Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ryuu

Next gen consoles and DoA ^^

Which Next-gen console will you get?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Next-gen console will you get?

• Xbox 360
    • Nintendo Revolution
    • PS3
    • I'll just stick to PC games
    • Ehh..?

I bet you fall for this every generation dont you :D

They are more than likely pre-rendered cut-scenes than actual gameplay graphics.

I voted a PS3. Third party games, and because its not another Microsoft product :P

I bet you fall for this every generation dont you :)

They are more than likely pre-rendered cut-scenes than actual gameplay graphics.

I voted a PS3. Third party games, and because its not another Microsoft product :P

187115[/snapback]

"the graphical grunt of the 360 is around twice as powerful as the most powerful PC chipset architecture currently in circulation." - GameSpy.com

Sounds like there's a chance it's real-time. :)

Also, what's wrong with Microsoft? I changed my mind about them when xbox was released, and DoA: Ultimate :hehe: which has alot of real-time graphics that look damn close to pre-rendered :D

"the graphical grunt of the 360 is around twice as powerful as the most powerful PC chipset architecture currently in circulation." - GameSpy.com

Sounds like there's a chance it's real-time. :hehe:

Also, what's wrong with Microsoft?  I changed my mind about them when xbox was released, and DoA: Ultimate :D which has alot of real-time graphics that look damn close to pre-rendered :P

187116[/snapback]

At what cost? If those screenies are of realtime play (and I don't necessarily doubt it), what will the actual gameplay be like if the majority of development went into the looks?

And my Microsoft hatred stems from the fact im a Linux zealot. Plus, I find Playstation titles much more gripping and entertaining. Although, i'm sure there are some good XBox titles out there :)

(On another note, read this. There is potential that third-party gaming on the XBox could be limited due to MS` money grabbing tactics :))

At what cost? If those screenies are of realtime play (and I don't necessarily doubt it), what will the actual gameplay be like if the majority of development went into the looks?

And my Microsoft hatred stems from the fact im a Linux zealot. Plus, I find Playstation titles much more gripping and entertaining. Although, i'm sure there are some good XBox titles out there :)

(On another note, read this. There is potential that third-party gaming on the XBox could be limited due to MS` money grabbing tactics :D)

187117[/snapback]

Those screenies are taken from a non-playable demo of the game that is only 15% complete, but if it's anything like alot of the other DoA titles, the gameplay should be good as well :P

As for the slashdot thing...

"The new console will employ hardware security mechanisms to ensure that only products created by developers willing to fork over cash to Microsoft can connect to and work with the console. "

Ever hear of a mod chip? :hehe:

Seriously though, it probably won't stop most of the devs. atleast not the main-stream ones, like Tecmo, Bungie, Rare, etc..

While it is true that Playstation has had some advantages over Xbox in the RPG department, I still think that Xbox will have a better overall line-up of games. (Not to say that Xbox hasn't had it's share of exellent RPGs like Fable and Morrowind)

Ever hear of a mod chip? :)

Thats exactly what you wont be able to do :P Coupled with DRM, you'll be pretty much limited customisation wise

Seriously though, it probably won't stop most of the devs. atleast not the main-stream ones, like Tecmo, Bungie, Rare, etc..

Sure, but the smaller companies that make some decent games may not have the money (or desire) to even attempt the scheme.

While it is true that Playstation has had some advantages over Xbox in the RPG department, I still think that Xbox will have a better overall line-up of games. (Not to say that Xbox hasn't had it's share of exellent RPGs like Fable and Morrowind)

187120[/snapback]

I don't doubt it, there are some decent titles of course, its just my preference; as the XBox is yours :D

Xbox 360's just 3 3.5-GHz PowerPC-based processors. ANd a 500-MHz ATi graphics card, 512 MB RAM. Does have a rather small 20 GB hard drive.

Now the PS3... 8 simultanious tasks, and graphics card about 2 GeForce 6800 Ultras. I think it has a little more power...

Sources: Volume 128, No. 8 of Popular Mechanics.

First thing: Fanboyism (Zealotry) SUCKS in gaming. There is a certain amount of gamers that just want to game, and don't really care if it's Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Sega, Atari, maybe even Intellivision. ;) True, most of the gamers I know personally are Windows users, and have their computers geared up real good as gaming rigs. Why Windows? So far, most games run on it.

My personal thought: I always wanted to be able to put the Genesis carts in a SNES... and vice versa. I knew it didn't work, but I've never understood what (besides money) would keep people from even trying to work together for the good of all games... (gamer-utopia? :lol: )

Then again, if Xbox is going to start making people pay a fee to make third-party products for their system... don't everybody already do this?

Just waiting to see who makes the "Beta" mistake (similar to the "Apple" mistake)...

why get a X-box when u can get a free imulater. all 1 of the 5 imulaters need is an FPS of 10 and X-box is doomed.....

by the way, fable and marowind had very low replay values. if u want RPG by the PS3 ;)

Edited by sora_barzahd

why get a X-box when u can get a free imulater. all 1 of the 5 imulaters need is an FPS of 10 and X-box is doomed.....

by the way, fable and marowind had very low replay values. if u want RPG by the PS3 :confused:

187207[/snapback]

2 reasons:

1.) some people prefer console gaming separate of their computer gaming, or don't even want to think of their computer as a gaming device.

2.) The legality of emulators is questionable (thank you Sony).

pumping adrenaline gfx into a console wont make it number one,

nor will a V8 supercharged motor attached to a CPU.

what you'd need, and what everyone wants, is something different.

They want a new type of gaming, they want a revolution to the gaming history, they want Revolution.

Eh... I voted, PS3..... not.....

I've been with Nintendo ever since I was 7, when I got my SNES for a present ^.^

and don't go flaming me or anything =P

CXDX's BIOS are built entirly seperate of the Xbox OS, which makes it legal, if not always legally used. However, it only works for SOME xbox one games, and only about seven go fullspeed. And those are generally the older ones, such as Turok 2, etc.

There isn't a good PS2 emulator, there's one that only plays 2 commerical games and you need SSE2 (P4 or Athelon 64-bit) to use it, and even then it's only 5 fps or so. Heck, on my system, 56x CD drive, 2200+ XP AMD, GeForce 440 MX, FFIX (which I *do* own, btw) only gets about 10-ish anytime it has to do something other than a cutscene.

Gamecube and Nintendo Revolution don't even use DVD's, they use 4.7-in. optical discs. Computers can't even read them. PS3's using Blu-Ray discs, which computers can't read yet either. And if they only have 7 or so games that play for the Xbox one, good luck finding games that work with the Xbox 360.

And thus ends your emulator discussion.

Edited by freeone3000

1.) some people prefer console gaming separate of their computer gaming, or don't even want to think of their computer as a gaming device.

2.) The legality of emulators is questionable (thank you Sony).

187218[/snapback]

3.) It takes a while for emulators to be created once the console is released.

Im having to stick to computers, they have better games due to they get upgraded and have updates practicaly every few months. Heres a few PC games...

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

ob_08.jpg

World of Warcraft

(not as good as Oblivion, but still good)

world_of_warcraft1b.jpg

Guild Wars

(still a good game)

9.jpg

All are accual screenshots. There are tons more, but im to lazy to find a picture. :D