thousands of years ago and science has just found it out decades ago? the only logical and truthful answer is that god told job.

people have been trying to prove that the bible is wrong since it was first written thousands of years ago.. yet every prophecy in it has/is coming true and not one single person has been able to prove it wrong not one...

What? you don't think is possible that Job dug there and learned it for himself?

There is a lot that has been said and a lot has been done. Divine Prophecy or Coincidence? Like I said, I wouldn't debate Facts when I do not yet know all the facts. That's why I pursue my own way in my pursuit of the Truth. Truth is Truth, no matter what way you spin it. If the Truth I find turns out to be the same "Truth" that is written in the Bible then No Harm, No Foul! Just because I took the Long way to reach the same Truth as you doesn't mean that I would of been wrong.

But, If I do reach a different Truth then you and through all of My Knowledge and My Wisdom I deem it to be The Truth, Well then, I guess only time will tell which of us is correct. Either Way, I will continue on my chosen Path and, so Long as I never betray myself or Loss my way, I will Die content in knowing that at Least I tried and somehow I Honestly doubt that God (if there is truly a God) will really disapprove of me trying to Grow and Learn beyond the Limits set forth by others in his name when I really have no reason to even believe that that was really his/Her/it's true Intention. I Truly believe that God intended so much more for us. If not then why did he even let Adam and Eve eat the apple? Why did he give us free choice?

Jeremiah 17:9

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; Who can know it?"

you say look inside your self.. well that is what i have done for years and all it caused me is getting kicked out of college almost getting in serious troble with the law.. i lied, i stolen, i have broken almost every law and because of all that i was working a dead end job with hardly $10 in my wallet after every paycheck and that was while i still meditated.. but now since i got saved and have jesus as my lord and savior i have a good high paying job. i am not in trouble with the law anymore, i no longer lie or steal or break any laws, and i am going back to the same college that kicked me out and it is as if it is my first time there no teacher/priciple asked me to come in to have a talk, i just filled out the paper work and they let me back in as if i have never broken any of their rules, and right now i have over $50 in my wallet from my paycheck 3 weeks ago,, it might not be exciting to you but considering i only had $10 at the most after every paycheck while i was meditating and now that i am a christian i have over $50 in my wallet after 3 weeks that in itself is a miricale from God..

I really do feel Sorry for you Son.

I've got 99 Problems but a B**ch ain't one.

Sorry. That just popped into my head.

Look, I can see you've had your rough areas. So have we all. I can see you credit your Religion for you turning your life around. We all have our problems and we all find the best way for ourselves to make it through them. I can say that I turned my Life around by Forgoing mine. I followed my Heart and I used my Mind and I like where I am very much, though my life ain't perfect but I doubt anyone's is. Maybe your heart was telling you something that you just didn't understand. Maybe you made the mistake of confusing your Heart with your Mind's Desires. I couldn't say. All that I know is what I know of myself.

I truly believe that your heart is the most Trustful voice you have (in anything except for love). Your Mind is, in fact, the most deceitful as it will tell you what it wants you to know even though it is the most important tool you have. Only when your Heart and Mind and Spirit all work as one will you achieve full understanding but when these Three do not work in unison and bicker and each Pull you in different direction, you lose your way. In all of us, these Three fight for control of us and all three desire something different. What they don't know though is that on their own, they are weak and petty and can never do on their own that which take all three. Only when you can align them and get them all to work for what you desire most will they fulfill their greatest potential.

And I know this wasn't directed to me but I feel I most comment:

first off.. God is a he because in the bible god is never refured to as a she but only as a he..

This goes so much of the problems with following a Doctrine. How can one put complete faith in to something that they read or and Told without first either confirming or refuting it's validity for yourself.

To believe something to be fact just because a Book tells you so faulty logic. To believe what that Book tells you to be true requires authentication or Proof that what that books tells you is true.

I once asked someone a Question like this about rather something in the Bible was true or not. That person said "Yes. Of course it is." I then asked, "How do you know." That person answered, "Because it says it is in the Bible." I then asked, "Well, how do I know that the Bible is Correct?" She answered, "Because the Bible says it is."

So, The Bible's correct because the Bible says it's correct.......... Anyone else see the Error in this logic? Reminds me a lot of Locking your keys in your car. You can't unlock the car door without first getting the keys yet you can't get the Keys until you unlock the door. Not a truly accurate Analogy but that's just what popped into my head.

And, as that conversion proved to me, you cannot take the word of another as fact when that other person is likely incorrect themselves.

My point is, the Bible may or may not be an accurate source of facts but the Bible itself is not a valid source for confirmation of itself. Until the Bible can be confirmed or denied as an accurate source from which to draw my beliefs and Faith, it must first be confirmed as accurate first. If that takes Jesus descending from Heaven before my eyes just to Tell me that Every Single Word of the Bible is 100% true, then so be it but until then, I will take the Bible for as a See it: A Valuable work of Litature will a lot of Wisdom to share but no where near worth my interest as a Doctrine to live my life.

P.s. The Debate whether or not god is Male or Female is kind of moot. For God to me "Male", it would require him to be Phyiscally Male. It's kind of like the debate on whether or not Adam and Eve had a Belly-Button. (Think about it.) As to my belief, if there is a God, most likely It's either neither or Both. Even if God has a "Mascaline" Personality, it doesn't really mean that God's necessarily a Man.

now some people say the bible is edited by man.. 2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

if it is in the bible it is from god.. god just used man to keep out all the false docture

I.E. reincarnation, jesus being married, ect ect

Oh, here's a thought. Ever wonder if that was just something somebody just put there as so that nobody would could behind them and question their rewrite?

Anyway, You may quote the Bible however much as you wish yet know this; It's is not proof of what you say is true. As a complete "Free Thinker," I could question and Doubt everything you may quote as "Proof" simply because I know that only with a health dose of Skeptism and only by knowing that one truly knows nothing will one be able to shed the scales from their eyes and cast a Light to dispel any Lies and Hoaxes that may be disguising the Truth. Only one the Lies are dispersed will any Truth lay revealed. Or, in other words, the only way you can prove something to be true is not to Spew Dogma but to try to refute anything that contradicts it.

If God's a Man, go up there, hitch up his Togo and have a Look for yourself!

Edited by Kami

from what i understand from what you wrote you where once a christian but chose to go a different way (free thinker even tho it was wrong)

and i know quite a few people who meditate I.E. my ex-ninjitsu instructor

and every person that meditats has a so called spirit guide they may not always call themselves but in all reality they are demons.. and some of the people i knew that did not have a spirit guide when i first talked to them. they have one now.. because they weasel thier way into you and you can't resist or fight them. not unless you have the armor of god but only christians have that.

my ex-martial arts teacher once sent them after me to spy on me but god let me see them with my eyes and i was no closer then 5 feet from one and it's eyes where like black baseballs.. and i said "i trust you jesus" and that "spirit guide" ran away..

you call jesus and i quote "a great Philosopher as well as a Humanitarian and an overall great guy" end quote.

that is the same thing satan calls him

but i call Jesus the Christ, the son of god, my Lord and Savior who came and died for the sins of mankind but who most of mankind will reject..

on a side note what denomination where your parents... because from what you said i think they were just trying to protect you from the bad stuff that is in this world..

btw, after family reunion i was driving home and fell asleep at the wheel and i woke up completly about 30 minutes which is 20 miles later and i was about 1.5 miles from my parents house and i was asleep at the wheel but i got home with out a singel wreck and i woke up for 1 second every 5 minutes or so on that 30 minutes and from what i seen i obeyed all traffic laws and never hit a car in front of me or anything.. and i know that it was by god's grace that i got home safely and did not have a car wreck I.E. hit a car, drive into a ditch ect

it was like god had his hand on the steering wheel and on the gas and brake pedals and just guiding me home safely..

i was also raised in a christian home but my parents were not a strict as yours..

i kind of wish they were because if they were and i would have listened to them it would have saved me alot of hurt and heart ache

qoute "But, If I do reach a different Truth then you and through all of My Knowledge and My Wisdom I deem it to be The Truth, Well then, I guess only time will tell which of us is correct. Either Way, I will continue on my chosen Path and, so Long as I never betray myself or Loss my way" end quote

that sounds just like what some of my muslims friends say... exspecially the part about only time will tell which one of us is correct..

the truth is once you die you will spend eternity in heaven or hell there is no middle ground and no changing your mind after you die. god gives you plenty of time on this earth to make a decision whether it is a good decision or bad. even if you die tomorow you would have still had time while you where alive to make a decision..

the choice is yours ...chose wisely

i all i ask is that you read the bible and read it in context and don't just read 1 verse/chapter and throw it away but read it and give it a chance just like you do your meditation then in a month or so tell me what you think..

btw read: hebrews6: 4-6 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

Um, excuse me? Christians are open-minded because they've seen both sides?

Both sides, meaning both Catholic and Protestant, right? Oh, good, for a minute, I thought you meant that all Christians have been exposed to the practices and beliefs of all religions from Buddhism to Zoroastrianism.

Oh, wait! That is what you were saying? My mistake.

Tell you what, if you can tell me the person responsible for modern witchcraft, the name of the person who created Gardnerian Wicca (Hint, it's kind of obvious), the name of the Sumerian Moon Goddess, and whether Buddha was fat or skinny, without searching of any kind (those are things anybody who's even done so much as read the syllabus of a comparative religions course would know), then I'll believe you.

But I'll tell you something else. Do you realize how many questions and dirty looks you can get for wearing a pentagram, or even a Celtic knot, in public?

"*gasp* OMG ITS SATAN SYMBOL RUN AWAY BEFORE IT EATS YOUR BABIES!"

...The power of christ does not compell me. Please remove your cross from my forehead.

Gerald Gardner - his personal notes about what a witch could do to a person practicing "High Magic" were interesting to read. They were in the handed down copy of his BoS. I read it afer I got a copy from the Queen after my 3rd. But more interesting was looking into Old George and the 9 covens, where Gardner got initiated, and how the information was shared among them.

I have seen the spirit world as few others and you know what after seeing the most powerful spirit of all I am now a very thankful God called me with The Holy Spirit and through Jesus' sacrifice I am part of the eternal family.

kala i am sick of this argument it is as old as the bible

and when i said that christians seen both sides it seems to me that you don't understand that.

christians have seen both satan's and god's side and have chosen god. while most people who see satan's and god's side chose satan.

christians have at least given god a chance and have not been sorry.

(satan's side: athiesim, buddist, islam, wicca, ect)

(god's side: christian it doesn't matter the denomination weather baptist or methidist, catholic or protestant as long as you have Jesus Christ as your lord and savior you are christian no matter the denomination)

kala this will proboly be one of the last posts that i post in responce to your blatent lies and attacks on the christian faith.

so i will be the grown-up for both of us.

and not get into a deeper and pointless arguement with you since it is obvious that you have no desire for the truth and facts.

John 14:6

notice that Jesus said THE Way, Truth, and Life and not A way, truth, life

Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven.

you can't get there with good works, islam, athiesism, buddisim, satanism, ect

but only thru jesus can you get to heaven.

it is a plain and simple fact

Proverbs 1:22

"You simpletons!" she cries. "How long will you go on being simpleminded? How long will you mockers relish your mocking? How long will you fools fight the facts?

the "she" in this verse is refering to Wisdom.

Proverbs 20:3

Avoiding a fight is a mark of honor; only fools insist on quarreling

2 Timothy 2:23

Again I say, don't get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights.

Titus 3:9

Do not get involved in foolish discussions about spiritual pedigrees or in quarrels and fights about obedience to Jewish laws. These kinds of things are useless and a waste of time.

titus 3:9 can also be applied to other religions as well (buddist, islam,ect)

Luke 12:15-21

Then he said, "Beware! Don't be greedy for what you don't have. Real life is not measured by how much we own."

And he gave an illustration: "A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. In fact, his barns were full to overflowing. So he said, `I know! I'll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I'll have room enough to store everything. And I'll sit back and say to myself, My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!'

"But God said to him, `You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get it all?'

"Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God."

Proverbs 14:8

The wise look ahead to see what is coming, but fools deceive themselves.

Proverbs 12:23

Wise people don't make a show of their knowledge, but fools broadcast their folly

Jesus said in Matthew 7:24-27

"Anyone who listens to my teaching and obeys me is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse, because it is built on rock. But anyone who hears my teaching and ignores it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will fall with a mighty crash."

so my final questions to you kala and to you the reader is "what will you do with the truth and knowledge that is in the bible? and What will you do with the one called Jesus the Christ?" chose wisely because the eternal destination of your soul is at stake.

For one, a debate lesson would tell you that you do not use the Bible as proof of the Bible.

For another, you are not being an "adult" by spewing things about your religion, telling everybody they're wrong, and then putting your fingers in your ears and saying "lalalalalalalalalalala" while they're making a retort.

And third, how can you say with such conviction that EVERY religion known to man other than Christianity is Satanic and evil? Buddhism doesn't even have a God. Wicca has a lot of Gods, and none of those are evil, and in most cases, they're not even worshipped. Atheists are Satan worshippers? Excuse me, but Atheists have no God. They don't worship anything. They're neutral. Oh wait, you can't "straddle the fence" right? Of course not.

How about this: All Christians are worshipping a cruel, sadistic God that sends people to be tortured for eternity because they don't agree with his methods.

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.

How's that?

I'm going to regret getting into this, but I'm in a debating mood. I don't want to sound angry, I'm just stating my opinions in a friendly way. If you don't like them, that's ok. I still respect your beliefs even though I don't agree with a lot of them, so I hope that you will do the same for me ;)

you call jesus and i quote "a great Philosopher as well as a Humanitarian and an overall great guy" end quote.

that is the same thing satan calls him

but i call Jesus the Christ, the son of god, my Lord and Savior who came and died for the sins of mankind but who most of mankind will reject..

Jesus said that the ones who actually practice his teachings will be saved. Not the ones who go around crying "Lord, Lord!" and never actually putting into practice his teachings about loving your neighbour and so on. No, I don't claim to be perfect at following those teachings, either.

the truth is once you die you will spend eternity in heaven or hell there is no middle ground and no changing your mind after you die. god gives you plenty of time on this earth to make a decision whether it is a good decision or bad. even if you die tomorow you would have still had time while you where alive to make a decision..

What about the people who never heard of Jesus and God's "plan of salvation"? What about the people who grew up in a strongly anti-christian culture? It's REALLY hard to shake off what you were taught as a kid, I know this from personal experience. Doesn't it seem unfair if God puts some people in a family where they hear the Bible nonstop, and others in a strongly anti-christian family? That doesn't sound like "giving everyone plenty of time on earth to make a decision" to me...

Also, don't you think that God would rather have someone be an atheist out of geniune disbelief rather than believe in God out of fear?

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear."

- Thomas Jefferson

i all i ask is that you read the bible and read it in context

Context is VERY important indeed. Make sure that you do the same.

kala this will proboly be one of the last posts that i post in responce to your blatent lies and attacks on the christian faith.

and not get into a deeper and pointless arguement with you since it is  obvious  that you have no desire for the truth and facts.

Did Jesus ever belittle people and make personal attacks on them? Didn't think so.

Do not get involved in foolish discussions about spiritual pedigrees or in quarrels and fights about obedience to Jewish laws. These kinds of things are useless and a waste of time.

True. Obsessing over the "letter of the law", every single arbitrary rule (as most "christians" seem to do today), while forgetting about the "spirit of the law", the universal idea that we should "love our neighbours as ourselves", and so on (as Jesus himself said, lest you accuse me of preaching nothing but ebul, satanic ideas) is indeed a counterproductive waste of time.

Wise people don't make a show of their knowledge, but fools broadcast their folly.

Aren't you yourself "making a show of your knowledge"?

Again, I don't intend to flame, sorry if anything came across that way. Once again, I RESPECT your beliefs even if I don't agree with them, and I am in no way claiming to know everything. I'm stating my opinions.

BTW I have a HORRIBLE way with words, so before flaming me, ask for clarification on what I said to see if I got my real point across, or just a badly worded version of it.

Edited by Ciara

Ciara: I actually agree with what you've said, about practicing Christianity, not just claiming it. And the part of reason and intellect too.

Jrritter: I want you to consider this verse:

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Temper your arguments wisely and with the love of Christ, if you speak in His name.

Kala:

How about this: All Christians are worshipping a cruel, sadistic God that sends people to be tortured for eternity because they don't agree with his methods.

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.

How's that?

195103[/snapback]

I will not argue that Christianity may seem that way from the words of many a "Christian", who has spoken of God so that He would seem that way. I won't even begrudge you for thinking that way, if the only contact you had with Christianity has been such "Christians" - after all, even Ghandi said, "I would have been a Christian, were it not for Christians.

What I must take offense to is you blatantly declaring one of the biggest lies about God as if it were true, just to win an argument. What proof do you have that God is angry, wrathful, and sadistic, just to make people to follow Him?

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

I wasn't trying to win any argument. It's a stupid point, if you can even call it a point. I was trying to show how ridiculous it is to just say that something is wrong, and then not listen when somebody else tries to disprove that theory, which is exactly what so many people do.

I'm sick of watching Christians get into arguments with everybody else, because when someone says something that offends them or hurts their feelings, they skip bothering to come up with something remotely original and jump into spewing quotes from a book that they base their lives on. If I based my life on The Anarchists' Cookbook, then how do you think I would turn out?

I cannot stand watching religious debates, because everybody else spends so much time trying to make themselves not seem like evil people to Christians, but somehow, Christians cannot seem to give a damn about anything they say, and continue to persecute everybody who does not worship the same God they do, and shun them from society, only to say "I'll pray for you."

It's stupid, and pisses me off as much as "I know you are, but what am I?"

It's good that jritter is not "arguing" anymore. It's not like he did anything but fuel the fire.

What I must take offense to is you blatantly declaring one of the biggest lies about God as if it were true, just to win an argument. What proof do you have that God is angry, wrathful, and sadistic, just to make people to follow Him?

bombs and satan..

Jesus said: love everyone no matter what..

so you cant get mad right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

christians have seen both satan's and god's side and have chosen god. while most people who see satan's and god's side chose satan.

christians have at least given god a chance and have not been sorry.

so how does God and satan look like dude? describe in pm and lets find another christian too who can describe them in pm and compare them.. i mean if your christian you have seen satan and god you say..

oh and christians gave god a chance?? LoL i thought God made christians...

and not get into a deeper and pointless arguement with you since it is obvious that you have no desire for the truth and facts.

why is it that you post a quote of the bible then?

this is why you are going on...

titus 3:9 can also be applied to other religions as well (buddist, islam,ect)

so why say buddism, islam etc ppl are satan worshippers..

Wise people don't make a show of their knowledge, but fools broadcast their folly

i see.. thats why you are quoting (bible?) stuff on a forum..

2 Timothy 2:23

Again I say, don't get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights.

again, youre in a fight right now arnt you? omg your dont stick to rulez your satan worshipper!!! :omg::P you go to hell!! eternity tortured you shal be!!

dude this is crap right? guess why i posted it? yeah i know you know..

this is growing long (can be lots longer) but its late im tired.. dude really.. you could probably guess what i think right now

P.S.

If I based my life on The Anarchists' Cookbook, then how do you think I would turn out?

yea i believe in Harry Potter, he is always with me, high in the skys on his broomstick. i believe in him otherwise lord voldemort will get me (LV) :omg:

Edited by Spruit

Ruthgar - who/what is the queen?

Ciara- i agree with you on pratice what you preach.. it is just that kala called jesus a good man and i was clearing it up on who i believe he is. btw thanks also for your kind/hard words at the end of your post :(

Ciara- Quote What about the people who never heard of Jesus and God's "plan of salvation"? End Quote

from your last few posts it sounds to me like you are a christian if not then let me know.

but the answer to your question is "the Great Commision" Go into all the world and preach the gospel.. if someone has not heard the gospel yet it is because it is our (christians) fault for not going into all the world and preaching it just like jesus said.. and i know i have failed in this most/almost all the time.

Arnieman- thank you for your hard/kind words i was getting so frustrated (mad/angry) at kala for turning everything i said around that i may have missed the real point most of the time and seemed like a male donkey (ain't going to say the cuss word for it :( ) :)

Spruit - God said "Hate the sin but Love the sinner

Quote from your last post so how does God and satan look like dude? describe in pm and lets find another christian too who can describe them in pm and compare them.. i mean if your christian you have seen satan and god you say.. End Quote

that is not what i said at all.. what i said was "christians have seen both satan's and god's side and have chosen god. while most people who see satan's and god's side chose satan." i said Side as in what they had to say/teach.... not seen god and satan with eyes. tho i have seen demons at least 3 times in my life. on my way home from college, on the road to my house, at me first job. and no the demon at my first job was not my boss..my boss at my first job was one of the best bosses i had.. if not the very best one.

Quote from spruit LoL i thought God made christians...

god makes christians but he has given you a choice and some people will take that choice and give god a chance and find out it is right and follow god while others won't

btw what is The Anarchists' Cookbook?

is it a book with alot of stuff you can do like defacing your school and how to get free pop from a pop machine if so then i read/had it before... it had some interesting facts in it sometimes.. but most/all of it was illegal to do

Quote from spruit devlish.gif you go to hell!! eternity tortured you shal be!!

i can't go to hell spruit. i am saved and god has given me a promise that i will not die and that i will go to heaven... 1 thessalonians 4:17

i was asleep and dreaming that i was asleep and that i could see my feet at the end of the bed and then that verse passed before my eyes and i had no idea what it said until i woke up and got my bible and read it..

from your last few posts it sounds to me like you are a christian if not then let me know.

Note: Once again, all the things in the message are my personal opinions and experiences. I don't even CLAIM to have found absolute truth that everyone should follow. And I repeat: I'm not trying to flame. I mean everything in the kindest way possible, and I respect your (all forum readers) beliefs, whatever they are, and only ask that you respect mine as well. ^_^

I believe in God, and Jesus, though not in the way that most conservative Christians do. I don't like to call myself "Christian" because of the extremists that have come to be associated with the label "Christian". I don't think labels matter though... for one thing, actions speak much louder than words (again, Jesus said the ones who truly follow him will practice what he says, not run around talking about how they claim to follow Jesus while their actions show quite the opposite of that).

(So I don't have to type it out fully and sound stupid and redundant, "Christianity" in the following paragraphs refers to "typcial conservative Christianity" unless I note otherwise. I AM aware that it's not the only form of Christianity.)

God, to me, is Love, rather than the stereotypical idea of a bearded old man sitting in the sky smiting people (I'm not saying that you necessarily think of God that way, but it's the stereotypical image, at any rate). Therefore, God's Love. Grace, and Forgiveness are truly without end... I can no longer believe that God would torture the vast majority of her/his creation forever just because they did not believe in something that there is no definite PROOF of. (I was brought up to think that God would send anyone who didn't believe in Jesus to hell, forever). Especially when people are obviously not given an equal chance to believe. I'm not even talking about the people who never heard of Christianity now, I'm talking about the people who were raised to think very negatively of Christianity. Surely it's less likely that one of them would become a Christian than it is for someone who was born into a very conservative Christian home (Such as I). And I assume that you believe that God chooses what circumstances people are born into... making it seem even more unfair. As for the ones who never heard of Christianity... How could a loving God punish people for not believing in something that they had never even heard of? God would torment them forever just because someone was too lazy to go and tell them about Christianity?

I think that Jesus set a good example for us. I try to hold things up to the Law of Love ("Love God with your whole heart and love your neighbour as yourself") rather than obsessing over a lot of seemingly arbitrary rules. I went down the "obsessing over rules" route, many times... Trust me, it was very stressful and it seemed like the opposite of what God would want us to do, at least in my experience. I beat myself up over a lot of stuff more than is healthy. It was more than a simple conviction to do good. Believing in only the Law of Love was extremely freeing. Now I feel a healthy conviction to walk in Love and Peace, in Jesus' footsteps, instead of an unhealthy obsession with "Is <insert minor thing here> a sin?" - which I believe was one of the main things Jesus came to set us free from. I'm very openminded and liberal now about things in general. Yes, I'm a heretic and I don't care. ^_^

I don't take all of the Bible literally. I don't think it's inerrant. I believe that it contains some truth, but it also contains a lot of peoples' personal agendas. It was also written in a totally different time period and culture, and I'm not saying that it's "outdated" per se, but it is extremely important to look at what it says in both cultural and literary context! I believe that parts of it are mythological. Not outright lies, but myths. It's also very hard to translate properly, and there are some passages that we simply can't be entirely sure of the meaning of.

I've always been skeptical of things, not just religious ideas, but things in general. I don't believe anything unless it's logical to me and there is some proof to support it, or in the case of beliefs, it must be logical and there must be personal experience in my own life which supports it. Like Kami, I was brought up in a very conservative Christian family. I really started thinking for myself more about two years ago, and thanks to the internet I realised that I was not alone and yes, there is a world outside of conservative Christianity. I feel much closer to God than I did when I blindly believed everything my family told me. I never felt her/him hate me or be disappointed in me for doubting and being a skeptical heretic. :( All I have ever felt is unconditional Love and the call to Love others and show Peace, Love, Forgiveness, etc in my own life.

I also take some ideas from other faiths, as Kami mentioned that s/he does. No, I don't "add to the Bible" either but I do see value in other faiths... not gonna go into details though, this post is long enough :D I guess I label myself "Christo-Eclectic".

If something doesn't make sense, ask. I do not have a way with words, and in addition to that, I'm feeling really tired today because I only got like two hours sleep last night ;) And I would like to hear about your opinions on the stuff I brought up, too. Answer the questions I asked if you ("you" is directed to all readers of the forum, not just jrritter) like, and comment. I enjoy hearing about various beliefs and I will not judge anyone for their beliefs even if I strongly disagree. ^_^

Edited by Ciara

tho i have seen demons at least 3 times in my life. on my way home from college, on the road to my house, at me first job. and no the demon at my first job was not my boss..my boss at my first job was one of the best bosses i had.. if not the very best one.

to me that sounds kuu-kuu..

you were so good with answering dude (not) but you forgot some points, oh yeah! i know why! write a new good story so everyone will forget that, and i mean these:

why is it that you post a quote of the bible then?

this is why you are going on...

i see.. thats why you are quoting (bible?) stuff on a forum..

and some more.. dude answer me. lol

oh and read this topic, there is said that there is ONE god, only other names for it, allah etc. so why say islam/buddism and other believes are satan ppl. from this i conclude that God = Satan and that is true if you see the things he does..

Btw.. you play EL, thats why you are on these forums too. el got magic and monsters and even hell doesnt it? yeah, i know you know it has. and those things (from what you are saying) are satan things.. explain.

As someone who understands the Concept of Meditation, I have to inform you that Meditation is neither Of God nor is it Of the Devil. If it is to be said that is it of anything, I'd have to say that it is Of Yourself since your own soul is where you'll most likely find God, not in some old Book! Meditation enables you to shed all outside influances, reather Negative or Positive, to get down to the most simplest Basics of your Mind, Body, and Spirit. And from that point you can Manage and Order yourself while free from any distractions. Through Meditation you can contemplate everything you know and everything you've learnt and, free from the constant Push and Pull of the Tug-o-War that is most often being played with your Mind and Soul by others, you are better able to make informed and insightful decisons by listening to a clear and unstressed Mind. I personally believe that more people should, in fact, take 10 mins or more out of their lives and Practise Meditiation regardless of their personal Religious Beliefs. Purhaps then far less people these days would be so stressed out and Border-line Psychotic.

beautifull but look at this:

and every person that meditats has a so called spirit guide they may not always call themselves but in all reality they are demons..

----------------------------------------------------------------

"*gasp* OMG ITS SATAN SYMBOL RUN AWAY BEFORE IT EATS YOUR BABIES!"

yeah its bullshit :P . another example: Person: my telephone num? yeah its 06-23456667 OMG 666!! you devil you go to hell!!

Edited by Spruit

John 14:6

people don't want the truth. which is that man is sinful and going to hell but god gave his son jesus to die for us and take away our sins if only we will repent (do a 180 turn) and start following him. and that man's good works will not get him to heaven but only thru jesus will you get to heaven. there is no other way but thru jesus christ the son of god who came and died and rose from the dead so that we may have life and have it more abundently.

Romans 3:23

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord

Romans 5:8

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us

John 3:16-17

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

Romans 10:9,10 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

jesus is the only way to god, if you want to be saved just ask jesus to forgive you and save you and he will. he gave a promise and he has never broken his promises

this is a promise to all who ask jesus to forgive them

Romans 10:13

for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

dude we are not talking about going to heaven...so stop quoting the stupid bible thingies.. cant you see i want answers to my questions? i know you know your dissed. you cant get a beautifull answer up so thats why you are turning it to a whole other topic.. about going to heaven.. dude i atheist, i satan guy, i go to hell, i dont want to talk to a statue in a church.. im not kuku

dude read my post, the one before this.. i know youve seen it otherwise you wouldnt have posted more crap after your first one

Edited by Spruit

people don't want the truth

I DO want VERY much to know the truth.

I have begged God many times to show me the truth, contrary to what you think... and I am by NO MEANS the only openminded person who has a deep desire to know the truth. :glare:

Also, I'd appreciate it if you would actually comment on what I (and others) say instead of spouting more Bible verses. *sigh*

Edited by Ciara

I'd certainly like to know the truth. However, from twelve years of church on Sunday, Sunday school, Wednesday services, and even being Baptised, the only thing I took away from Christianity was "if you don't believe everything we tell you, you'll burn in hell."

Jesus is the only way to God? What if I don't want to know God? I've read about him, and he's not such a nice guy. You told me to read the Bible. How do you know I haven't already? I read the Bible over about two years, and it's quite scary. I'm an Atheist because I read the Bible, and I don't want to take part in worshipping someone who slaughtered millions of men, women, and children.

I can't accept everything someone shoves down my throat. That's why I can't be Christian. I can in no way sit through a church service and believe everything the preacher spouts.

If you want to just blindly accept everything you hear, and keep yourself sheltered from everybody else on Earth because they might make you think differently, then go ahead. But do NOT expect everybody else to do the same thing. We're not stupid, and we can think for ourselves. So no more demons. No more Satanists. No more meditation being evil. Just shut up about the whole deal, because if I wanted to hear rants about being holy, then I would open the door when the Jehova's Witnesses come by.

Edited by Kala