Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wytter

New map editor wishlist

Would be nice if you can click on the clock and spin the pointer around..to change the time of day :)

209388[/snapback]

yea, that can be done :)

Petersohn, that's the map editor in the 1.1.2 distribution, not the one we're discussing here.

Here's an updated pic:

http://wytter.tfm.ro/elc/new_map.jpg

It now handles creating new maps, opening old maps, saving maps, changing the dungeon state and changing the time. Otherwise its still just moving around.

209378[/snapback]

Woohoo I love it! :P

Would it ever be possible to group and duplicate a set of items, like making a room and then make a duplicate of it on the same map or on another map?

Edited by Derin

Woohoo I love it!  :P

Would it ever be possible to group and duplicate a set of items, like making a room and then make a duplicate of it on the same map or on another map?

209614[/snapback]

*pokes derin* *cough* sounds like the copy/paste Choris and I asked for :P

The new map editor doesn't work. It misses a libgtk-win32-2.0.0.dll file.

209456[/snapback]

Looks like someone forgot to compile without GTK... because last I checked, neither version requires GTK on windows.

w00t! Those are cool! I wonder, what maps are the EL programers looking for? Storages? Temples? Secret places? Houses? Caves?

The new map editor is not functional enough for actually creating maps... But hopefully it will be soon :)

I want to make maps as well now ;-)

Woohoo!

Fantastic work Wytter (and lumen)!

Us non-tech ppl are looking forward to be able to use this without compile -frtrs -pletretrtr first :)

The 3D object and particle browser now works:

http://wytter.tfm.ro/elc/particle_browser.jpg

As you can see you can choose the tile behind the particles. This makes it easier to see some of them. If you havent selected a tile it'll just use the default grass (1).

http://wytter.tfm.ro/elc/3d_browser.jpg

Would it be possible to make it so that you can rotate the view with the middle mouse button like in the client?

What happend to this project? Is it finished or will someone else continue to do Wy's work? It looks very promising

What happend to this project? Is it finished or will someone else continue to do Wy's work? It looks very promising

Someone would need to see where it is at and head up the project.

I love it, it seems almost like StarEdit for Starcraft, which I am familiar with. I hope is did not end in the rotten pit of past, can anyone post here, where it is, after he finds it?

EDIT: I already tried to find it, yet no succes :P

Edited by ThordinElement

can anyone post here, where it is, after he finds it?

It is very much still unfinished. I am wanting to look at continuing development, but without much knowledge of where progress was it will take me a while. At this stage, I am focusing on this client release, then some additional patches and bug fixes shortly afterwards... then I'll look at the map editor. If anyone wants to help (its heavily based on the client so client knowledge is handy) that would be great as I'll have limited time once work starts shortly).