Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tumaros

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Did anyone else happen to catch Green Day's "Wake Me Up When September Ends" video on VH1 just barely?

:P

Talk about deep...and anti-war...'course, it is Green Day...but wow...

And secondly, once you do see the video...for people who know the whole album's story...

Are they making a movie? And if so...is that Jesus of Suburbia and Whatshername?

If you're totally confused, don't bother posting, please...thanks :P

hmm, havent seen the "wake me up when sepember ends" video yet, but i do have the cd (which rocks btw :P ) , but, yeah, maybe they are trying to make a movie. hope if they are, it comes ut on DVD.

and yaeh, this one is really anti war, and part anti Bush. cant wait to see the new vid :D

Well after some quick brief google-osity, apparently they do have plans for "American Idiot: The Movie" but they're supposed to begin filming "as early as next year..." perhaps they started early...?

Very anti-war and anti-Bush though. I give them 100% respect and a whole lotta credit for that :P

Well after some quick brief google-osity, apparently they do have plans for "American Idiot: The Movie" but they're supposed to begin filming "as early as next year..." perhaps they started early...?

Very anti-war and anti-Bush though. I give them 100% respect and a whole lotta credit for that :P

186829[/snapback]

Ditto.

The video is great; as is the album (although, nothing can match Dookie :D ). Of course, Green Day have hated bush for a while, and I certainly wasn't aware they were making a movie ^_^

Did anyone else happen to catch Green Day's "Wake Me Up When September Ends" video on VH1 just barely?

:blink:

Talk about deep...and anti-war...'course, it is Green Day...but wow...

And secondly, once you do see the video...for people who know the whole album's story...

Are they making a movie? And if so...is that Jesus of Suburbia and Whatshername?

If you're totally confused, don't bother posting, please...thanks  :P

186806[/snapback]

nope i havent seen the video...but guess what I"M GOING TO THEIR CONCERT WOOOOO hahahahahhhhhhhahaah :hiya: <thats the best icon i can find to display the 'rub it in ur face' feeling I have right now

ok ok enuf of that....

"Wake....Ends" is one of the best new songs I've heard in a very very long time.

It would be sweet if they made a movie. I dont watch VH1 or mtv so i dont see any music videos..ever...but w/e i'm going to their concert :hehe::P:sneaky:

what a joke...

it actully increases the % of young adult joinning the american force.

because they think that is heroic.

188103[/snapback]

Ummmm, you need to think a little more (it probably hurts though). Green Day are quite anti-war/anti-bush. The purpose of the video is not for that, but it depicts how the Iraq war affects ordinary people, and not just the affects in Iraq - but on those who are back home, away from the frontline.

just saw it...i know im late :) it was great, going to get theyr cd on my bday :D

just saw it...i know im late :) it was great, going to get theyr cd on my bday :D

188698[/snapback]

Hehe, good choice.

Get their back catalogue too (start with Dookie :-))

and yaeh, this one is really anti war, and part anti Bush. cant wait to see the new vid  :confused:

186826[/snapback]

You must have seen it already, they play it only a dozen times a day. :/

dammit i cant find green day album in any music shops...and i want it baaaadly :confused:

i saw green day cd 1 day, but had no money with me, was just browsing the cd's, next day i come to buy it and...its no more there :P

I don't even wanna hear about it.

[Except on AIM...LOG ON ALREADY!!! :medieval: ]

oh man wtf when a guy sends me wake me up when september ends polyphonic melody, it gets fu**** up after 5 minutes?btw i cant get the song out of my head its just...argh!!!i was singing it in bath!

wake me up when september ends is really about mike dirnt and billy joe's childhood. They always had very rough times at school and loved the summer. Also Billy joe's dad died in early september i believe, and he was going through the hardest times. That is what this song mainly reflects

Just like Boulevard of Broken dreams, which is about how greenday had been shunned by many of their fans. They're early fans accused them of selling out after they left lookout records, they werent aloud to play at any of their favorite punk rock clubs. Not even the clubs that they first played in would let them back. They got alot of shit from their fans when they played at woodstock as well. Thats what that song is supposed to reflect.

but both songs still play into the entire story of "american idiot"

and i heard it was an opera not a movie ><

And good riddance is a sacastic song, its meaning is basically "fuck off". But its still the #1 wedding song ;D

Edited by MikeH

Observant VH1 viewer, MikeH :huh:

"86" - also about their sellout, "never returning" to their underground-punk world...

Opera = yes

Movie = possibility, seen some discussions/rumors about it

It all depends on how you look at it, which I think is the whole idea of American Idiot...

Some people see each song [especially the likes of American Idiot and Holiday] in an anti-war form...

Others, myself in particular, look more into the actualy "storyline" of the album...about the Jesus of Suburbia, St. Jimmy, Whatshername, and the character development...

And still others look at it in the "behind the scenes" form -- such as "Wake Me Up" being a song about his father (which, partially, is), and stuff like that...

*Could go into a huge discussion about perception...the basis of our lives >_<*

Guest LinkLHD

I don't see how the album could be anti-war and anti-Bush. I'm a Republican. I do see how Holiday is anti-war though. But anyway. I saw the making of WMUWSE. And they started playing Extraordinary Girl. It was a scene where the girl is sitting on those seats and she looks up into the sky. And it occured to me that she could be the She's a Rebel/Whatsername character.