Eternal Lands Official Forums
Brom

Negative Perk discussion

Ok, If people know me, they probably know I do not like negative perks and honestly I think they should be taken out of the game and a few of the normal perks lowered. Anyway I am curious what everyone else thinks here. I will give a few examples of the reasons I do not like Negative perks.

Keep in mind these are my Opinions and not what "SHOULD BE DONE" This post is for the discussion and seeing what others think.

Power Hungry : 3 points of food are taken every minute

Gives 3 pick points

Brom's Comments: Silly, 3 Free pickpoints because anyone who needs food (Everyone) can just carry around food, its not that hard. This needs to be removed or have a worse negative attribute.

I can't dance : Additional 15 defence penalty when fighting multiple opponents

gives 5 pick points

Brom's Comments: Awesome name, not that negative. When you get 2 timed your defense drops anyway. The odds are you will lose.

Hellspawn : Each time you chance map (including using doors) you have a 20% chance of going to hell (you don't lose items)

gives 10 pick points

Brom's Comments: The worst Negative perk, I recommend for NO-ONE but bots. I think it should only be available to Bots. Or reduced to 8 points ;P

Godless : Doesn't allow you to serve any god.

gives 8 pick points

Brom's Comments: For those who do not know. Gods are darn useful. Especially Summoning and Manufacture. Hopefully gods will be even more useful in the future :wink: But should be reduced to 6 points.

Gelatine Bones : Additional 5 points of damage for each successful hit that causes you damage.

gives 6 pick points

Brom's Comments: When we factor in heat/cold damage in certain areas this will have a greater effect (Hopefully) but should be lowered to 5 points :P

Antisocial : NO NPC will buy/sell from you (some quest NPC's will)

gives 10 pick points

Brom's Comments: The one I dislike the most for one reason. Why if you are antisocial can you go off and do a "Do gooders" quest and somehow you are NOT antisocial with the NPC's and they will trade Leather and Wine for a darn good price. I vote anyone with antisocial cannot get wine and leather after completing the quests. Should be lowered to 6-8 points.

Heck, While Im at it, Some of the Normal perks I would like lower.

Fatal man: Increase the chance to score a hit regardless of opponents skills/defence by 10 %

7 pick points, 150 gold

Brom's Comments: Heck yes I would love this perk. But Im not going to save up 7! Pickpoints!! 5 I would save up for something of this quality.

Evanescence : Each successful hit you take, has a 10% chance to miss you.

5 pick points, 200 gold

Brom's Comments: Also on my too-get list, But Ill take it for 4, not 5 :P

I Glow in the dark : Causes 2 radiation damage when in combat

7 pick points, 250 gold

Brom's Comments: Ahh, one of my favorites, My second character has it on the test server, Loved it. but 7 Pickpoints! Whoa! how about 4-5

Tell me what you see that is funny or whatever you think about Perks.

Edited by Brom

Ehhh, keep them in. It'd be an easy reset for those who picked perks they didn't want. :P

Though, they should be modified.

Heh...I have had ALL of the negative perks except Geltin Bones for over half a year...

As for the anti social thing...I think it makes perfect since that you can buy from quest NPC's. Even though you are antisocial, though all the comunicting you did you became good friends with the said NPC, therefore being very social within despite your overal anti social behavior.

None of them should be lowered...espeically hellspawn....it shoudl be more....i dont' think I would get it again...but I would never reset. Anyways, Hellspawn is pretty fun sometiems and with beam being taken away, it's an alternative to beam. Just keep going in and out of a door untill you hellspawn and wa la! your on IP!

However...if we get rid of negative perks...we should let the peopel who already have the perks keep their PP but lose the negative perks affect :P

EDIT: Once again...what is the point in not having them? Is it me, or am I disagreeing with the majority a lot lately... :S But if we remove negative perks and keep out PP in the process, i'm all for it :D:P

Edited by chatterbug89

Negative perks should stay because they bring more diversity to the game and a player has more choices to make and if he makes a wrong choice he will have to pay the price.

About changing the effect of them i think its pointless because it is the same for everybody and because it would be probably hard to change them now

I didnt see a single reason why would someone want to get rid of them?

absolutely agree with Brom, especially the antisocial part: should be lowered the pp's u get it or should be make harder the negative effects, for example NO trade with neither NPC's neither Players.

This would be really antisocial...

Edited by Tornado

Anti-Social

Maybe in a future update it would be possible to change the wine/leather quests and add a couple of NPC's to different maps (WS, DP, VOTD for example) that are similar to Joker - once you've found the NPC it moves to a different location - one carrying leather, one wine, and one miscellaneous supplies like pickaxes, thread and so on.

I Cant Dance

More free points. If you get attacked by multiple characters, you're dead anyway.. unless you're a pker. Should be removed or reduced to 1 or 2 points maximum.

Power Hungry

Since the harvesting changes, which mean you can lose more points on your food bar depending on the lvl of the item your harvesting, I dont see the point of power hungry, its almost useless.

Godless

Remove it. Godless isnt really a negative perk, its some free points. Either remove it or halve its given points. More people should use gods, only some dont know what to do with them, or cant be bothered gathering the materials and items they want in their quests. All the people that picked godless have to reset if they want to try out the god quests.. should just remove it and give people the option of starting and/or finishing the god quests before they reach a certain OA level.

Monster Magnetism

Remove the perk, but keep the cape. Makes life a bit more dangerous and fun for new characters, keeping them on their toes, and also bumps up the value of an mm cape, and make it a good trade item. Too many people choose the mm perk imo, and it makes the game boring if you havent got to look out for the goblins or the orcs for example.

If some perks are removed how will the characters that have them be affected? Since they are deeply imbedded into nexus'es and attribute points, would the removal of the perks decrease those pps spent?

It would be too complicated to mass lower everyones abilities.

Though I do agree that the perks need some reworking, or introduct a couple more.

o well, i wouldnt mind.. i got only anti social and power

so thats 13 PP's i got like 21 nexus..so i can get rid of them :)

Guest Enyo
Agreed.

188703[/snapback]

i agree, get rid of negative perks

but if you get rid of them, then what of the people who currently have them?

edit: even with the positive ones, one should be at a certain level.

Edited by Enyo

i agree, get rid of negative perks

but if you get rid of them, then what of the people who currently have them?

edit:  even with the positive ones, one should be at a certain level.

188727[/snapback]

PP reset, with those obtained by Neg. Perks deducted.

PP reset, with those obtained by Neg. Perks deducted.

188732[/snapback]

If neg perks are taken away, anyone that have one should have to either reset or earn more PP's then they had taken in neg perks (think, PP's available == -10).

If neg perks are taken away, anyone that have one should have to either reset or earn more PP's then they had taken in neg perks (think, PP's available == -10).

188733[/snapback]

Perhaps, but it could be argued that it was not their mistake, but a design flaw and therefore they should not suffer from such a change, but in fact be allowed to reassign their character accordingly.

I say take out the entire PP system. I never liked it and I think the game was better without it. -_-

with the PP system the only level that matters in a PK map is your OA, and it should not be like that. :glare:

Edited by Alderan

what about people who just reset if this would come, like smooms reseted at oa 120..because u guys said PP reset wouldnt come!

i think it would be fair.. if evry1 get PP reset + all the exp back from all skills together..

I think that all the neg perks should be taken out and the reset command as well. I think that the only fair way to do this would be the way that Shivar suggested. I think that it is the only way that wouldn't cheat people out of the points that they had earned. I may be overlooking something, but I believe that this is the only way to take out neg perks totally, assuming that that will ever happen.

I think that perks are ok as they are. Negs have to have good pp for taking it. and there should be no perk-only reset. I reseted twice already, because of neg perks. But hey, it was my choise to take them. If you dont like them, dont use them.. I like them so I will use them.. Its anyones choice.. I think it is pretty well balanced...

Guest Enyo

188733[/snapback]

i think that would be unfair.. if the negatives are removed.. then it would be unfair to make us reset.. i know from first hand experience how hard it is to work your way back up again and i'm sure that there are many who can relate to this.

the only fair solution would be a PP reset for all of EL....maintaining our OA PP to be allocated by choice..then also remove the reset option because there would be no need for it, i think..