Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mori Ranmaru

problems...nothing but

I just bought a new computer, seeing as my old one died, just got my internet up this morning, and downloaded EL. I installed it fine, opened it, and everything works fine.

I type in my User Name/Passy, and then click login. I login, see a glimpse of the rat house, where I was last, and then my monitor goes blank and says No signal.

I have a Ati Xtreme 200 or something like that graphics card...

I'm pretty sure its not a connection problem, because my monitor works fine, I can leave it on for hours and nothing happens, its only AFTER I log in to EL that it stops.

Also, this computer and video card is less than 2 days old...so I doupt my video card is "giving up"

However, you know more than me, so is there anything I can do?

Sounds like a resolution problem. I would edit your el.ini and look for the...

video modes:
1 = 640x480   16bpp
2 = 640x480   32bpp
3 = 800x600   16bpp
4 = 800x600   32bpp
5 = 1024x768  16bpp
6 = 1024x768  32bpp
7 = 1152x864  16bpp
8 = 1152x864  32bpp
9 = 1280x1024  16bpp
10 = 1280x1024  32bpp

full screen can be 0 (windowed) or 1 (full screen)
if it is windowed, it will use the desktop BPP

#video_mode = 5
#full_screen = 0

..section.

Try a different video mode and if that doesnt work change full screen to 0 so it runs in windowed mode.

Changed the video mode, opened EL, logged in, opened the forums to tell you thanks and that it worked....got the "no signal" message from my monitor, Also, I think that my keyboard stops responding after this happens. I tried to turn off computer using keyboard, didn't work, tried opening my DVD+RW drive with my keyboard, didn't work either.

:confused:

EL shoudn't cause a no signal, no program should. I don't even think they can. I only get a no signal when my computer's either off, the video card preformed a restart (it happens even with a actual card), or the cable's not connected.

ATi Xtreme, not a Radeon or a All-In-Wonder? What's the Video RAM on that?

Edited by freeone3000

I believe that its a 128, and yes, its an "ATI RADEON Xpress 200 series" according to my device manager. As far as I know, programs shouldn't be able to cause a no signal message either...

but in this case, something is making my monitor do this when I open sign on to EL

Hmm, when I used the TC client on my old computer, there was an added command something like Ati something workaround or something like that. maybe this could be part of it.

Just throwing up ideas.

Edited by Mori Ranmaru

I believe that its a 128, and yes, its an "ATI RADEON Xpress 200 series" according to my device manager. As far as I know, programs shouldn't be able to cause a no signal message either...

but in this case, something is making my monitor do this when I open sign on to EL

Hmm, when I used the TC client on my old computer, there was an added command something like Ati something workaround or something like that. maybe this could be part of it.

Just throwing up ideas.

189445[/snapback]

What happens if you turn off fullscreen?

The CVS version has an option for ATI cards.

Heres my error log, if this helps:

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/fontv.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle5.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle6.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle7.bmp

I'm pretty sure this isn't the problem though, I have no problem with the textures...just...my monitor gives me a no signal response..

Errr, what led you to that conclusion? All of my hardware works fine...my drivers work fine in other games...if anything is the problem, ITS SOMETHING TO DO WITH ETERNAL-LANDS....not major hardware/driver problems......

-_- <_< -_-

:rolleyes:

do any of these other games you've tried use SDL, that you know of? (we have a few problems because of SDL)

Heres my error log, if this helps:

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/fontv.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle5.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle6.bmp

Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle7.bmp

I'm pretty sure this isn't the problem though, I have no problem with the textures...just...my monitor gives me a no signal response..

189515[/snapback]

I had the same problems in my error log when EL wouldn't let me log in. What kind of computer are you using? According to my help topic, it turns out that my brand new Compaq Presario wasn't meant for playing games, although it worked perfectly fine with the Diablo II demo that I downloaded to check the problem.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.