Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimov

Bloody war...

Well my first post in the SL dep. The point is the only conflict in EL is intertheistic, and it isn't stressed out a lot. So I suggest to screw the friendship between Pl and WSC. They will be just 'cosmetic friends', otherwise diversion squads from Pl can enter WSC and vice versa.

And here's the story (Ima lousy writer)

After slaying his family and opposition, the powerlusting Luxin ascended on the throne and declared himself Archlord Of Serdia. He was a weak ruler and a tyrant, with total disregard of anyone else than him. He then built an arena, to get the people of the land slain in different ways for his own satisfaction.

A son of his, name unknown to history, probably of illegal birth, attempted to overthrow his twisted father, alas , before even the revolt even begun, Luxin's assassin squad, the Avjies, captured him , and brought him to the palace for punishment, by his fahter's request. Without a trial, he was condemned to be tortured... by Luxin. After months of torture, Luxin had a sudden flash of humanity and slew his bastard-born son with his own blade.

There were many revolts against Luxin's rule, few are recorded, since all the penholders were in service of Luxin.

Portland was not immune to Luxin's demented killing spree. It's puppet Tradelord, Targash , was a servile and skittish person and leader. He was also weak. Weaker than any man to walk the land. This of course enraged the future Trade Coucil. The Nine ran a undercover organisation to overthrow Targash, masked as a charity foundation to help the poor. This way they recieved the money required to equip and train a few elite assassins.

Finding the suitable people for the job was hard. With the Avjies lurking behind every corner, no one knew who is he taking for the job, a real resistor, or a spy of Luxin's. With many risks and gambling, they managed to find three people for the job. Alastar - a man of noble birth, and unbelievable strenght, Tooffo - a common rogue with exceptional expertiese in the use of an assassins dagger and Brielrak , a dwarf , with an axe as his one true love.

A dark, moonless and cloudy night it was. The Three exited an inn from the northern parts of the Portland ghetto. Under the cover of the night, they approached the gates. They snuk past the guards, and entered the city, they entered Targash' quarters with ease. Then they encountered the Tradelord's Elite Guard, the dwarf took out his axe and ran amok, hacking and slahing guards into tiny bits and pieces. When the last of the guards fell disfigured on the ground , Breilrak took a sword lying on the ground, and slew himself. The two antithesises of each other, Alastar and Tooffo, entered Targash's private quarters. There his personal bodyguard was alerted by the fight outside, and was expecting them fully armed. Alastar lunged his blade with all his might towards the guards chest, but it shatered in a million pieces. This unlocked all the rage accumulated in Alastar. He lept at the guard, grabbed him in a bearhug, and quickly tightened his arms, crusing the guards armor, and the guard inside it. He took the blade of the bodyguard, from his lifeless arms , and ended his life. During the fight, Targash had time to equip himself, and was ready for a fight. Alas, the rogue was nowhere to be seen. Then suddenly, the tradelord felt the chill of a dagger through his armor. That was the rogue, hidden in the shadows. As soon as Targash's knees hit the ground, Tooffo slit his veins with the same dagger that slew the Tradelord.

The following day, the council seized power. Their plan - brilliantly executed, with no other competitors for the leaders spot.

This enfuriated Luxin and he declared war on Portland - Welcome to Eternal Lands!

:)

Dimov,

While I do appreciate your wanting help the eternal lands storylines department, I am going to have to say that in the foreseeable future this story will not be implementable. I say that because this would require a major rewrite to storylines. This is not possible at this point. Whitestone is a bastion of peace at the moment. There is enough room for conflict around the Vermor region of the map. However, I do like that you are thinking of ways to add conflict the storylines. I encourage you to continue doing so, help is always welcome.

I am inclined to agree with you that the main conflicts of the game SEEM to be rooted around the gods. However, there will be more quests that are going to be implemented shortly that are not saturated with gods.

The idea behind Eternal Lands is a conflict between gods. The curse that damns everyone to live again after death was placed by the god Mortos. Other gods have attempted to alter and/or destroy it, but have failed. At the moment in the history, as it is currently (and someone let me know if this is to change), the gods are going to remove themselves from direct contact with mortals. This will allow for conflicts to develope between communities and races.

Edited by Quinticus

Thanks for the feedback. If not with WSC an PL this can be implemented, with 2 new cities, prolly on the new continent. I will keep coming up with conflicts, that is but my field of expertiese. :)

i am confused why would Alastar, Tooffo, and Brielrak kill themselves?

first brielrak kills himself after fighting the gate guards. why did he not just help out Alastar when Alastar fought the royal guards and then both Brielrak and Alastar help out Tooffo in killing Targash?

and why have them all kill themselves why not just have them try to kill luxon or so or settle down a raise a family and have some of Targash's relatives try to get some payback?

personally i think you have some suicidal fantasies that might need resolved Soon.

Hmmm, I didn't have time to read my story. I had to clear up, that the plan for them is, to kill them selves (also missed to mention, they were total fanatics, I apparently crapped all over the story), so noone can be an actual threat to the council's power. Also they didn't kill Luxy, becuz he's way to 1337 4 them.

Umm, Who are you and why did you post here? :P (In a loving way)

Perhaps you are a very old player I did not meet :P

Umm, Who are you and why did you post here? ;) (In a loving way)

Perhaps you are a very old player I did not meet :P

188615[/snapback]

I think I quit by the time you came...

I quit when all the characters were deleted from the server...

I know why the characters got deleted lol , is not because..

Nevermind I talk too much.