Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dunian

Race secpific Items

I added Dragon Fire (spell), and Sleep (ring)

Dragon wing active spell: 3 air ess, teleports you to any map

`#dragon_wind WS`

Orc dagger: tit short sword + 5 death ess

Able to destory oppent sword 1/50 chance

Dragon wing active spell: 3 air ess, teleports you to any map

Spell only for Draegoni? interesting. But we already have a spell like it. Teleport to Portals room.

Orc Dagger: How about 1/120 :medieval: 1/50 would be VERY often :)

Edited by Brom

Draconi Armor:for this this should be albe to protect you from cold and heat damage

Items: 1chain mail, few scales(dragon has it already lose a few HP to make it maybe)/rabbbit fur, few steel & iron bars a few FEs

---------------------------

Orc armour: this protects form posion

Item: chain mail, few FEs and a Few death ess

---------------------------

elven sword: regenerate faster

a tit short sword FEs LEs and HEs

Edited by cho-yun

Had an Orc weapon idea, Have some sort of large blunt weapon, like a mace, or club. I mean, orcs have all this brute strengh, do you think there gonna wave daggers around, when they could beat there opponent into pulp? (Real life: A sword can cut and slice you, and can be deadly if used to stab, or cuts a vital area. but, if your hit extremly hard by a heavy blunt weapon, it could break bones, crush vital parts of the body in one hit, ending a fight quickly, or horribly wounding the target.(By vital, i mean head, lower chest, around the diphram, and groin.))

<Note> The History channel never fails to tell you this stuff.

Edited by Gecko_Master

Orc posion Mace: able to posion with a chance

wooden handle, steel & iron bars, FEs, Red snake skin

Dwarf pickaxe: harvest 1-4 Items at a time

pickaxe + magic ess

Dwarf pickaxe: harvest 1-4 Items at a time

pickaxe + magic ess

I think this might make harvesting a bit too easy :P

i was thinking dwarfs = miners =quick miners

The Dwarvish pick makes perfect sence.

Think of it as a limited version of the Excavator perk/cape (and hence not usable in combination with either of those). It only affects mining, where a pick is used, and not un-dwarfly activities like fruit or flower picking.

It could be far less susceptable to breakage, which can be a show stopper sometimes, so Dwarves gain pick-longevity in exchange for not "Excavating" fruit and flowers...

The construction probably should be a bit harder (depending on the "toughness" of the pick though). Shouldn't it be an [Enhanced] Earth Essence rather than a Magic Essence anyway?

While I'm here... Race specific items should be both manufacturable by, and usable by the specific race only.

• If they were usable by all, then there would be no point to them -- just some more item types in the game.
  • Why would other races ever bother to learn how to make them if they cannot use them? Surely the intended race would consider the item as a cultural secret (the book for Dwarven Pickaxe written only in Dwarvish?).

Edited by trollson

The Dwarvish pick makes perfect sence.

Think of it as a limited version of the Excavator perk/cape (and hence not usable in combination with either of those).  It only affects mining, where a pick is used, and not un-dwarfly activities like fruit or flower picking.

It could be far less susceptable to breakage, which can be a show stopper sometimes, so Dwarves gain pick-longevity in exchange for not "Excavating" fruit and flowers...

The construction probably should be a bit harder (depending on the "toughness" of the pick though).  Shouldn't it be an [Enhanced] Earth Essence rather than a Magic Essence anyway?

While I'm here...  Race specific items should be both manufacturable by, and usable by the specific race only.

•  
  • If they were usable by all, then there would be no point to them -- just some more item types in the game.

• Why would other races ever bother to learn how to make them if they cannot use them?  Surely the intended race would consider the item as a cultural secret (the book for Dwarven Pickaxe written only in Dwarvish?).

189368[/snapback]

Ahh, I didn't look at it that way, added it.

•  
  • If only useable by the race that they were made by, people would complain about balancing alot more (With chests and packs only Manufacturable AND Useable by Dwarves, for instance, they would have a big advantage) if the items couldn't be used by all races. I was hoping the nexus idea that I posted earlier would make it harder to use the items not made by your race

• The other races wouldn't bother to, because the knowledge WOULD be a cultural secret, thus only makeable by the race they belong to.

Just one note:

Draegoni

189377[/snapback]

:hehe: Thanks vanyel, I thought something looked wrong.

Hmmm...this seems a little bit unfair, I chose to be a human, just cuz I like humans...and this seems to tip the balance in favor towards the other races. It doesn't make sense that every other race gets great weapons, spells, but humans get....dirt....I mean, nobody's ever going to use those things.....

This would make the humans have to buy all of the "good" items from other races, while making no profits selling their own race specific items.

:confused::icon4::icon4:

well, human elf and dwarven items should be roughly even... and draegoni, orchan, and gnome items about even... with the p2p ones being far better than the free race items. but a balance for at the same level

Hmmm...this seems a little bit unfair, I chose to be a human, just cuz I like humans...and this seems to tip the balance in favor towards the other races. It doesn't make sense that every other race gets great weapons, spells, but humans get....dirt....I mean, nobody's ever going to use those things.....

This would make the humans have to buy all of the "good" items from other races, while making no profits selling their own race specific items.

:icon4:  :icon4:  :D

189416[/snapback]

Hey, I'm human too! I just don't have as many ideas for this race :confused: .

Humans are pretty generic...

How about a nexus generator for them? In exchange for one nexus (dependant on item, when making it's a random chance), you'll get only a fourth of the experience you'd normally get.

how about a item which boost the wearer str made by only human

i think there should be more orchan items only 2 atm

i really like the elven ideas, they are very in tune to nature, so maybe there should be a  spell to disguise them as a tree or rock and the name/health bar would dissappear

189566[/snapback]

Added it, great idea :P

Edit: I'm leaving on vacation tomarrow ^_^, but I'll be back Friday

Edit: I added the Rabbit Trap

Edited by Dunian

i am a major fan of the dwarven pack!! brilliant idea :P i dont level p/c at all really, so im stuck with 200 lc, which really isnt ideal for hauling essie ingredients, that extra 50 would be a god send.

how about orchan rage or something, it makes the orchan caster have 50% higher attack and 30% decrease in accuracy.

Edited by gilthanas

Ok, it still needs balancing, but I added Crude Armor and Darts to the orchan items.

:blink: Dunian :battleaxe:

here is a dwarf idea

dwarven spirit drink-infinite food for 50 mins, but 30% increase in chance of getting attacked when harvesting, missing hits and getting hit, breaking equipment, spells, manu, and crafting will fail.

Edited by gilthanas