Eternal Lands Official Forums

I searched around and didnt see this idea suggested already

pretty much my idea is when you join a guild you get a cape.

the charaistics

-has no powers

-has a picture of something chosen by the guild or guild leader and maybe thier tag

-it has to be accepted by a dev or mod

-it can not have anything like drugs, guns, etc.

-when someone quits they lose their cape

-its undroppable and untradeable

-everyone can see it

-it weighs the same amount as a normal cape and takes up space in storage like other capes

and thats pretty much it.

Edited by gilthanas

i think thats a great idea gilthanas but it would be a mark of power between guilds that can do it and those that cant.

To implement that Roja will have to do a custom image, and for that I believe you will have to pay something like $100-200

opps forgot to add how much it would cost for a guild to get it

50 to 100k, that way most guilds will have to work together to get it.

@derin, i meant for it to be like a ingame feature

Edited by gilthanas

opps forgot to add how much it would cost for a guild to get it

50 to 100k, that way most guilds will have to work together to get it.

@derin, i meant for it to be like a ingame feature

189208[/snapback]

someone suggested a similar idea awhile back - I had an idea. Picture capes of that like would have to be bought with real money. However, my idea was allow guilds to buy a guild cape ingame, with the image on the cape being a generic embossing of the guild tag onto the cape. Any idea if something like this is even possible with the current programming?

well even if it was free i wouldnt use it.. unless u could wear a mirror/bp or fr cape the same time.

i think thats a great idea gilthanas but it would be a mark of power between guilds that can do it and those that cant.

189115[/snapback]

Well, yes. Why would that be a problem?

I bring this topic up because nothing done with this yet.

How about a logo for the guild that comes on every cloak you wear?

Example guild A has a cross logo, the cross comes on every cloak they put on mirror body piercing doesnt matter which one.

The logo can be get in differend sizes and colours so there is plenty of choises and guilds wont get the same logo.

And it should be expensive to get ur guild that logo on the cloaks speaking bout 100k+

How about that?

Heard some suggestions from guild members:

Maybe it should be like an quest, give a NPC items + gc.

Example like some bars some shields some helmets maybe minerals/ore's + the gold.

Heard some suggestions from guild members:

Maybe it should be like an quest, give a NPC items + gc.

Example like some bars some shields some helmets maybe minerals/ore's + the gold.

Custom cloaks are currently paid for in U$D because Roja needs to do the art work.

To implement that Roja will have to do a custom image, and for that I believe you will have to pay something like $100-200

acutally our guild has been talking about this and would like more information about it and i haven't been able to find anyting about it in the forums or on the online store or newhere and we'd like more information and we have some questions:

1) so far we were told that it was $200 for implimentation what about individual cloaks - newmembers, replacements etc.. they sold or given at WS cloak dealer or what?

2) some of us can and do play w/ the textiles in our clients what if we do the design and just submit it for implimentation?

3) if we do the design, for $200 and whatever it costs(if it does) in-game could we get a small perk like a raisedstat to go w/ it or someting? - basically what do we get for our money?

for the most part we're seriously thinking about it but we need to know current - but making this general knowledge would help generate more income for the game (all advertising does) but we really would like to know

on a side note: the suggestions of stuff like perks and the like and them being droppable/replaceable could b fun (like some1 steals a guild mdmber's cloak they get caught using it on a PK map or something it could b gotten back or it could get destroyed in use creating another dev buzzword - money sink to the highest earning factions (guilds have mini-economies now - at least ours does) and are able to amass large sums of money in groups when they put thier minds to it because lets face it if they have a raised stat or skill effect ppl will USE THEM and lose/break them making more need to be bought

oh and sorry for hijacking this thread w/ the questions for Roja but its info some of us would really like to know and i hope the suggestions make up for it

pay USD becuz she need to do the art work?

then we should pay for evry item ..

Btw, what if you make ur own cape, with a Cape designer at a NPC

u can choose 3 layers or so

Layer 1 Background color

Layer 2 Picture

Layer 3 picture

just some pictures u can mix with eachother

and it would be cool to have a NPC where you can make a guild, instead of how it is now, money disapears from inv :)

All artwork would need to be approved first by Roja anyway, if she doesn't do it herself. She's very picky about what things look like ingame, and that is why she prefers to do this stuff herself.

Also at this time, guild capes aren't available yet.

Last I heard, no, these capes will not be allowed to have any perk attached to them.

The cost is $200 USD per design, not per cape.

Do you know how much bigger the client would be if all the guilds wanted their own custom capes? o.O

Do you know how much time Roja has to give in order to make those capes suitable for the game? She could be doing much more important things by then. o.O

Can't think of any others at the moment, lol, kind of busy....

So yeah... that's my point :)

- Sistema.

How about instead of adding custom images we make use of the Guild Capes that are currently in the EL directory. Maybe what we could do is something like someone previously suggested with the Guild Tag embedded on it right above that image that is already on the Guild Capes/Shields. I think that would look pretty awesome! Although getting the Tag on the cape may not be an easy task either.

How about instead of adding custom images we make use of the Guild Capes that are currently in the EL directory. Maybe what we could do is something like someone previously suggested with the Guild Tag embedded on it right above that image that is already on the Guild Capes/Shields. I think that would look pretty awesome! Although getting the Tag on the cape may not be an easy task either.

The guild capes still require custom graphics. The guild cape system that is in place combined with autoupdate will allow Roja to add custom graphics to all players without needing to release a new client.

The $200 is not only for the artwork-in fact the artwork would only be a small fraction of that price. It is also for the programming needed, and the fact that if everyone had one the client would be a much bigger download! And if the price is cheaper that can very well happen because i'm sure a TON of people would buyone if it's only $20!

A couple of my own thoughts to throw in here:

1. I use capes ALL the time (mostly power-saving and excavator). I would almost never wear a guild cape if it was just a cape (no perk). So I really like the above idea that the guild artwork would show up on whatever cape you were wearing at the time. I don't know if that's possible graphically, but that's the only way I'd be able to wear one for anything but special (dress up) events.

2. I think a guild should really have to work for the honor of having a special graphic (guild cape). I don't like the $US because that's totally based on the real-life people in the guild. It has no bases on the guild in-game and how well they work together. I think the cost of the cape should be in gold coin, and I think it should be significant, like 1 million gc. 200K gc is nothing. I got that in storage now (as an individual). A couple weeks of serious TI mining and I could raise another 200K. But 1M would take cooperation in a guild - lots of people working hard and combining their funds to raise that kind of money. A guild that would work together like that would be worthy of a custom graphic.

3. I'm not impressed with simply putting the guild tag on the cape. I've already got a tag by my name. If I was to contribute (either $US or gc) for a custom graphic, I'd want something special like a coat-of-arms or the like. Something that was appropriate to the time-period and role-play aspect of the game.

If think this is an excellent idea ;) ... but i'm sure someone has already posted this.

If think this is an excellent idea :devlish: ... but i'm sure someone has already posted this.

I think this was THAT post.

The $200 is not only for the artwork-in fact the artwork would only be a small fraction of that price. It is also for the programming needed, and the fact that if everyone had one the client would be a much bigger download! And if the price is cheaper that can very well happen because i'm sure a TON of people would buyone if it's only $20!

we weren't complining about the price Roja - as a group guild effort we think that it's easily doable between the adults in the guild we were just more curious about the details of it and what does come w/ it and what about how we get the individual capes and the like it's just that we know hardly nething about it but if possible we would like to try to run a couple designs past u ourselves if u'd allow that - we just feel w/ us wanting this that it should be a group effort and when i saw this it looked like a good oppty so if u could PM me here in the forums or in game when u get a chance Roja so we could discuss all this and learn all the details about it i'd appreciate it - i just haven't PMed u about it (ingame or here) because knowng my luck i'd choose a time u had u'r hands full and were stressed out and would wind up w/ answers that would reflect that stress

I like this idea if only for its novelty aspects.

My cape would be the one modelled by my avatar. And the guild logo would be the NUFC badge :icon13:

I like this idea if only for its novelty aspects.

Which is exactly the point of it.

Also you guys all have to remember, this isn't even ingame yet!