Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cicero

back to basics

I haven't looked around in this forum much, but one thing I have noticed is that a lot of the stories are for specific quests. I think something that needs to be done first is figure out the basics. I ask you all this:

1. What is eternal lands?

2. who are we?

3. how did we get here?

4. why are we here?

There was the whole "we're kinda ghosts, but not really" thing that got dropped, and I think we need something to fill the gap. I think I saw another story that implied that eternal lands was a kind of dream world. I think that's pretty good, but I liked the ghost thing. You'd have to explain why there are gods in a dream world, since we have those now. Maybe we're the dreams of the gods? Anyway, any other ideas for the basics?

Well, next to that, what is you're ultimate goal in this world - something that hasn't got to be done to have a nice time, but more like a megahuge quest or something :)

Maybe one could leave a few elements out to add some interesting stuff to the story - like, you'll know what EL is, when you've done this and that, or you gradually get to know how/why we got stuck here :)

Don't like a closed story for that matter, especially not for an mmorpg, it should end in something like ... and then we all were given the task to blah this and bloh that. ... or ... then he died, leaving behind this small note on that big rock...

You know, open ended :D

((And, most of Izzy's stories are pretty much main stories, so as all posts with 'main' in them ))