Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kendai

My experiment with the mapmaker...

Well, I've read through the multiple tutorials and handbooks, and I've played around with a small island... and these are the end results lol (click on the images of course for a larger view :P)

Overview: funmap7bc.th.jpg

During the day: funmap20ps.th.jpg

And at night: funmap30cj.th.jpg

There are supposed to be gemstones on top of the pillars that are giving off the light at night, but you can't see them because of the lightboxes, wish there was a way I could turn them off (or I haven't found the function yet lol). What do you think? :P

Right click the lightbulb icon to turn the lightboxes off. :P It looks nice, but Roja is a picky one about those 2d objects. :P

Right click the lightbulb icon to turn the lightboxes off.  :)  It looks nice, but Roja is a picky one about those 2d objects.  :D

188639[/snapback]

Figures, that it would be as simple as that... I've been checking and double checking the heights for those stupid leaves on the ground over and over again. I just put each "variety" of leaf at a different level, so that they wouldn't interfere with each other. Plus I put the trees all "below ground" so that they wouldn't affect the leaves at all. **is very proud of her leaves**

Just a quick question, how high can you move something up until it no longer appears on the ground? I've only gone up to 0.4, I'm afraid to go higher lol

well you should stay around 0.05 or lower to make it look like its on the ground, and your island looks pretty good, it shows you have learn't all the basic's about map making, and more :) could be made better tho :P but then everything can

I dub this... the Lost Island Temple of Centau! :):P (Centau is Mother Nature's boss...god of Nature, Chaos, and Change. Lives underneath the ocean.)

-Lyn-

Rather than drag up a new topic about this... I'm having trouble selecting objects, even though I click right on the object and around the center, even off to the side sometimes finally selects it. Often the wrong object is selected, even if that object is off-screen. Is there a way around this, like a particular spot I'm supposed to click (or something that I can see visually) in order to select an object? I have trouble with both 2d and 3d objects.

Oh, and another note. The mapmaker with the new version didn't come with the mapeditor manual like the previous version did. I had to download it manually from the pinned (and locked) topic about it.

Kendai, I also get the same problem.....

I try selecting a 3dobject, and another one nearby becomes selected, even though I clicked exactly on it! grr.... it's so annoying >_<