Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aerowind

Oldbie Poll

Who liked the game the way it was about a year + ago?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who liked the game the way it was about a year + ago?

• I did, it was awesome!!
    • Pfft
    • I like the way it is now

how can it be fun sitting in a pk map and not having any action? u can chat also somewhere else

as lomg i play EL, i let no1 chat in KF! KF is for PK

if u dont PK get the **** out my property :)

185719[/snapback]

I bet if you ever get in a RL fight and get your teeth knocked in, you'll finally start to dislike the fighting aspect. ;)

*stares at aspirin bottle some more*

I'm not an oldie here, though I've been playing some MUDs online for well over a decade so I guess I'm a oldie in general.

Every online game has it's phases. During the first phase everything is a brave new world, every kill a triumph, every new feature a blessing. During the second phase the game expands as word spreads, new players flood in and, while the majority are fine, some of them annoy/frustrate the original players with their attitudes/behaviour. This seems to be (in the general opinion of the longer players) where EL is now.

The good news for Aero and the rest is that phase three exists. Phase three is where the player base settles down as some new and shiny game distracts the new players who annoyed the longer players and you're left with the new players who turn into long term companions/friends in game.

The newer players who will become longer term players are already playing. I know some and those are the players I generally interact with. They are, as they say, 'good people'.

Now honestly, stop whining. If you want a prize for playing longer than others fair enough, that could be arranged possibly. However DO NOT call others 'noobs'. It doesnt matter how long you have been playing, just as long as you know how to play and you have fun with other players right?

Just using the words 'noob' 'newb' and 'n00b' is an attempt to create a heirarchy which encourages the abuse of these words. Ive seen far too much 'noob' calling in these forums and in the game, all i can say to anyone who tries to insult with this is get over yourself, your not special. The special ol'bies are the ones who appreciate, help improve or live with the development of the game.

If you do act aloof, then your just as bad as any RS 'noob' or any of these people who enter EL with some beleif that its an avatar chat program.

I understand this greif over the community, but beleive that you should be posting in the community or suggestions forums if you want to actually improve things.

What i observe to be a problem is that EL is an easy download and its easy to start a character, but its a slow game. The new players get bored with trying to understand the game, and leveling up on rabbits is definately not what they where expecting, so they make a nuisance.

I do not think 100% of nuisance players needed to be so, they just needed a well written, maybe in game manual to set them going.

...storms off to sit in Kilaran Fields, sits in poison zone, dies.....

I do not think 100% of nuisance players needed to be so, they just needed a well written, maybe in game manual to set them going.

185773[/snapback]

Feel free to revise the newest version of the help window, if you please...

Feel free to revise the newest version of the help window, if you please...

185784[/snapback]

just having that in the game will be a help.

main problem then will be getting people to read it, but that stuff answers most of the FAQs from chan 1. I'll be glad to see it come in

AHHHHHH the old days :) when channel 4 was teh popular and jen and vart and mike and jevik and cicero and just all the rest of us used to talk for hours :) about erm "whitening teeth" (cicero XD) or teh infamous leather pants ^^ or us always trying to help poor jen when she got hurt :') ahh the days..... then guilds came channel 4 died but it was still good we had GUILDS :) WOLF, *CO*, [TM], MMM, |)|_ and others but even that was lost..... and so here we are..................

i really didn't want to get started on this game, me and hazor just sat and talked about it awhile.

Aisy, i love you, but your dillusional. The game itself causes the community. People tend to be more hostile, because there goals are set more on beating each other, then reaching a certain spot. It's not like i want lvl 50 alc so i can make tit bars!!!!!

It's i want lvl 51 alc, so i can be better then so and so. Truly The all level fail items thing, is stupid. There's some people that take alchemy, as more then just a "money-maker" it's a way of life, or more simply put, what they enjoy in the game. I know that's how i was before the reset, i wanted to make tit bars so bad, i just worked and worked on alc everyday. There no longer, remains a goal for these crafts. No reason to get 19 levels above so i don't fail. The only goal is to be better then each other.

The only craft this goes without is fighting, which is already the most hostile craft.

book prices, outrageous. let's lower income and jack the prices. About 3 days after the reset i was like mind 30s nearing 40s harvest. WHY? i read diamond book and sat all hour. But that's beside the point, by the time i make 25k to read all these sub books and stuff to harvest quartz, I'll already be at the level to harvest emeralds.

So i think the game is partially to blame for the community it has brought. I don't know the answers, i don't know if fixing these could fix anything, it's just a start.

Not to mention the whole random event crap, to stop macro. That just kills newbs, and you really think any of those clients you made it to stop don't have auto heal? Or did you tilt nature a bit in their favor? surprising what a client can do, and how it can easily be assigned to harvest if it is not. And heal once it reaches certain health.

As for the whole oldbie, !$^* (crap). You might as well give it a rest, there's no reason to whine, moan and ***** over it. Your not getting anything accomplished, they're not gonig to change the game. And the way you present yourself is less then becoming, i wouldn't turn a eye to you if you complained. Instead get involved try to make a difference, make ideas.

The game is moving forwards not backwards, we'll never have that old el we loved back. I would rather see you just quit, then be so miserable wallowing in it. That's what a lot of us have done, moved on. For those of you not willing to give up, aisy, soldus, daxon. These are your rolemodels, i commend these people. Learn from them , don't become them, but become like them. Make sure your arguements are well written, not that yours wasn't aerowind. Try to introduce new ideas, that could better the game.

In the end we all must realize development is out of our hands, and in the devs. We cannot control them, but we can sway there minds with good ideas, and brilliant debates, not complaints.

For those like me, we have given up hope on the devs, i am sorry ent, roja, learner, rogue.. I deeply love you all, but your advancements forward, have ruined the game for me. I have moved on.

(With this please let all these topics rest aerowind and any other "oldbies")

With love to all my EL friends, i shall never forget the times we had.~~~Spockie

Edited by I_am_Spock

I haven't played for that long a year or so but some things has changed but i still like it as it is, everything changes and there's nothing u can do about it more then adjust to it as it is now.

I started mid 2004, so I'm not an oldbie. But DAMN! you know how much I'd want to know about EL before I actually started playing?!!!

And I'd quite like to see what EL was like in teh old days.. :)

EL looks alright, except for the fact that we have too many greedy people in PK maps and such (points at cg :P ).

I think there should be two kinds of PK maps, one which you could attack anyone anytime you see them (the ones now), and a type of pk which the other person has to confirm in order to start a fight.

Aisy, i love you, but your dillusional. The game itself causes the community. People tend to be more hostile, because there goals are set more on beating each other, then reaching a certain spot. It's not like i want lvl 50 alc so i can make tit bars!!!!!

It's i want lvl 51 alc, so i can be better then so and so. Truly The all level fail items thing, is stupid. There's some people that take alchemy, as more then just a "money-maker" it's a way of life, or more simply put, what they enjoy in the game. I know that's how i was before the reset, i wanted to make tit bars so bad, i just worked and worked on alc everyday. There no longer, remains a goal for these crafts. No reason to get 19 levels above so i don't fail. The only goal is to be better then each other.

185970[/snapback]

I think you might be on to something here. I never really looked at it this way but you do have a valid point. I think this is an issue and result that we need to look at when redesigning the skills.

Hey Arnie, if you would of read my economy post more closely, it wasn't the fact of how much beaver furs went for and stuff like that, it was the fact of the books and the lvl stuff... READ before you post

Hey Arnie, if you would of read my economy post more closely, it wasn't the fact of how much beaver furs went for and stuff like that, it was the fact of the books and the lvl stuff... READ before you post

186115[/snapback]

okay, let's go to the original post.

5. I loved the way the economy was way back (lots of money, lvl requirements, and no books)

185204[/snapback]

Lots of money = worthless money = inflated prices.

Level Requirements = I'll agree these would be good to come back.

No Books = no knowledge = no explanation on how you just "suddenly" learned how to make a full plate armor, or sword... realism factor

I had a longer post, but lost it, this will have to do to explain my point.

Well if we want it SOOOO realistic take out the lvl's and let's just get better 'skilled' like I said in another topic this game is turning into Illarion with lvl's and global chat...

Well if we want it SOOOO realistic take out the lvl's and let's just get better 'skilled' like I said in another topic this game is turning into Illarion with lvl's and global chat...

186138[/snapback]

Would you truly like me to name about 100 games all with leveling and global chat? -_- It's part of a game -- if they don't have either of those, they're either geniuses or complete morons.

Hmmm... I mean with the realism factor (such as the new manu system that's getting implemented) and Illarion doesn't have global chat or lvl's... you just get more skilled and your screwed for contacting someone from a distance, just send them a PM on the forums...

No Books = no knowledge = no explanation on how you just "suddenly" learned how to make a full plate armor, or sword... realism factor

186122[/snapback]

=) the line between Realism and Convenience must be crossed multiple times to ensure a fun game

=) the line between Realism and Convenience must be crossed multiple times to ensure a fun game

186143[/snapback]

By that logic, anyone should be able to cast Restoration spell, while lacking any of the following: Restore and Life sigils, Health Essence, Level 21 Magic, and 25 Etherial Points. Or, level 0 alchemists should succeed on titanium bars. Or, level 0 summoners should summon fluffys on IP for fun...

If everyone always succeeds on high level stuff, even at low levels with no work to it, where's the sense of accomplishment?

[Reluctantly refrains from making a comment on the Grand Theft Auto series]

Well I'm just trying to bring back the "glory days" (<-- IN QUOTES, so interpret however you like) with my "Blast from the Past" topics in general chat...

And of course, writing stories and roleplaying...

Whatever. :P

AHHHHHH the old days :)  when channel 4 was teh popular and jen and vart and mike and jevik and cicero  and just all the rest of us used to talk for hours :lurker: about erm "whitening teeth" (cicero XD) or teh infamous leather pants ^^ or us always trying to help poor jen when she got hurt :') ahh the days..... then guilds came channel 4 died but it was still good we had GUILDS :D WOLF, *CO*, [TM], MMM, |)|_ and others but even that was lost..... and so here we are..................

185945[/snapback]

hey, where am i on that list of people in channel 4!!~%!$@#~@@$@#!#@#$@

My guild is in there tho, oldbies will know which one it is.

186138[/snapback]

Damn straight aero, Illa is nice considering the increase of skill with no "levels"

Also, role playing that you just realised what you need to make something is a GREAT IDEA FOR EXPLAINING WHY YOU CAN MAKE THINGS!

Like in illa, if i learn something new i pull out a notebook make some notes and make it later :) so..yea

P.S. even Illa wants to start war against R.S. xD how about that? :P

Ahhhh the past when every 1 knew each other:-D i loved it back then whew just sit around the campfire and chat chill in happy spirits and chat chill almost newhere and just talk about nething like when we first got helmets:-D and the old char images ne 1 rember them but things changes and noobies get annoying and they should all die....but we will prolly never see EL as it was in its glories day and for all u noobies if u flame me u have no life so go kill your self it would make alot of oldbies happy:-D our kind rules !!!!!!

Im a leaf in my own little mind.

Huh?

Oh...right...e-lite...gotcha...

But then, where do the apples go?

Anyway AHH we need a vets. section of the forum...or like our own site or something, for when Reminisc-osity strikes!!!!!arrg.