Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest swl183

How to do alchemy faster..

Guest swl183

Until few days ago,I was still making health essences in Desert Pines's storage.But someone tell me when teamwork it'll be quicker if you do it at the mine.And after I thought through it,I found out that it's still quicker even if you do that alone.How to say??

Take my most making he for instance.My carry capacity is recently 340 loads.I usually bring a excavator cloak, three pickaxes and 14 vegetables as basic equipment which weights 32(308 empty,and count it as if it never changes for convenience).I get 154 silver ores per trip.If I want to make 924 hes at DP storage,I'll need 924*2=1848 silver ores and 924*9/15=555 vegetables which means 12+2 trips(the trips from vegetables farm to DP storage and from silver mine to DP storage are alomst the same even if it's not the same it doesn't matter so I count it as the same,and 14 trips did not include the trips for chrysanthemum since it doesn't matter).But if I make them at silver mine,the trips will become like;First:harvest 308 vegetables and bring them to silver mine twice(means 2 trips).Second:go to DP storage,bring 308 chrysanthemums to silver mine, and make 308 hes,then bring the fresh hes back to storage.Do this three times(means 3 trips) and the work is done.If you do it you only run the risk of losing vegetables,but you save 14-5=9 trips.Each trip is about 3mins and 30secs(from silver mine to DP storage,I measured it,it may not be that accurate though) and 9 trips are 31mins 30secs.Which means if you choose this method you save half hour per 924 hes(if you have the same carry capasity with me).

Hadn't i mentioned the chrysanthemum trips?No matter which method you choose,you won't harvest chrysanmum and bring it to make essences freshly because it's always far.So the chrysanthemum trip should always be from chrysanthemum to storage.As I said it doesn't matter.

Well, which method will you choose?Obviously.But maybe you will ask "How about other essences and bars?".Take more look then.

Iron bar needs 7 iron ores, 3 coals and 2 fes.If all equipments are the same(308 loads remain) and I want to make 380 iron bars at DP storage,I'll need 380*7=2660 iron ores and 380*11/15=279 vegetables which means 35+1 trips(coal and fe trips will talk about later).And if I make them at iron mine,the trips will become like;First:harvest 279 vegetables and bring them to iron mine(means 1 trip).Second:go to DP storage,bring 114 coals and 76 fes to iron mine, and make 38 iron bars,then bring them back to storage.Do this ten times(means 10 trips) and the work is done.Also,you only run the risk of losing vegetables,but you save 36-11=25 trips.Each trip is about 3mins and 30secs(similar to from DP storage to silver mine) and 25 trips are 87mins 30secs.Which means if you choose the second method you save one and half hours per 380 iron bars.

Coal trip should be the same weather which method you use,and fire essences shouldn't be fresh for that waste more time(probably your bag will disappear after that).

Is there a simple formula for telling which method should you choose?Yes.Take iron bar for instance.Why will it save time if you bring the ingredients to iron mine and make bars there?The iron ore weights 4 and it takes 7 ores to make one bar.Iron ores occupy the most percentage of all the ingredients' weights.So take it to storage wastes the most time.And if you bring 308 loads of ingredients to a mine but only use no more than 308 loads of the mine's ores,it won't be more efficient since one trip to the mine only use the ores less than or equal to your carry capasity.Thus we can get this formula:

If {(ingredient A's weight)*(ingredient A's necassary quantities)} > {(B's weight)*(B's necassary quantities) + (C's weight)*(C's necassary quantities) + (D..) + (E..) + etc}

is true.Making this item at A's mine is more efficient.And if you swap A&B in the formula and it's true,you'd better make it at B's mine.If you keep swaping and it's always false,making it at storage is efficient enough.That's simple, isn't it?

And by the way,teamwork won't be more efficient unless the one making items has higher alchemy skill(means less failure) or the one who supply the one doing alchemy has higher carry capacity.

Maybe many people know this already,but it may still help for others.If you know this already,just igore it.

PS:failure may increase the amount of food cost,but it should only increase one trip at most,so I just ingore it.

And then you have the kinds of people who mine up massive amounts of silver ore and chrysanthemums, go to morcraven marsh, harvest atleast 450-500 fruits, go back to raven's, and just make 1k HEs per turn in peace at Raven's in our own timely manner. :bow_arrow:

It's the main benefit of just gathering up all supplies beforehand -- you can make it when you please.

Ehrm.. I didn't check your formula's.. but when ingreds aren't far away from eachother (i.e. less far than storage), it's always faster to make them at the heaviest ingred's (total emu of that ingred per item you make) harvest spot. Simple as that.

For your example health essences -- silver ore:chrys:fruit = about 4:1:.5 (emu needed per ingred). Why should you run 6 times all the way to storage for a full load of health essences if you can do it with 2 to MM cave (food and chrys's nearby..) and the last run back to storage?

Of course this works only if you don't need to care (much) about leaving ingreds behind:

– When you work together with one other player, one can get double loads of chrys's and fruits (3 short runs) while the other is mining silver ore, and you can make the essences together.

– If you're not very social and rather make them yourself (or just can't find a mate at that moment), you can also do the hide-the-ingreds-around-the-corner trick. Drop the fruits near the silver, but at a low-trafic spot. Get chrys's, drop at silver, get your fruits and there you go. There's not much chance your bag gets jumped in that short period of time, or at least you know who did it... :bow_arrow:

Guest swl183

well,i don't know there are chrysanthemums at MM :P ,thanks for telling.

Edited by swl183

It's fine for small amounts, but for something like 56k health essences, gathering and making everything at a storage is best.

It's fine for small amounts, but for something like 56k health essences, gathering and making everything at a storage is best.

187612[/snapback]

How about 460k? :P

Shivar- you and I need to make some teamwork asap!

and to swl183

The chrys in MM marsh are by the house in the lower right hand corner. Sorry I dont know the exact cords.

JaneMuffin

Well! It's not like it was a secret! :icon13:

swl's method is extremely efficient when there are 20+ people working in the same spot... People can take turns getting ingredients or making the items. No time is wasted at all. ;)

Shivar- you and I need to make some teamwork asap!

and to swl183

The chrys in MM marsh are by the house in the lower right hand corner.  Sorry I dont know the exact cords.

JaneMuffin

Well! It's not like it was a secret! ;)

187826[/snapback]

no thx ..atm :}