Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Izzy

The Book of Legend

Book 1: The Nocturne of Illusion

This is a world that can only be dreamt of, it was at least, now it borders on nightmarish bastions, which now lurks in the depth of the abyss with a hellish truth. This is the eternity that we blessed and cursed upon our souls, I lay my hands and my swords so I hope you will listen as my story unfolds.

Episode 1: The Prince of Dragons

Have you heard the legendary tales of a warrior named Tiamat? - He was a great warrior and noble to a fault, he was forced to save his child from a dragon cub and had slain the cub… But in return the father of the cub came to earth to slay the one who had slain its cub. The dragon god Bahamut, rained his fiery wrath down on the living and only one person knew why, at the cost of his humanity he fought with the king of beasts to his failure, Bahamut cursed him to forever be menial and to forever be a dragon.

Chapter 1: The Book of Legend

: This town has much history to it; it smells great here even. I wonder where that smell is coming from. (There seems to be a pub over there, my best bet is that wonderful aroma is coming from within its humble exterior.)

(Walk to Reca’s Pub)

Reca: Hello, what can I do for you?

: I would like to have whatever is smells so good.

Reca: Oh, that would be the Lupine Broth… that is for someone else sorry…

:oh, ok

Reca: But I’d gladly make you some, it’s just that we need the ingredients.

: Oh, and what would that be?

Reca: Well of course a lupine, a piece of cooked meat, which we have here and red snapdragons stewed with two chrysanthemums… I think Flora could do that.

: Where can I find Flora?

Reca: Oh, she’s usually at home; just follow the road going north from here.

: Ok I’ll be back soon.

(Meets Flora)

Flora: Oh a chrysanthemum; they grow on rocks by water on this island. If you bring a few back I’ll gladly brew some of them up for you, I was looking for some flowers too, so make sure to bring enough for yourself, also there are some other flowers on this island if you don’t mind could you gather them for me?

: Yea, sure.

(Flora again after flowers)

…..

(

I just want some comment about the story flow, I’m not sure if EL still works in this flow but if it does then give me a comment about this.

)

so I guess the idea was the category of them...

Bahamut

Odin

Zues

Nephtis

Ra

The five gods, but the wierd part was Tiamat.

All I could find about it was that its a legendary dragon. You people should read up on his tales sorta makes you wonder if dragons were real.

The dragon god Bahamut lord of beasts and ultimate in power.

Odin lord of the northern gods who resided in ragnarok rode a white horse I believe was Norsica.

Zues King of the greek gods and some what romans commanded only by his mischivious wife who was also his sister, Hera.

Nephtis Goddess of the eastern world pre mandate heaven. Goddess of everything from the minute to the grand one whos power is unrivaled.

Ra - Egyptan god of the sun, and a source of the ultimate power, whos only alter was Anubis. But much like Anubis who controled darkness and life. Ra controlled light and death.

Encyclopedia Mythica

In Babylonian myths, Tiamat is a huge, bloated female dragon that personifies the saltwater ocean, the water of Chaos. She is also the primordial mother of all that exists, including the gods themselves. Her consort is Apsu, the personification of the freshwater abyss that lies beneath the Earth. From their union, saltwater with freshwater, the first pair of gods were born. They are Lachmu and Lachamu, parents of Ansar and Kisar, grandparents of Anu and Ea.

In the creation epic Enuma elish, written around 2000 BCE, their descendants started to irritate Tiamat and Apsu so they decided to kill their offspring. Ea discovered their plans and he managed to kill Apsu while the latter was asleep. Tiamat flew into a rage when she learned about Apsu's death and wanted to avenge her husband. She created an army of monstrous creatures, which was to be led by her new consort Kingu, who is also her son. Eventually, Tiamat was defeated by the young god Marduk, who was born in the deep freshwater sea.

Marduk cleaved her body in half, and from the upper half he created the sky and from the lower half he made the earth. From her water came forth the clouds and her tears became the source of the Tigris and the Euphratus. Kingu also perished, and from his blood Marduk created the first humans.

Ra's alternate you will find is Seth(Set) not Anubis. Anubis is god of the dead, not death.

You will fidn a ton of info on all the figures listed on the above mentioned website.

never said he was death, Tiamat I never read up on but nice info thanks. As for Seth I did know about seth but no need for him I meant it as in this story the alternate of gods was anubis to Ra.

Also in this story Tiamat was to be a hero not as the original which you very perfectly describe so I wont describe it again.

If ya wanted to know then ask dont assume. Since your so adept in the field of history you should know each story has a great moral to it. I'm sure a couple of the greek ones deal with gods assuming allot and always ending up in perdicaments they didnt have to be in to begin with. =P

However in egypt correct Anubis is god of the undead but I never said he controled death. Only that he gives life to the dead. Thus he controls the undead.

Its not the fine print is it?

Episode 1: The Prince of Dragons

Have you heard the legendary tales of a warrior named Tiamat?  -  He was a great warrior and noble to a fault, he was forced to save his child from a dragon cub and had slain the cub… But in return the father of the cub came to earth to slay the one who had slain its cub. The dragon god Bahamut, rained his fiery wrath down on the living and only one person knew why, at the cost of his humanity he fought with the king of beasts to his failure, Bahamut cursed him to forever be menial and to forever be a dragon.

I kind of like this story, it would be a nice one to refine and include. First though, you'd have to make up original names for the dragons. I dont want to use any ancient myth history, becuase we're making up our own stories here. I would really like to read about it if we follow the path of the main character in greater detail. And this could be an "ancient legend" in the game that you ehar about in quests perhaps...but don't make up any quests for it now, just the story if you want to do it.

Another thing I was thinking about, dragons will be pretty much impossible to have in the game due to technical reasons :D ....but EL2 will certainly have them! :( So I was thinking, maybe dragons dissapeared form EL for a mysterious reason......

Hmm... how about something like:

They were originally a dominant species created by Mortos - some clever, most not - which roamed the second continent, eating all the food and generally causing devastation (and stories, natch :wink: ) until a campaign by the Minotaurs and Humans began to wipe them out.

Only the very smartest, feared almost as gods by the mortal races for their ferocity and cunnning, survived and crawled beneath the surface of the earth, where they have rested and bred ever since.

In an EL2 you could then bring them back, as the breeding beneath the earth of only smart dragons has finally created an evolutionary strand cunning enough to take care of itself in the world above, even with the odds stacked against it.

Who is the main character:?: err...

I am sorta lost - is the player the main character or an npc that the story revolves around including the actions of the player?

Izzy: take a look at what I wrote in the "offical storyline decision" post.

Sai: that might be an idea...but I don't want to state what happened to the dragons, I want it to remain a mystery..so it will be...more mysterious ;) Maybe there can be some quests to try and find out what happened, you'd find clues, maybe a lost dragon scale artifact that has high magical powers, and such..then in EL2 you'd find otu what really happened to them, and they'd be back :)

Basically, what they said. :) Read Kayliana's thread on the Forums about Dragons, and try to work with it. (Tiral = Bahamut?)

Don't go into too much specifics about the demise of the dragons, but if you want to do a focus piece about a specific dragon (ie. Myth or Legend style), that's fine with me. :D And, again, to reinforce what Roja said - no borrowing from Earth mythology. :wink: Get rid of the Reca's pub section unless it's really crucial to your storyline.

-Lyn-