Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gurgeh

FEP

FEP (Fighting Experience Project)

Hi all. Are u bored while training?. Ok I have some thing u can do, just contribute to this project :sneaky: .

1-Intro: The objective of this project is to make a comparative of experiences u get form training all kind of monsters/animals on EL. This comparative pretend to be non a/d/p/c/w… dependant.

2-Performance: Depend of your kind of training this would be easier or hard to do:

a.Just write your actual Overall exp, Magic exp (if u will use magic while train), Potion exp (if u will make potions while train).

b.U must count the number of defeated creatures (if they drop bones u don’t need to count if u get all bones)

c.When u finish your training just write your actual Overall exp, Magic exp and Potion exp.

d.Calculate the gain in Overall exp, Magic exp and Potion exp.

e.Substract of the overall exp gain the magical and potion gain.

f.Divide this result by the number of defeated creatures and write the result.

g.Now do the a-f steps with another kind of creature and with the same a/d/p/c/w…

h.Divide the 2 results and post it :evilgrin:

3-Requirements: If it’s possible u must defeat at least 20 creatures and each one with at least 5 hits bare hands.

Here are my provisional data:

Male Orc/Fem Orc = 2.20

Troll/Male Orc = 1.07

Now, using Fem Orc Base I can join data:

Fem Orc = 1

Male Orc = 2.20

Troll = 2.35

Thank u in advance and sorry for my English.

Edited by gurgeh

Hello again. I have a new data and another revised.

Yes I know I can edit my first post, but I am taking a little publicity license. Hope no one will be pissed.

Bear/M. Orc = 1.07

Troll/M. Orc = 1.09

(Ogre/M. Orc = 2.46)*

So the new exp scale is like:

Female Orc = 1

Male Orc = 2.20

Bear = 2.35

Troll = 2.40

(Ogre = 5.41)*

*In this one I just use a lot of def. pots. I don’t know if this will affect exp.

I hope this will be useful. All help will be welcomed even to contrast same creatures data. :angry:

so you devide the exp?

so you devide the exp?

187986[/snapback]

Yes, i divide the exp from 2 different kind of creatures (trained with the same a/d/p/c/w). This way maybe the data will be a/d/p/c/w independent and aplicable to all players.

Thanks to be interested in this project :P

The Def exp you get is related to the Atk level from the opponent, your defence level, and your rationality.

There is not really a exp per monster, only exp per hit(atk) or dodge (def).

If the exp you get is lower than 0 the exp will be based on your rationality. This explains you sometimes can get more exp per hit from lower monsters (e.g. I get more exp per hit from a rabbit than from a garg)

The exp is not affected by : atk/def potions, meds, armour, weapons or whatever (reasoning/will pots will give a small increase).

The relation concerning phys and coord (and others) :

Its the cross attribs that do the trick.

Higher dexterity : you have better chance hitting

Higher reaction : you will be hit less

Higher toughness : you get less damage if you get hit

Higher might : you do more damage per hit

So, if you want loads of exp for defence :

Best armour, uni med, no weapon.

And for atk exp :

Best armour, moon med, weapon only if you cannot win without.

Best creatures for attack exp : armed gobs (their def/atk ratio is higher)

For both atk and def exp (and everything else giving exp) get your rationality as high as you can afford (for fighter will is good for extra hp and mana)

Just get the devs to change the exp system already! the current system makes weapons worthless. either change the exp system or just take weapons out of the game, no one uses them anyways. -_-

Edited by Alderan

Just get the devs to change the exp system already! the current system makes weapons worthless. either change the exp system or just take weapons out of the game, no one uses them anyways. -_-

188869[/snapback]

Except for pking, or noobs that don't know you get less xp with a weapon.

I rarely use weapons.

The way you get most exp is high will and low phys.

And keep that finger parked on the home button (to attempt fleeing).

You get only exp for the first 14 ? rounds (think it was 14) and if you manage to flee that starts at 0 again.

In that way I once managed to get 20000+ (yes more than 20k) exp for one single small garg.

How many would you need to kill with weapons and high phys to get that much ?

I am one of the players that has the most levels (16 a.t.m) between attack and defence (As far as I know only Waldi0 has more; 20 lvls)

The Def exp you get is related to the Atk level from the opponent, your defence level, and your rationality.

There is not really a exp per monster, only exp per hit(atk) or dodge (def).

188828[/snapback]

Thx u very much. this clarifies me a lot of things. But still don't understand the formula that gives u the exp per hit from the a/d of the monster.

monsters has P/C? and this not afects the exp per hit?

Thank u in advance.

P and C does not affect exp.

You kill faster if its higher and have indirect less exp, but the exp per hit remains the same.

If you level up 1 def lvl you get 1 point def exp per dodge from the same creature. (same thing with attack)

P and C does not affect exp.

189728[/snapback]

aha. So hiting/dodging Corpus gives a poor exp (this asks one of my "eternal" questions :-) )

If you level up 1 def lvl you get 1 point def exp per dodge from the same creature. (same thing with attack)

189728[/snapback]

mmm u mean that u get 1 point less of exp?

aha. So hiting/dodging Corpus gives a poor exp (this asks one of my "eternal" questions :-) )

mmm u mean that u get 1 point less of exp?

189995[/snapback]

Thats correct.

I get 51 def exp for a fem orc

If I level up a def level, its going to be 50 def exp.

This goes on until the exp you get is 0.

Than you get exp related to your rationality.

(I get about 3 def exp from a garg per dodge, and 12 for a rabbit)

The combat formulas are 2 formulas.

The first one determines hit = yes/no

If you hit a creature the parameters are :

your attack, your dexterity, creature defence, creature reaction and a random number (including books,meds,armour and so)

Second determines how high the damage is.

parameters are :

your attack, your might, weapon damage

creature defence, creature toughness and again a random number

again including meds, armour and so

I might have forgotten some parameters, but now you have a clue in what direction you should think.

My first reply to a massively old topic. I know that everything teranoz says here is spot on and still holds true. The only thing I am not 100% on is that your attack level increases your damage. Is it true that attack level adds damage or just indirectly makes it higher because you hit more often? If there is a post telling this I could not find it after a couple of hours of searching. Help please. :)

TirunCollimdus

Edited by TirunCollimdus

- more accuracy means more chances to hit your opponent;

- critical to hit means it bypasses all the enemy defense rolls (for example, a level 5 player has no chance to hit a level 100 player, but if he has a critical to hit, there is a chance he will hit sometimes);

- critical to damage means it bypasses all the armor and does a full damage.

This is what Entropy told us in an old post, i think. :medieval:

Since we cant know exactly without the server code or an explanation of how the damage system on combat works, we can just guess how the damage is calculated.

My personal guess is that the range of damage is based on your matter (based on p/c) and the damage attribute of the weapon. And the higher your attack skill, the higher is the chances of your hit inflicts near the maximum allowed by your weapon and p/c. This is still calculated on critical hits, its just ignore opponents defense to hit.

Then if you hitted, that damage calculated above would be subtracted by oponent's thoughness and armor bonus + defense/10... Critical to damage hits would ignore this calculation.

To hit, as ratman said above is, calculated by ((attack skill of the attacker + dexteritity + accuracy + random chance) - (defense skill of defender + reaction + random chance)).

Of course, what i said above is completly unofficial and can be completly wrong... its just the way i think the combat system works in EL.

Old post of mine, still dunno how much of it is true.

Long ago, I used to experience my damage was WAY higher then people who only pvped and raised their defense level. I managed to pull out 40+ hits rather easy while I rarely got hit for 30+ myself.

Most of the 30+ hits were thermal serps too, btw. :D

-Blee

might and attack level both affect damage, but att level less so

every 10 att levels is like +1 damage or so

might and attack level both affect damage, but att level less so

every 10 att levels is like +1 damage or so

Well, i tried to explain how i guess the damage system works. Ignoring critical and critical to damage hits, and some extra damage of fire, ice, etc, my guess is that you get a certain 'range' with a minimum and maximum values based on your matter cross attribute and the damage attribute of your weapon (or maybe medallion if you are using stars med, but few people do use that med). So the higher your attack, the higher the chances of doing damage next to your maximum allowed by your wep and matter.

So, with strenght, you are able to do a lot of damage. But, without skill, you don't know how to use your full potential very well.

Again, this is based only on my personal experience and can be completly wrong. But i don't think that is so simple as adding (your attack level / some value) to the amount of damage. Test with different attack combos, true sight pots and blessing of attack god are valuable to do that. :icon13:

Edited by Lorck