Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimov

Eternal PvP

We could have two sides, that constantly fight a war, and pk eachother on any map other than ip. The can be two major cities, or so to which you can pledge allegiance after a certain lvl. Of course many ppl are gonna whine for being pked, their can be a pacifist option - cannot be attacked by, and cannot attack other players. This can be change by a command #pacifist or so, which you are allowed to change every 4 ingame days, so it cant be abused. Pacifist may also prevent u to enter pvp maps, but that maybe an overkill. Like it? "Reasonable" enough?

Dimov, that is a direct copy of the game 'Helbreath.' If this does get put in, atleast make it where someone never has to join either side because that's one of the things that made Helbreath a pitiful game -- you had to join a side or never level up past 20.

Plus it breaks up numerous friendships. :omg:

We could have two sides, that constantly fight a war, and pk eachother on any map other than ip. The can be two major cities, or so to which you can pledge allegiance after a certain lvl. Of course many ppl are gonna whine for being pked, their can be a pacifist option - cannot be attacked by,  and cannot attack other players. This can be change by a command #pacifist or so, which you are allowed to change every 4 ingame days, so it cant be abused. Pacifist may also prevent u to enter pvp maps, but that maybe an overkill. Like it? "Reasonable" enough?

185397[/snapback]

Similar to 'pro' in some MUDs. If you type it, your PvPable, and you have no 'protection from the gods'.

Not bad :omg:

Maybe a god war would be suitable between opposing gods.

If you want the benefits given by god worship, you have to join their fight.

Well, upon real contemplation thats actually quite a scarey thought. There would probably be chaos :pinch:

Problems considering this games compatibility with player wars is that after a few rounds of killing one side would be extremely low on resources, after losing their items to the other.

Maybe a god war would be suitable between opposing gods.

If you want the benefits given by god worship, you have to join their fight.

Well, upon real contemplation thats actually quite a scarey thought. There would probably be chaos  :pinch:

Problems considering this games compatibility with player wars is that after a few rounds of killing one side would be extremely low on resources, after losing their items to the other.

185775[/snapback]

i've been toying with this idea, though on a smaller scale, for a while. at certain times, followers of an enemy of a god you follow would be PKable on certain maps. possibly with level limits. the temple of an enemy god would always make you locally PKable, for example

and godless could mean you're against all gods, and an enemy for all god-followers in some instances (there's always the option to not server any god and not take godless)

the idea needs more fleshing out though

What about a war between the two continents?

Players from Seridia would be PKable on all the maps of Irilion, and players from Irilion would be PKable on all the maps of Seridia.

vegar, good idea.

hmm, to not divide all guilds and friendship,

player can choose his country when registering,

or make autochoosing to keep count of players on both coutried almost equal.

Edited by MetLinux_LNX

Guest skaar
What about a war between the two continents?

Players from Seridia would be PKable on all the maps of Irilion, and players from Irilion would be PKable on all the maps of Seridia.

185920[/snapback]

hmm, i think it's better all maps are pk maps and only some areas like around the storages, villages, main pathes and main resources are save places. for the story you can implement a war between 2 continents or serveal gods, but you should also have the chance to attack all players. if you are fighting for one side you have the protection from the mass or if you choose to be a outsider you fight for your own or your clan (if u are in a guild).

so there are much more options what you can do and outlaws get punished by the community.

just my 2 cents.

We could possibly have them like two volunteers armies, i.e. trik's army , and another npc's army, so we wont get everyone in the war.

hmm, i think it's better all maps are pk maps and only some areas like around the storages, villages, main pathes and main resources are save places. for the story you can implement a war between 2 continents or serveal gods, but you should also have the chance to attack all players. if you are fighting for one side you have the protection from the mass or if you choose to be a outsider you fight for your own or your clan (if u are in a guild).

so there are much more options what you can do and outlaws get punished by the community.

just my 2 cents.

185931[/snapback]

How about no? Some of us aren't PKers at all. Some of us don't really care about fighting period. In general, that's probably half the community or more at the least. If 15 year olds want to go fight for online respect, let them. I want no part in anything they do. <_<

I think this is not for EL. I vote no. If you want to fight, go to a pk map. Most of the players here in EL are here becaues you don't have to fight if you don't want to.