Eternal Lands Official Forums
Kirianthis

Free levels.

The chatlog with piper should suffice to explain what I'm talking about.

Help request sent.

<help request: something like... I found a bug I'm getting free levels>

[PM from The_Piper: oh, how that?]

[PM to The_Piper: I just did the tutorial quest, then did the Healing quest for Mrs Lorpak. btw it's kiri here on an alt character :P]

[PM from The_Piper: lol, free manu xp?]

[PM to The_Piper: I was on level 2 manu, made a fox scarf on the way to Adnama and jumped to level 4. Then went back to Lorpak, got the bonus which took me to level 7.]

[PM to The_Piper: NOW is where the fun part comes in.]

[PM to The_Piper: I just made my first two potions (mana) and I'm on level 4 potions.]

[PM from The_Piper: wow, that i would call a bug.]

[PM to The_Piper: and it says I have 18/24 potions experience.]

[PM to The_Piper: I'll just make another and see what it does.]

[PM from The_Piper: well, post it. that sounds very weird:)]

You advanced to level 5 of potion!

[PM to The_Piper: level 5 potions... 27/24]

[PM to The_Piper: one more potion, it became level 5, 36/750]

[PM to The_Piper: I also made a few bones powder... I have 103/750 experience in alch... also level 5.]

[PM to The_Piper: hmmm so I'm not getting free experience, just free levels. I guess it would mean I'd fail a bit less, but it's not of much benefit. Still a bug.]

That pretty much sums it up. I have no idea how this happened or why :D

*edit* the next time I logged in with that character, I still had the levels 5 in alchemy and potions. It has the experience for attack, defense, alchemy, magic, potion, summoning, manufacturing and crafting all out of 1470... ie crafting 0/0 0/1470.

I'm hoping that doesn't mean I'll have to make a snotload of rings to get to level 1 :fire:

Edited by Kirianthis

Are you using the proper client for this server? By any chance are you using the client designed for port 2002 on 2000? That will mess you up royally.

No it's the standard client. I was unable to use the (TC) client. It seems to have issues with Windows 2000, and the download for the test client dropped out when it was almost done :unsure:

All standard issue EL equipment on a Win2k Pro Service Pack 4 OS.

Logged in again the next day and levels still show for example... Potion 5/5 [180/1470], and attack 6/6 [915/1470]

actually... looking again, on the green bar for attack, although I now have [1023/1470] It says I have 27 attack remaining to next level. Perhaps it will resolve itself... nope. It's now at -11 left and the green bar extends beyond its limit. (I'm aware that this sometimes happens normally, but then if you change maps or wait a few minutes it will right itself. This is not coreecting itself despite half an hour passing and multiple map changes.)

hehe the potions bar says I have 570 left to the next level... and it extends BACKWARDS over the E.M.U bar.

My printscreen button doesn't seem to be working, so I can't get a screenie of it at the moment... unless someone knows how to set up a batchfile to force a screenie?

This just keeps getting more and more bizarre :P I finally reached the 1470 experience mark with defense... and it then said You advanced to level 8 of defense! You advanced to level 8 of attack! (attack is still below 1470) yet in the stats panel (Ctrl A) It indicates level 7/7 [1477/1470]

Edited by Kirianthis

We will restart the server tomorrow, with a temporary hack to make it work, and later on we hope to manage to identify the cause of this problem and fix it.

i reset and the first Oa i got it gave me 7 pp's but the next oa's it only gave 1 pp then i logged off and back on and it worked fine.

me, aryan_mielleki, and tnamis where on channel 55 and one of them suggested that it was because we had a single attribute higher then any other one's we had.

I have 50 Will but 4 on everything else and both of them had something similar to that.

1 attribute way higher then any other one.

and i was fighting a deer with 50 Will and it gave me 16 attack exp per hit and 2 defence exp per hit

*EDIT* a few people on channel 55 (the channel the bug was decussed on) reset and got automatic 7 pp's when they first lvled

Edited by jrritter31984

I just experienced a leveling-up bug (8/2/05, 10:20 PM pacific time).

[edit - didn't belong in this topic because my problem is different. Create a new topic]

Edited by bkc56

hmm they're still messed up.

Levels:

Attack: 8/8 [2568/2881]

Defense: 8/8 [2166/2881]

Harvest: 19/19 [34123/39699]

Alchemy: 5/5 [140/196]

Magic: 0/0 [144/196]

Potion: 5/5 [360/383]

Summoning: 0/0 [0/140]

Manufacturing: 8/8 [1496/2058]

Crafting: 0/0 [0/140]

Overall: 20/20 [40997/47638]

Some of the levels are not applicable to the amount of the experience required for the next level.

Attack, defense and manufacturing are all 8/8 despite two being out of 2881, and the other being out of 2058.

I can advance a level, but it doesn't catch up with the level that it SHOULD be at...

for example now I get the server message You advanced to level 2 magic!

The Stats panel (ctrl A) says.... magic: 1/1 [252/274]

green bar shows -56 magic to the next level, -510 to attack, -108 to defense etc...

Edited by Kirianthis

This is wicked weird. Ill be testing this out. Let me get this right.

1) You gain experience for things at the normal rate

2) your levels increase without them reaching the required exp level

3) The bars at the bottom are showing negative numbers/incorrect information

Ill create a new character and test this out.

Note: Kill_me yes does not work like it should on 2002 server. Ill post more about it later.

Edited by Brom

Seeing it here still. Stats shows magic to be 7/7 [100/140]. When I select magic to be displayed in the green bar, it extends left to cover my "Load" bar completely. And it says 1370. el_error.jpg

Had the same problem happen to me on my alt., UnnamedOne. Was Remote Healing at level 3, and when I leveled, it jumped to 7. I wasn't sure what to think of it, and I just kept remote healing as normal.

EDIT: typo... "kepted"?

Edited by Arnieman

Let me get this right.

1) You gain experience for things at the normal rate

2) your levels increase without them reaching the required exp level

3) The bars at the bottom are showing negative numbers/incorrect information

1)correct.

2)correct.

3)correct. Some levels are displayed correctly... although these seem random. 2 level 8 skills are wrong, one level 8 skill is correct. For some levels, the discrepency is negative, so the bar flows to the left. Some levels have a positive discrepency, so the green bar is filled... and overflowing.

Kill_me yes doesn't work like it should

That's perhaps because it should be #killme yes :D

Edited by Kirianthis