Eternal Lands Official Forums
sMooMs

This doesnt make any sence.

If that is illegal giving ur second char something via another person , then like 90% of EL must be punished.

Actually i didn't even know that was a rule..

And i play this game pretty long now , no im not noob and i dont understand those things it's just it wasnt clear enough i think.

186355[/snapback]

This poor rule keeps getting reworked and reworked to try to make it clear. But everytime we think we have it right, a new method shows up that is obviously circumventing the rules we had made, but isn't spelled out in black and white.

It's been stated by roja and others in various threads that it is ok to have alternate characters, but they are to be independent characters, not receiving items from the "main" character, or made to give items to the main character. We have tried not to be so specific in the rules that nothing is allowed, but always things come up that we either didn't think of, or that we really thought were pretty obvious that it would be illegal because it obviously is a workaround of a specific rule.

This is NOT because one brother traded with another brother from the same IP. I just don't see how you can't see that using a middleman is OK...if that were OK, we wouldn't bother with the rules at all. That's saying "Ok you can illegally multiplay ONLY if you do it the hard way". :P

Personally I think you are lucky only your alt was locked.

Ok how about this

i give full plate to a person as a gift

he gives the full plate to my second char as a gift

Oo

Anyways..... back to GW for me where they have a shared storage :P

Edited by Shivar

We have tried not to be so specific in the rules that nothing is allowed, but always things come up that we either didn't think of, or that we really thought were pretty obvious that it would be illegal because it obviously is a workaround of a specific rule. 

186361[/snapback]

i see this....then i look at my coffee i just got from the cafe and notice "CAUTION HOT!" now common sence alread states this......why not just put those obvious things there so people cant fuss about it.....though probly will anyway due to some people are just stupid that way i suppose

I read this entire thing, and im a little confused. :omg: Heres what i get... Before playing, the posted they were brothers and asked if they could trade to eachother under the same IP, it was approved. If mod/admin verifies they did say this, let them off the hook. If not, that'd be up to the them.

Edited by Gecko_Master

From what I understand, it was ONLY from their two main characters and not the every single one. Meaning ONLY smooms and shivar can trade but any other characters would be breaking the rules.

From what I understand, it was ONLY from their two main characters and not the every single one. Meaning ONLY smooms and shivar can trade but any other characters would be breaking the rules.

186544[/snapback]

Plus, while trying to explain to me what they did, they admitted to having assisted the bomber characters by giving one a Thermal Serp, and I presume one or both of the ones involved also had plate (lots of the bombers I had been seeing were walking around in plate). That is an attempt to circumvent the illegal multiplay rules where you are giving other characters of your own things they haven't earned.

That illegal multiplaying is also the same rule that has been used to shutdown some of the scam characters that are created only to scam and then give the stolen goods to another character.

so any change we get our items back ?

186552[/snapback]

I will repeat myself yet again ... I'm leaving this for Entropy to decide when he gets back! I had said that several times to sMooMs before this was even posted.

well i am not sMooMs :confused:

186579[/snapback]

Im not trying to be rude or anything, but i beleive that was a smart-ass remark. Not a wise thing to say while your character has a chance to be banned.

well i am not sMooMs :hehe:

186579[/snapback]

( whispers)

I would advise you to be patient....your not really advancing your already weak case. There is a time to keep your mouth shut......you might try caution now.

:)