Dimov

Illarion vs. EL

Illa vs. EL  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Illa vs. EL

• EL
    • Illa

Please don't vote for EL, if:

1. You just want to backpat smn. (devs are the only exception, since they made the game, and im sure this is the best game on the market for them, or @least they're the only one that actually think so :P)

2. If you want to become a mod ( m_a_ny ppls' case).

3. If you haven't played Illa. (lotsa ppl's case on the wow vs. el poll)

4. Because this the EL forum. (lotsa ppls case, i dun blame em)

Personally I haven't voted yet, because I'm waiting for name approval, but so far Illa looks a lot promising, and prolly may be more to my liking than EL. The thing I most liked about it is the exam style registration. This way, no one will beg as plx gimme wepon, or even in a more tormenting english ( english is not my native lang). EL's downside is that it's too easy to make a char. Everyday I see so many faces, that I've never seen before, but I rarely see them after my first time. The second thing about EL is that not enough ppl quit, and that the server allows up to 1000 players. This makes too many ppl offer stuff on the market chan, which they made whilst powergaming ( something I despise ). Powergaming is illegal in Illa, which is good, since I dun have to worry about levels.

Here's my 2 gc. :P

Honestly, i don't play any of the 2. i play WoW, but EL tops Illarion.

<Note> The reason im here is, i love EL's community :P

Edited by Gecko_Master

Then your vote doesn't count. You haven't played Illarion, so therefore you dun know what it is. And EL doesn't have a real community. The forums don't count, netiher the channels. There isn't anything even remotely similar to Alliance vs. Horde for example.

We never claim to be the best mmorpg out there - but we are working on becoming better and 1.0.2 is definately a step in the right direction. But 2.0 will blow your mind :P

Anyway, EL is not as focused on true, consistent roleplaying as Illarion - why? Because we don't want to push it upon people - sure they'll get information from the storyline, quests that are consistent with the storyline, and we tend to hint people to get into the EL universe. But it's not out job to make sure that people are roleplaying - as long as they have fun, we're glad :P

Please don't vote for EL, if:

189033[/snapback]

I voted EL and the reason is that I cannot register in Illarion (despite numerous attempts). If game devs don't give a smeg about players, I don't give a smeg about their game.

this game really used to rock. But now, the community is full of pricks and assholes with a few exceptions. I think the gameplay of EL has gone down ALOT as well. Horrible community and horrible gameplay. Whenever i log in just to chat i listen to the completely arrogant assholes at the beam talking and arguing about the most pointless shit i've ever heard in my life.

and theres no point in posting this on the EL forums, EL will win no doubt, that why your here ;D. Illarion would win if it was on the illa forums.

And these games are quite different... its all on your preference of gameplay

Edited by MikeH

I vote Illa, because I like RP-ing a helluva lot

Then your vote doesn't count. You haven't played Illarion, so therefore you dun know what it is. And EL doesn't have a real community. The forums don't count, netiher the channels. There isn't anything even remotely similar to Alliance vs. Horde for example.

189043[/snapback]

Ive played Illarion. I don't like it that much.

I voted EL

cuz i can download Illarion

Alright, yes the Yoshi voted for Illa.

The reason i voted for Illa is simple. its a easy game to get into and have fun...WITHOUT CARING ABOUT LEVELS. There are no PG'ers as it is illegal, there are tons more items and places to explore every few weeks..AND the events actually mean something.

I have played EL for a long time, its a great game, one of the best. But when it comes down to it, i care about the community, not the Levels. I always hate hearing "im 64 alch" and so and so. In illa, this doesnt matter, as you really dont know, you can only guess. As i am about 50 shades lower than sal, i can still train with him, If you were 50 levels lower in El, you would die horribly and quickly.

The events that i spoke of earlier are Role PLaying events, some are bad yes..but what game doesnt screw up? As Illa is a Role Playing game, it has older players with a higher intelect. We have about 2 12 year olds that play, and they are pretty mature at that. All the rest are 16 and above with the attitude of a 20 year old.

Now we move to forums. El forums consist of people whining and moaning for things that they are to dumb to find out. It has a gen board, a Misc board that is actually moderated. This is one big difference in the forums

Illa forums are moderated toughly, except for the Misc board...considering it is a MISC BOARD. We have great topics on that board that are awesome stress relief and a great laugh at times. Sure, theres cussing and vulgar comments, but as i said, its an older community so who gives a shit. all the other boards are usefull and down to the point. the RPG board is some of the best stuff ive seen in my life. You could write stories with these posts, No joke. The Guilds board is also Role Played and is Awesome to the hilt. Guilds bitch and moan to eachother, and also form alliances and such over this board. its great

Now here on the El board. Just look around, it is nothing like that.

Now we come to another topic. I hear alot that "All role Players are geeks and nerds." You know what, shove it up your ass. As i see pictures of Fellow Illarionites, All of them are the exact oppisite. Goofy yes, but entirley like the people you expect to be in the "popular crowd". Here the players are probably what they call us Role Players, geeks and nerds. So be carefull who you call nerds, they might be a 300 pound football player for Notre Dame.

If you disagree with me, so what, does it sound like give a shit?

~*Noko*~

Honestly, RPing isn't what makes it so i don't like Illa, i want to RP when theres more people, so you can interact with new people every time. So, i do RP myself.

*If you call a person who watches science programs over cartoons at age 12 a nerd, then im a perfect match. :))

Edited by Gecko_Master

Then you miss the whole point of Illarion. It isnt meeting new people everyday, its having continued GOOD rp with people you can get close to. You just dont get the point..

~*Noko*~

Personally, I didn't vote. Haven't even tried Illarion yet, maybe one day... then again, that could be my trademark - maybe one day. :)

I could put up topics like this about UO vs. EL, but I don't - these game comparisons are pointless, lining one up on another just doesn't work. I think Aisy said it best:

You are comparing apples and oranges.

189106[/snapback]

On a side note: isn't this a resurrection of 2 locked threads?

No it's not... I made a topic telling them about Illarion, MikeH didn't notice it so he made one, they were both locked. Now Dimov made a comparison

I have already played both games.

EL may be behind of most popular games, but I can assure you, it is better than Illarion, in all ways. Illarion is a RP-only based game, all you do in it is RolePlay.

For the first 20 minutes, I couldn't figure out how to move, then I realised double clicking somewhere made it move, but then it working...

It took more than a month to get to see what the game looks like, my first application got denied, I made it on my second, then my character name got denied, I made it on the second again. But then, I forgot to define my character's age and height, so I had to delete my character and redo it again.

And I never got to see another player....

The End....

" EL > Illa "

Honestly, i don't play any of the 2. i play WoW, but EL tops Illarion.

<Note> The reason im here is, i love EL's community :confused:

189036[/snapback]

what server

Well, I've become addicted to Illarion now. I love the community, although it is a lot smaller, but less idiots than EL is infected with. I've always enjoyed RPing. And I'm thankful, Aerowind, MikeH and Yoshi mentioned it here in the forums. I've loved the RP I've found with Mike and Yoshi, for the bit that it has been so far, and the RP with some of the other cool people Illarion has. I vote Illa.

Eek Pocal :)

Yes, well, i am going to try and recreate that sort of a community here, so i hope to get a few participants. I am going to try and turn Treesoar Village into the First RP town. If tuma agree's ofcoruse, But until then, I like your rp Pocal, get a little better and you might Even Role Play at my level of greatness *gg* j/k, you're learning bro.

Yes, I know...My 7 or so years of RP is vastly inferior to you and others. Though I am going to be running an uber quest with Devrah's help. But I am trying to get better into RPing.