Eternal Lands Official Forums
Alastria

ELManuals.com to be gone soon...

Since I don't play anymore, not to mention I don't really have much free time, the subscription period for ELManuals.com to be renewed is coming up soon, and I really don't have the $100 to spend to renew it, nor try to find someone to put the domain name with...

So I apologize to everyone out there that uses it like crazy!!! Whoever else out there that is an aspiring web designer/gamer/whatever you are, please feel free to take whatever you need from the website before it dissolves. There'll probably still be a while, I can't remember when I actually bought it, but whatever...

Just forewarning...love you all!

Alaaaassstrriiiaaaa :P:D How the heck are ya? :)

That's too bad...ever considered remaking it on something like freewebs? For now, at least...who cares if it's www.freewebs.com/alastria'sSUPERAWESOMECOOLmanualpage.htm? Most people just click on the link on the el hompage anyway...i think :hehe:

I dunno...anyway...

[EDIT] perhaps a CJB.net redirection?

~Tumie :P

Edited by Tumaros

Well, I guess i could put it someplace free...but the thing is, I don't even update it anymore....I don't really do squat w/ it...so I might .zip the site or something like Penner did and let whoever wants to D/L it or just copy and paste info...

As much as I love having a website to play with...I really haven't played w/ it that much in a really LONG time...

BTW *HUGGGLESKISSSSESBACKRUBS* to my Tum-luv...I've missed ya!!

Edited by Alastria

just having it as a .zip and giving people permission to do whatever (excepting the images and stuff from official EL maybe) would be a great help, and I'm sure there are people who would put this up somewhere

but even if it's on a free host with a longer URL, it's be a help (if you're not that interested in the game, then the .zip option so someone else can update it would probably work well too)

I still use the site from time to time, and often send newbies there, it's a good resource

Though I suspect that I joined EL after you had already become less active, you've still been able to be a good help, and I wanna say thank you, both for me and all the newbies that I send to elmanuals' pages :P

ed: I wonder how much of it is suitible for el.net...

Alastria...that site was so helpful to me as a noob...if you want to zip the site, i would be more than happy to put it up on my server (granted I still have access to it) and if not i could post it on a free site so that it will continue to be of use to the game.

Alastria, if you could possibly ZIP the code up, I could mirror some of the stuff on eternal-lands.net if thats ok?

Alastria, if you could possibly ZIP the code up, I could mirror some of the stuff on eternal-lands.net if thats ok?

183541[/snapback]

I could mirror the whole page too on my own server - since the page has always been a great help to me, I think it would be a shame to loose the page. If you could provide us a .zip of the page content I'd be glad to host it.

Actually, Learner and I have talked and he's been kind enough to say he might put aside some server space for me...I'll just need to renew the domain name through another company...the only consolation of me doing this, is that I have to update the material, which I'm perfectly happy with...(just gotta find the time)...

So, sorry to ruin everyone's hopes and dreams of taking over ELManuals.com!! Looks like it might just still live on w/ me...:(

So, sorry to ruin everyone's hopes and dreams of taking over ELManuals.com!!  Looks like it might just still live on w/ me...:(

183821[/snapback]

actually that's even better :omg: