Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aerowind

Oldbie Poll

Who liked the game the way it was about a year + ago?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who liked the game the way it was about a year + ago?

• I did, it was awesome!!
    • Pfft
    • I like the way it is now

However, you cannot deny that careful reading of just about any "oldbie" thread in this game does contain tinges of the anti-new sentiment among certain oldbies.

188227[/snapback]

Exactly.

So what do you propose we do about all this? Do you think we oldbies should all just leave and solve your personal problems? What you're doing is oldbie bashing. I for one have never done anything or said anything against newbies or against the game of EL. But I'm an oldbie, and when you label oldbies as people who bash newbies and hate the game etc.....thats just as bad as aero labeling all newbies as 'this' or 'that'....so all you've done is lower yourself to the same level as you claim aero to be on.

Honestly, how do you think this problem can be solved? everyone understands each others' different sides of the argument by now. Its pointless to keep saying the same things over and over. Present a solution or stop complaining.

i dont see whats wrong with having a bit of sentimentality towards the game i mean it WAS better back then, it was a smaller community where everyone knew each other and didnt act like total tards all the time...well maybe except me ^^ anyways the oldbies will be here to the end of this games lifespan talking about the good 'ol days..and basically thats the way things are and will be :P

So what do you propose we do about all this? Do you think we oldbies should all just leave and solve your personal problems? What you're doing is oldbie bashing.

188243[/snapback]

But the problem is, is that some (not all) DO complain that the older version was better.  That the current versions of the game are not fun, that they can't enjoy it.  I mean, just look at the forums.  How many calls have there been to create an old server or to return to the old game?

188163[/snapback]

Having an opinion is one thing.

But bashing the new one is something else.

It would be one thing to have a "Remember when" post.  I've seen those.  Those are a lot of fun (usually with pics and stories).  But these bash posts are just negativity and I'm sorry if you disagree, but I really don't think they have a place on these forums.

188192[/snapback]

I'm not bashing oldbies. Some of them are great people. I'm bashing those that seem to think that these forums should be used to knock newbies and complain that the current game sucks.

Again, if you want to talk about the good old days and tell stories, great. But those that come here to say "I left the game because it sucks and I know play [insert mmorpg here]" are not helping things at all.

And if they were part of the great community of the past, then come back. Be part of it again. DO SOMETHING (action) not just complain and bitch and moan.

Again, if you want to talk about the good old days and tell stories, great.  But those that come here to say "I left the game because it sucks and I know play [insert mmorpg here]" are not helping things at all.

Thats pretty much Aero...and maybe one or two other ppl. Just because there are a few "rotten apples" (no offense aero) doesnt mean we're all out to do the same thing: DESTROY THE COMMUNITY BLEEAAH KILL NOOBS

If any of us oldbies have anything against today's new players, it's because some of them are in fact quite annoying. But the newbies who aren't annoying stick w/ the game, get active in the forums, and get over the few oldbies who may have given them a hard time.

And if they were part of the great community of the past, then come back.  Be part of it again.  DO SOMETHING (action) not just complain and bitch and moan.

What are you talking about?! I'll use myself as an example. I was part of the great community of the past. I "came back"...since yeah i took a few breaks here and there. Do something? what? I've donated, I've bought a T Shirt, I've made suggestions and given my input. And I'm not the only oldbie who's done this either. Don't sit there and only look at the negative, then ignore everything else. Without the oldbies (ALL of them) this game's community would be nowhere, and you'd be surrounded in a runescape-esque environment full of 100 times the amount of scamming and spamming and moronism than there is today.

Perhaps you've taken this as a personel attack. If so, I apologize because it is not about you.

And "Do something" was more of a call to get in the game and join the community.

And you can't tell me even at the inception of this game that there weren't n00bs around even then that people didn't like. If so, then this game was luckier than I can believe. The only thing different now is that the numbers have multiplied over and over (both good players and bad).

Bond supposedly has an alt in Twin. I dunno, I haven't seen him on in ever. But if he were truly a newbie-bashing oldbie, then he wouldn't be in a guild owned by a newbie, now would he?

On the other hand, there aren't a lot of newbie-bashing oldbies - most newbie-bashing people are newbies as well (two months or so - just hit level 40 harvesting, so are clearly now bigshots - mostly stand out by wearing a body piercing cape to kill goblins).

However, there are a lot of oldbies who think themselves better than others because of the amount of time they've played. I somehow missed the day in logic class when they revealed that playing longer gives people a hightened sense of perception and makes them deserve special treatment.

Perhaps Tumaros could explain it to me, since he needs an entire section of a forum to reminisce, instead of just one thread.